InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ Hot and Bothered ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for grammar, spelling, and clarity.
Hot & Bothered
"We could go sit somewhere and just talk…feels like we've been so busy lately that we haven't" I said smiling. Inuyasha gave my hand a little squeeze and led me back through the parking lot to his car. It was nice, because the sun was starting to go down and we had such a wonderful dinner and dessert.
"I know just the place for us to go" Inuyasha said, opening the car door for me. I carefully slid in and buckled my seat belt. It was the perfect date; me and Inuyasha. No drama, no parents, no people from school. Nothing.
Inuyasha drove up to a high hill way away from people, houses, or buildings so we can watch the sun set.
"That's so sweet of you Inuyasha" I cooed, enjoying such a beautiful site. I didn't know he had such a romantic side to him.
"Keh, it's just the sun Kagome" He brushed me off but I could tell I had embarrassed him.
"I mean everything; taking me to doctor's appointments, driving me back and forth from school, tonight" I explained, turning to face him. I had to unsnap my seat belt because it wasn't giving me any room to move.
"It's no big deal, anyone would do the same thing" He turned away to face out his driver's side window. I reached my hand out tentatively to reach his shoulder; instead I cupped his face with my left hand. Instead of him being his usual brash self, he leaned into my touch. His smooth face felt so soft in my hand. He looked up at me and he was so handsome.
"No one would do this for me, and you didn't have to but you did" I whispered, feeling breathless. This Inuyasha, the soft, shy, sweet one was a rare sight for me.
"Kagome…I'd do anything for you" He responded, moving away from hand and closer to my face. My eyes bugged out for a second until his lips crashed on mine. My eyes widened and then shut because it felt like something out of a movie. My hands wrapped around the sides of his face and I held him close to me. I leaned forward because I didn't want us to break apart. I gasped for some air and that's when Inuyasha gently pushed his tongue into my mouth. But I didn't get those nervous feelings inside my stomach anymore.
Inuyasha's hands found their way on the small of my back. He was leaning way over his side of the car, and I found myself pressed up against the passenger door in his car. Our tongues playfully wrestled for a little while before Inuyasha stopped it.
"Why'd you stop?" I asked; glad to be able to breathe for once.
"I don't think I could go much longer before we both do something we might regret" Inuyasha hinted and we both looked down at the bulge in his pants, and instead of getting all flustered, I just smirked. I have that affect on him.
"How responsible of you, Inuyasha" I teased, "2 different sides of you in one night, that's a miracle".
"Ha ha ha, very funny" He said sarcastically. He revved up the engine and I put my seatbelt on. We drove listening to You Belong to Me in the car.
"You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset. She going off about something that you said. She doesn't get your humor like I do. I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night, I'm listening to the type of music she doesn't like, she'll never know your story like I do. She wears short shorts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming bout the day when you wake and up find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time. If you can see that I'm the one who understands you, been here all along, so why can't you see that you belong with me" I sang. Inuyasha scrunched up his nose at me.
"I can't stand Taylor Swift, she can't even sing" He said, shaking his head.
"She writes romantic love songs, I like her" I argued, leaning forward in the car.
"It's sappy, not romantic" He retorted. I just rolled my eyes and sat back in the car. Inuyasha drove while I finished singing the song and sang a few more songs before we arrived home. I felt so free with Inuyasha, like nothing mattered.
"Here you are Kags, run inside before your mom thinks I kept you out late" Inuyasha teased.
"Alright, text me later?" I asked, grabbing at the door handle.
"Yeah don't I always?" He questioned, throwing his hand up. I smiled and waddled up to the front door. Souta was there to greet me as always.
"How was your date sis?" He asked.
"It was great, where's Mom?" I asked, pushing my stomach past him.
"Upstairs, she's doing the bills. I'm gonna go watch SpongeBob" He said, bouncing off to the living room. I took my time up the stairs to Mom's room. Her door was cracked so I gently knocked and peeked my head in.
"Hey Kagome, how was your date?" Mom asked, her head buried in papers that were spread out all over her Queen sized bed. She didn't even look up at me so I sat on the edge of the bed and pushed some papers out of the way.
"Great! Inuyasha took me to P.F. Chang's, got me a cake, took me to watch the sun set and we even kissed. This time I didn't freak out or anything. Tonight was magical" I said, giggling and happy.
"That's good honey, I'm just trying to take care of these bills" She said, picking up another one from some type of stack. I glanced at one that was on the bed from the counseling office.
"They actually have the nerve to charge $35 an hour every time I go to see Kagura?" I exclaimed, unbelievably shocked.
"Nothing is free in life sweetie, but it was necessary" Mom answered, taking the bill from me.
"How much do the bills come to each month?" I asked. I felt my phone vibrate and I saw it was Inuyasha.
Hey, what's up
Without looking away from my mother, I texted him back saying that my mom and I are busy talking.
"Well we're barely making it month to month. I'm going to have to cut the cable off for awhile" Mom answered, handing me the hospital bills. Just for my regular check up and prenatal vitamins, it was costing an arm and a leg.
"I'm so sorry Mom, this baby has been nothing more than a hassle and I haven't even thought about how it's affecting the family. I should just give it up for adoption" I blurted without thinking.
"Don't you dare make a rash decision like that Kagome! If you want to keep this baby, if he or she means that much to you, then you do what you feel is best. Don't let financial worries prevent you from making your own decision. The baby is not a hassle, to me or to you" Mom snapped. I had never heard her talk to me or Souta that way before so it hurt a little.
"Alright, then I want to keep the baby. I love him or her and I want to raise it" I answered. For the first time she looked up at me.
"Good choice Kagome, be sure to keep thinking about it though. You have time before you must decide" Mom said. I took that as my cue to go so I slipped from the room.