InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ A Date? ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for
A Date?
I cracked open my Child Development Book and began skimming through the pages. Mama signed me up for this online college course called Child Development 101. She felt it'd be good for me to learn about the stages of a child's life from infancy to adolescence so that I could be a good mother. I can see she's trying to help but she doesn't realizing bogging me down with another class when I'm dying of stress now, wasn't the best way to go about it.
"I hope you don't mind that I did this for you, Kagome. It's just, with the baby on its way in just 3-4 short months, you won't have enough time to learn any other way" Mama said, she had that nervous smile that looked like she was waiting on me.
"It's great Mama, I'm not too busy right now in my classes so maybe I can dive into it. I appreciate the help" I gave her a warm hug. Her nervous smile went away, and a real smile came out on her face.
"Great, and if you need any help, I'm here for you" She said, leaving me to my studying. I logged onto the class with the information Mom wrote on the sticky pad. The class was going to be some work alright. Because it was a short term (8 week) course, I was going to have to read 3 chapters a week, do some discussion posts, 4 essays, 1 project, 2 quizzes, a final and a midterm. Goodness, she couldn't have just bought me a pregnancy book? Or a subscription to Pregnancy magazine?
I saw my phone vibrate on the desk, so I made me way over to get it. Standing up suddenly made me feel like I had to pee.
"Hey Kagome, I" He started but I had to cut him off.
"Hold on a second, I gotta pee" I sat the phone back down, careful not to hang up on him, and went to the bathroom. After I had finished and washed my hands, I went back to the phone.
"Sorry about that, you were saying" I said.
"I'm wondering what you're doing this weekend…maybe we could go out…" He suggested.
"Go out? Like Movie and dinner?" I asked.
"Sure, whatever you want" He agreed. I wasn't sure if he meant like a date, or just as friends. But to ask him may make him take it back.
"Sounds great, it's been awhile since I've been out anywhere. Should I dress casual or what?" I asked, my eyes searching through the open closet to find something acceptable.
"Casual Kags, it's not like you have to impress me or anything, geez" He answered. So I guessed it wasn't a date, but I'm still not sure.
"Alright Alright, what time you gonna pick me up?" I asked.
"Friday at 8, that ok?" He asked.
"Yeah sounds great, see you then" I hung up, now skimming through my clothes for something suitable to wear. Most of my clothes were either baggy and not appropriate for a date, or too tight because of the baby weight I was gaining.
"Mom!" I shouted, frustrated with my lack of options.
"What is it baby?" She came running in.
"Inuyasha asked me out this weekend, and I have nothing to wear" I pouted.
"A date?" She asked.
"I'm not sure, but in case it is a date…I wanna look good" I replied.
"I know this story in the mall that sells only maternity wear. We could try some on and maybe you could just wear that. Sound good?" Mom asked.
"Sure, and can you help me pick something out?" I asked.
"OF course Kagome, I'll grab my purse and we can go" Mom said, looking excited. I wasn't sure what had her so happy but I guess she's just as ready for me to date as I am. I put on my vans because I didn't want anything to hurt my feet while we were walking around. Mom guided me straight from the car to the Maternity Wear store and I felt so young. Everyone in there was in their late twenties or thirties and had their husband shopping with them. Here I am, 16 years old, going shopping with my mom.
"Hi welcome to Maternity Wear. May I help you?" A clerk asked.
"Yes, my daughter was looking for a casual dress" Mom answered, and she couldn't have noticed my embarrassment. The lady looked over at me and I felt really uncomfortable.
"She's about a large, I think this would work for her" The lady grabbed the first dress that she saw, and my goodness it was perfect. It was white at the top, and embroidery in the middle that separated the long black skirt and it went all the way past my knees.
"What do you think?" My mom asked.
"It looks perfect, I know Inuyasha will like it" I answered. The woman looked at me confused.
"Cash or charge?" She asked, my mom handed over the one credit card she owned and the woman swiped it.
"It's on sale, $30 off" The lady ripped off the receipt, let my mom sign on copy and handed her another to keep.
"Thanks Mom, I appreciate it" I leaned my head on her shoulders, because we were just about the same height. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"Inuyasha is a sweet guy, and if he is there for you, then you should let him be. Don't be afraid to move forward" Mom advised. We rode back in the car in silence, me thinking about Inuyasha and our not so date-ish "date"