InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ 1st Date ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for grammar, spelling, and clarity.
First Date
"Aw my little baby's all grown up" Mom cooed, her hands were on my shoulders and she was looking at me through the mirror. I definitely matured from that little girl who lost her father at six years old. Mom helped me put my hair in a messy bun, she gave me a little make-up to soften my features and hide the tired bags under my eyes.
"Thanks Mom, I can't believe Inuyasha asked me to go. I mean he didn't have to" I said looking up at her.
"He can see what a sweet, wonderful, caring young woman you are and he wants you. Don't think that's enough for him to want you?" Mom asked me.
"Well I mean with everything that's happened to me in the last few months, it's a wonder anyone wants to look at me" I held my head down; Mom grabbed me by the chin and made me face her.
"You were not responsible for what Sesshomaru did to you. Inuyasha knows that and you should too. Sesshomaru was in the wrong for what he did, and you are a victim. What happened to you isn't your fault, sweetheart" Mom said.
"I know Mom but it doesn't stop people from looking and staring and making comments. Honestly I don't know how to feel anymore" I confessed.
"Well I want you to feel stronger about yourself, this is your special night and I want you to take full advantage of it" Mom advised. She sprayed a little perfume on me and then she gave me a kiss. She peered out of the window to see Inuyasha's car pull up.
"There's your ride, sweetie. We better get downstairs or no one will be able to answer the door" Mom teased, we got up from in front of the mirror to make our way downstairs. I wore sandals to keep my feet comfortable and then I wore the little sundress that I felt so pretty in.
"Hi Mrs. Higurashi" Inuyasha greeted her, and she gave him a little peck on the cheek. He looked stunning; his long silver hair was pulled back into a ponytail. He was wearing a long sleeved dress shirt with the cufflinks undone and a pair of black slacks. It was nice to see him all dressed up.
"You look…beautiful" Inuyasha gushed. I blushed and looked away; I felt tears coming to my eyes. It's not every day the guy you like says that to you. I really wanted to cry but I held it in.
"I don't want to make you two late but…I wanna get a few snapshots before you go" Mom pulled out her digital camera for us to pose. I stood happily, beside Inuyasha. His hand rested against my back and we posed a couple of different ways.
"Go ahead and have a good night" Mom ushered us to the door. I turned back to smile at her.
"Bye Momma" I said, looking at her over my shoulder.
"I expect you'll have her home by 11, Inuyasha" Mom threatened, still smiling. I thought it was so cute that she was worried about me.
"Of course Mrs. Higurashi" Inuyasha nodded, opening the car door for me. It was sweet because he never treated me that way.
"Sorry about my mom, she's really just concerned about me" I tried to laugh off the photo shoot my mom forced us into.
"It's fine Kagome; I'm not worried about it" Inuyasha brushed it off. He started the engine and drove off to the restaurant.
"Thanks for the…night out. It's been awhile since I had a reason to dress up" I smiled at him.
"Feh. Don't act like you were Cinderella or something, Kagome. I wanted us to have a little change in what we usually do" Inuyasha kept his eyes on the road.
"I'd enjoy anything we do, just being around you is enough for me" I said.
"You deserve more Kags, after everything in the last week" Inuyasha retorted. I thought about the horrific week we've had lately and I agree that we did need a little break from the usual. We arrived at P.F. Chang's and the line was out the door. Inuyasha opened the door for me, and we walked hands interlocked through the restaurant doors.
"Welcome to P.F. Chang's, do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked.
"Yes, Two under Takahashi" He said formally, it was nice to see he planned everything out. She ran her fingers down a list of names and found ours. Then she crossed it out.
"Right this way Mr. And Mrs. Takahashi" She smiled at me, and led us to our table.
"I'm not…" but Inuyasha cut me off. He waited for me to sit down before he took his own seat.
"What would you like to drink, miss?" The waitress asked.
"Water, please, thank you" I said, looking through the menu.
"And for you, sir?" The waitress turned to ask him.
"Same thanks" He said. We continued to look around but didn't really see anything that caught our eyes.
The waitress came back with two glasses of water. "Are you ready to order?" She asked perkily.
"We're not really sure what's good on the menu" Inuyasha said gruffly.
"I would recommend the P.F. Chang's for two. That way you can get soup, a starter, entrée, and two mini desserts" The waitress recommended. Inuyasha and I glanced that over for a quick second and then agreed.
"I'll have the Egg drop soup, Sweet and Sour Pork, and the great wall of chocolate" I ordered confidently.
"I'll have the Hot and Sour Soup, the Crab wontons, Mongolian beef, and the flourless chocolate dome" Inuyasha ordered.
"Sounds great, I'll get the soups right out for you and put the rest of the order in" The waitress ran off to complete our order.
"I was wondering Kagome…how did the counseling go with Mr. Atasha?" Inuyasha asked. I nearly choked on my water when he asked that. It went just horribly. I mean most of the questions were about Inuyasha and I certainly didn't leave feeling better than when I went in.
"It was alright, he asked a bunch of really random unrelated questions and then let me go" I said quickly, nervously wiping the corner of my mouth.
"Oh, cuz I was wondering if you felt more like your normal self" He commented.
"I do feel much better. Like a regular teenage pregnant girl" I laughed nervously. Inuyasha eyed me suspiciously but said nothing.
"The soups; the egg roll soup for you and the hot and sour soup for you. Enjoy" She set the bowls down in front of us.
"What was tonight all about Inuyasha?" I asked, sipping my soup from the spoon.
"Nothing" He said too quickly for my liking. I placed my arm on the table and reached my hand out for his. To my surprise, he reached out and met me half way.
"Kagome, I…" but the waitress's reappearance cut him out.
"The starter for you two, the Crab Wontons" She announced, placing it on the table. Our arms retracted to our own sides. She cleared away our empty soup bowls.
"Your meals will be out shortly" She added, leaving our table in peace. After that the rest of the meal was in silence. Could Inuyasha finally be willing to admit he likes me? I mean he knows l like him, right? What about this baby?
The waitress said nothing as she cleared our starter away and gave us our entrees finally. We digged in hungrily and said nothing for awhile.
"How's your Sweet and Sour Pork" Inuyasha asked. He glanced over at my picked over plate.
"It's alright, how's the Mongolian Beef?" I asked, it looked quite delightful.
"It's really good, you want some?" Inuyasha asked and I nodded. Inuyasha got a little on the edge of his fork and held it out in mid air for me to eat. I leaned over my plate a little, careful not to jab my stomach with the table, and ate off his fork. I chewed it up, trying not to just die from smiling.
"What's so funny?" Inuyasha asked.
"Nothing Yash" I replied, smiling through my eyes. The meal was just delicious and he fed me with his personal fork, I liked Inuyasha's meal better than my own.
"Ready for dessert?" The waitress asked smiling.
"Yes please" I said hungrily. The waitress nodded and left once again. Inuyasha and I just stared at each other from across the way.
She brought back our mini desserts, but instead of my chocolate cake I requested, it was a huge white cake that she lowered in front of me. I looked down at the cake and it said Will U Be MINE?
I looked up at Inuyasha to see him smiling hesitantly at me. "Yes" I answered, returning the smile. I took a knife off the table and cut a slice out for me.
"What took you so long to ask me?" I asked casually. Inuyasha put his fork down and looked at me.
"Feh. Love doesn't know time" Inuyasha answered, and in a way that made sense. He couldn't handle me when I first approached him but he was ready for me now and that's all that mattered.
"You want some of this cake?" I asked. Inuyasha's eyebrows went up.
"Close your eyes" I said playfully, with his eyes closed, I grabbed my slice of cake in my hand and smashed it into his face. He opened his eyes, shocked.
"What was that for?" He growled.
"You look cute with cake on your face" I swiped my finger into the frosting on his face, and as about to lick off my finger when he grabbed my wrist. I held the frosting finger out and he sucked my finger, we had already started drawing attention, and I couldn't help but blush.
"I don't know what tastes better; the cake, or you" He taunted. I felt my face catch on fire.
"Would you like some extra napkins?" The waitress asked.
"That and the check, please" I said, I wanted us to go. Inuyasha finally let go of my finger, and I held the digit like it was just stolen from me. He was still smirking at me.
"Here you go, I'll take those plates from you" She slid her hand carefully to both plates and removed them. Inuyasha whipped out his platinum credit card and paid for it. She took the black book away with his card.
"Thanks for the great time Inuyasha" I whispered, suddenly feeling butterflies in my stomach.
"No thank you Kagome" He said huskily, and I wasn't sure why he sounded like that.
"Do you still want to watch the movie…or would you rather do something else?" I asked, kinda feeling bold.
"What else do you have in mind?" Inuyasha asked, holding my hand and escorting me from the restaurant.