InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Kiss From a Rose ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Kiss from a Rose,” by Seal.
 
*There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.*
 
InuYasha was sitting on the God Tree. He didn't feel like talking. He turned into a full demon just the day before. He lost so much control that he slaughtered half of a village. If it weren't for Kagome getting through to him, he would have slaughtered more people.
 
“InuYasha,” said a voice. He looked down to see a beautiful sight, beautiful as a rose.
 
*Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.*
 
“Are you all right?” asked Kagome. She started climbing up the tree so she can sit next to him. She always felt concerned for him when he becomes a full demon, the way he can't control his demonic blood.
 
The demon they fought was stronger than they thought. She supposed when they were thrown in unconsciousness; his rage took over. Kagome doesn't remember much what happened, but when she opened her eyes, she saw the village half destroyed. The only way she could think of was to kiss him, to hug him, to tell him that she loved him. That was the only thing that was on her mind.
 
*Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.*
 
InuYasha didn't look at her, nor responded. He was silent as snow falling on to the ground. How can he meet the eyes of a pure woman since he was a tainted half demon who can't control his demonic blood?
*Ooh,
The more I get of you,
Stranger it feels, yeah. *
 
Kagome put her arms around him and held him close. InuYasha was startled by this sudden compassion. Why does he deserve this since he murdered people? But, it felt nice to him.
 
“Why?” he asked.
 
“Why what?” responded Kagome.

*And now that your rose is in bloom. *
 
“Why do you hold me like this? Do you know what I have done?” he questioned.

*A light hits the gloom on the grave. *
“Yes, I do know what you almost did and what you have done. I know it's not your fault and I know that you would never have done that. Even Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and Kaede knows that,” answered Kagome.
 
InuYasha finally looked at her in wonder. How can she forgive him so easily? Only his mother would have forgiven him so easily. The other villages he raided when an incident like this happens, the villagers and Kikyo would take a long time to forgive and forget.

*There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.*
 
That's when he realized that he had someone by his side that wasn't like any other. He has a woman who had a heart, a loving heart. Why didn't he see it before?

*You remain,
My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.*
 
No wonder that his heart was always torn whenever Kagome went to her time and when a demon kidnaps her, especially from Koga.
 
`Koga,' he growled in his mind.
 
He was, could it be, in love?
 
*Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?*
 
`Can being in love be true? Can being in love endanger our quest?' he thought.

*But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.*
 
But every time he sees her come though the well, every time he sees those doe eyes light up when he rescues her, and every time he sees her smile, his heart melts like when an ice cube is melting slowly over a flickering flame

*Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.*
 
“Look InuYasha, I'll be there for you whenever that happens again because I know its not who you are. I promised that I will always be by your side and I won't betray that pledge. If you die, I'll die with you so you won't be alone when you are in either Heaven or Hell,” vowed Kagome.
 
That vow made InuYasha's eyes wider.

*Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom.*
 
“Why, why make a promise like that?” he asked.
“Because, because…” Kagome trailed off. She took a deep breath for courage and kissed InuYasha with passion.
 
*A light hits the gloom on the grave,
I've been kissed by a rose on the grave,
I've been kissed by a rose
I've been kissed by a rose on the grave,
...And if I should fall along the way
I've been kissed by a rose
...been kissed by a rose on the grave.*
 
She pulled back. “Because I love you InuYasha. Even when you are in your demon form, I still love you. That's why I kissed you so you could be reassured that everything is all right. I would do it again in a heartbeat if that happened again, if need be.”

*There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.*
 
`I love you too Kagome, but can I trust my feelings?' thought InuYasha.

*You remain
My power, my pleasure, my pain.*
 
But he knew that he could. He now knew that she is the anchor when his wild side becomes loose. She is the strength he needs when he battles. She is the light to his dark side and knows that she could always tame it back to its corner.

*To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, yeah
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby.*
 
“Kagome, I, I, I…” stuttered InuYasha. He blushed. He never had done this in fifty years. Well, he sort of told Kikyo, in a way, even though they did have an intimate moment once, but that was different. This was real; he knew that. All he needed to do was get the courage to tell her.

*But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.*
 
“Kagome, there's something I need to tell you,” said InuYasha.
 
“I'm listening InuYasha,” said Kagome. She laid a hand on his knee and squeezed it for assurance that she is listening.
*Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.*
 
“Kagome, you are the light to my dark side. You always put it back to its place when it becomes loose from its cage…

*Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the grave.*
 
“…You always give me strength when I most need it. What I am trying to say is, I love you too Kagome. I love you with all my heart and soul, with every breath I take. That is how much I love you Kagome. Thank you, thank you for being my anchor,” said InuYasha.

*Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray
Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah*
 
Kagome smiled and a happy tear went down her cheek. InuYasha placed his hand on her check and used his thumb to wipe it away. He leaned closer and captured her lips for a kiss.
 
“Your welcome InuYasha,” whispered Kagome when they pulled apart. InuYasha smirked and went in for another kiss.
 
Now he felt well assured that whenever his dark side consumes him, his light would always come and save him.

*And now that your rose is in bloom
A light hits the gloom on the grave
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the grave*