InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ I'm not Kikyo ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for
I'm not Kikyo
I woke up at my usual 6:30, giving myself just one hour to shower, brush my teeth, do my hair, get dressed, and grab breakfast before Inuyasha got there. He's always right on time and he gets frustrated when I'm not. I was just about to get my stuff in my backpack when his car pulled up in the driveway, I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket like crazy.
I ignored the call and ran out the door. Mom gave me a quick wave but I didn't have time to stop and say anything.
"You're late" He mentioned, glancing at the clock. It read 7:37 am.
"Sorry, I thought I would make it" I said apologetically. I flashed him my best smile and he instantly forgave me.
"Keh. Whatever. We'll still make it on time" He brushed the apology off and drove away from my house.
"Who's Kikyo?" I asked randomly, tired of hearing her name and knowing nothing about her. He started violently coughing and we had pull over to the side for him to calm down.
"How do you know about her?" He barked. I was once again shocked by his roughness towards me. I kinda flinched at his tone.
"You said her name, when we went to Wal-Mart. You said you didn't want me to end up like her" I repeated. It must have clicked in his head because his body language tensed up even more.
"Don't worry about her, alright?" He said harshly.
"No, it's not! I want to know who she is" I pressed on; I softened to make sure that I wasn't coming off too strong but I couldn't help the fact that I was curious.
"She was my girlfriend, something bad happened to her, and then she killed herself. End of story. Why does it matter to you?" Inuyasha questioned.
"Someone called me, and said that you'll leave me the same way you did Kikyo and that I should leave you alone if I know what's good for me" I admitted.
"Who?" He asked, he was looking so pissed off and angry. I wanted to smile because he looked cute when he was mad but I just kept a straight face.
"I don't know. Their number is blocked" I answered.
"Do you still have the message?" He asked. He started driving again. It was 7:51 and we definitely were late.
"Yeah I'll play it on speaker" I said, I punched in my password and he listened to it.
"That's Yura, that little bitch" He hissed. I couldn't believe I wasn't able to recognize her voice.
"Why would she care about Kikyo?” I asked, confused.
"She was Kikyo's best friend. She blamed me for her death" Inuyasha said softly.
"It's not your fault that she killed herself, you couldn't have done anything" I tried to soothe his pain but it failed.
"If I hadn't had left her alone, if I would have stayed with her when she asked me. She would have been alive today. I would rather hurt myself than hurt her" He insisted.
"Stayed with her where?" I asked.
"Kikyo was crying. She told me she was afraid and just needed me there but I knew if I stayed, Sess would have had a fit. So I left, and she killed herself" He said silently. He was dead serious and he kept his eyes glued away on the road. I could see tears starting to come down his face.
"You did what you felt was best. She couldn't handle the stress of the situation. How can you know she was going to do that? You didn't! You did the best you could as her boyfriend but she had problems that ran deeper than you could help" I added into the silence.
"That's why we can never be…I don't want you to end up hurt by something stupid I do" He responded.
"I'm getting counseling and I've worked out a lot of the emotional problems I'm having over the rape. I'm getting better and yes it'll take time but I will be myself again. You can't compare me and you to you and Kikyo" I said firmly.
"Kikyo said all the same things that she was getting better, that we could still be the couple we use to be, that she was healing. And she killed herself, Kagome. So obviously none of that was true. I don't want you to leave the way she left me" We finally made it to the parking lot of Shikon High but neither of us got out of the car.
"I'm not going to leave you, so don't say that ever again. I'm not Kikyo. You have to be able to separate us" I said.
"But you couldn't separate me and Sess, because you freaked out when we kissed the other day" He countered.
"But I am trying to, I am not gonna let my past rape affect my present relationship with you" I struggled.
"There is no romantic relationship Kagome, we're just friends" He said, getting out of the car. And for some reason, I felt my heart break a little bit more this time than when he made me promise to be only friends. I can't move forward with him, but I don't want to go backwards. How is that fair for me? Why is it that I am trapped because of Kikyo's demise?
"Are you coming Kagome?" He asked.
"Yeah, just getting my bag" I called back, and I let him walk a little ways away before I got out. I didn't want him to see my eyes puffy and red. He walked a little ways in front of me, and I was relieved cuz at least I wouldn't be forced to explain why I was crying. We parted once we got into the hallway because we had a different first period. I didn't even want to go because I knew Yura and Sango would be there.
Sango could see my puffy eyes and quiet demeanor and she tried to come over to me but one look from Yura stopped her dead in her tracks. I just glared at them both, pissed that my best friend left me for some little slut who was dating Naraku. Maybe Yura knew more about Kikyo? But I could never ask her though.
"Mrs. Higurashi, are you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse's?" my teacher asked.
"No sir, I'm fine, sorry" I said sheepishly and then began to pay better attention to class.