InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ Bitchiness ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010.
Bitchiness
"Kagome, hey can we talk?" Sango called after me. The class period was over, and we were the only two left behind.
"What do you want Sango? Are you off your leash now that Yura isn't around" I spat at her.
"I know I haven't been a good friend to you lately and I'm sorry, really. Yura just doesn't like you, I don't know why but she doesn't. So she doesn't like me to hang around you. But you know I am still your girl and I got your back, just like I did that October night. Come on Kags, don't be mad at me" Sango pleaded.
"Well it doesn't seem like we're friends. A real friend wouldn't let me suffer an entire period alone; you should have come over and talked to me. Is Yura your new best friend or something?" I hissed, but Sango didn't take this comment as well as the last one.
"Look Kags, I know you hate Yura, and she hates you too. I don't know what you did to make her feel that way about you, but I'm trying to be a friend to you. While you were out recovering, I didn't have my best friend. I didn't know how you were doing; how you were feeling, and if you'd ever come back to school. Everyone shunned me because I was the best friend of the girl who killed Sesshomaru. Yura was the only one who talked to me, and she was the one who made everyone stop harassing me. So I feel loyal to her" Sango explained.
"Fine, then take your damn loyalty to her and go to hell" I screamed, I could feel my head reeling but I refused to walk away until she left first. We just stood in the classroom just staring at each other. There was a crowd forming at the doorway, with a whole bunch of students watching us.
"Is that bitch bothering you Sango?" Yura asked in her sickeningly sweet voice. Sango glanced over at her and nodded.
"Look you whore, don't be mad at Sango. She was trying to help your dumb ass out, you can't have many friends after what you did to Sesshomaru, and you're not appreciative. So step off before we have to make you" Yura warned.
"I'm not the whore Yura; HE deserved to be killed for what he did to me. You'd never understand cuz you were too busy spreading your legs for Naraku, you didn't pay attention to me or Sango that night. You need to get out of my face with your dumb ass friend, she's nothing more than a spineless loser just like you" I said, not afraid of either of them. Sango looked at me in shock.
"He raped you, didn't he?" A small red headed girl with olive skin came and asked. I turned to her, having never seen her before.
"I…I don't know what you're talking about" I stammered, afraid that someone finally knew. Besides Inuyasha and Sango, I hadn't told anyone else.
"He raped you upstairs in the bathroom on the floor, and that's why you killed him" The girl continued. All I wanted to do was make her stop.
"Shut up, where would you get that stupid idea?" I was trying so hard to make her seem stupid and that it wasn't real.
"He RAPED you, don't deny it!" she sounded crazy now, like she was telling me not just asking me.
"Did he rape you?" someone in the crowd asked. My mouth went dry, and I couldn't speak.
"Yes he did, I was there and I took her to the hospital" Sango admitted, and I turned my head to see her smiling and happy to out my secret. It hurt me so bad to see how quickly she turned on me. That's the last thing I remember hearing before I ran over and slapped the hell out of Sango.
Then I ended up in the office, with Mrs. Kaede talking to us both.
"Mrs. Higurashi, I am very disappointed in your behavior. Although Mrs. Slayer was wrong to share that bit of information with the crowd, you should not have put your hands on her. It took several people to get you away from her before she tried to hurt you. You are a pregnant woman, and you better start acting more responsibly. I am not going to call your parents, but you, Sango, have Saturday school for that behavior. Go to class, Mrs. Slayer" Kaede dismissed her.
"Mrs. Kaede, please! She put my whole life out there like that, now everyone knows what happened to me? And now you're punishing me" I exclaimed.
"I cannot condone what you did to Sango, it was inexcusable. This school has a no tolerance policy when it comes to fighting, and you broke that by slapping Sango. Now I understand you've been under a lot of stress, and you're dealing with things other teenagers are not going through but you cannot allow your emotions to take over your better reasoning. For that, I want you to have a few sessions with the high school counselor to discuss what happened today and if he deems you alright, then you may return to your normal classes. For now, I'm going to have to ask you to go home" Kaede said softly.
"Suspending me? Mrs. Kaede, it was just a bad reaction, honestly!" I tried to explain but she put up a hand to cut me off. She picked up the phone on her desk and whispered something into the phone.
"Your mother would like a word with you" she passed the phone off to me and I pressed the cold plastic to my ear.
"Mama?" I said.
"Kagome, what happened? Kaede said that you slapped Sango in class today?" Mom said.
"Sango told everyone that I was raped, she humiliated me in front of the school and now everyone's gonna know. You know how rumors spread. I was so angry at her and just hurt, I thought she was a real friend" I said, the frustration causing me to start to cry.
"We'll be paying the Slayers a visit later on this weekend, but I can't pick you up. I gotta finish this shift at the Café, and I gotta grave yard shift at the hospital too. Can she release you to Inuyasha?" Mom asked.
"I'm not sure, you'd have to ask her" I passed the phone back to Kaede who ushered me from the room. As I sat in the hallway outside the office, Inuyasha came plopping into the seat next to me.
"Miroku told me what happened" He commented.
"I hate her, I hate her so much. How could she do this to me?" I started whining.
"You couldn't keep it a secret for forever, but what I don't understand was who that red head girl was who told in the first place…no one seems to know her. I don't think Yura or Sango will be bothering you anymore" Inuyasha cut me off.
"What do you mean?" I said, looking him up and down. I noticed his knuckles were bloody.
"What happened to your hand?" I asked. He instantly covered it up by his shirt sleeves.
"Don't worry about me Kags, I'll take you home after I talk to Mrs. Kaede" He said as the secretary summoned him into the room and left me once again alone in the hallway.
I was afraid for Inuyasha, I don't know what he did or what he got in trouble for but I was glad to be leaving soon.