InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Be the Girl ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Be the Girl,” by Aslyn
 
*You look at me
Curious what I'm made of*
 
`Why can't he just see admit that he loves me. It's obvious that he does since he looks at me all the time with those lustful eyes,' thought Kagome as she sat from the fire across InuYasha.
*Sugar or steam
And what kind of man I love*
 
Everything that Kagome is is what she wanted in a man. She can't stand ignorant and arrogant men. Even though InuYasha is like that, she can't help but fall head over heels for him.
*What I believe
What I know and what I crave*
 
Kagome sighed and decided to go to sleep. She stood up and walked towards her sleeping bag. She could feel InuYasha still staring at her. Then she remembered what happened not that long ago:
 
~*~
Kagome and InuYasha were alone while Sango, Miroku, and Shippo went to gather firewood.
 
“InuYasha, I have something to tell you. I love you,” Kagome blurted out.
 
InuYasha froze. “Do you feel the same?” she asked. InuYasha didn't reply. Kagome waited for a few minutes and sighed and walked away.
*~*

*All my pet peeves
Where I've shed and when I stain
Do you know*
 
`InuYasha, why can't you just admit that we belong together,' thought Kagome as she dozed off.
 
In the morning, before everyone woke up, Kagome packed up her things and left to go to her time. She won't stay around forever, waiting for him to fess up and tell her how he feels.
 
`Maybe he just looks at me because I look like her. Yeah, that's probably it,' she thought. She put on her yellow book bag and went to the well.
 
When she arrived, she hopped down and was in her time.

*Cause I'm not here to be around
And be that girl that you forget about*
 
Kagome softly landed on the ground and climbed up the rope ladder. When she was at the top, she jumped off of the lip of the well.
 
“Yes, I won't wait until he tells me how he feels. Even though I promised to be at your side forever, I just can't stand waiting,” she said.
 
Then, she thought, `He'll probably forget about me once the quest is done and over with. Why couldn't he just say something?'
*Cause all I want is just to be a song
That you can feel longer than just right now*
 
Kagome arrived at her room and flopped onto her bed. She turned on her radio and listened to a song that just about started when she put it on. It sort of reminded her about her present position. If only she could let InuYasha listen to it, maybe he would get the hint of how she was feeling.

*So come on baby let me be the girl
That you can count on to rock your world*
 
After two years of traveling with the hanyou, she knew that he was the one to give away her virginity.

*And then you'll see there's so much more than curves
And then you'll see that you and me belong*
 
`Does he even trust his own feelings?' Kagome asked to herself. If he just tells her, then he'll see that they belong together.

*Do you know my vice
And how to get under my skin*
 
`Maybe he is showing his feelings, a little, when he always yells at me when I want to go to the back to my own time. That does get on my nerves and people do say that when people get on your nerves, means that they like you,' Kagome thought.

*Just what I like
And where I want you to begin*
 
Kagome rolled onto her stomach and hugged her pillow. “I like the way he tries to cheer me up when I cry and when he gave me his shirt when I was sneezing when it was raining.” She sighed more deeply at the memory.

*Do you know my middle name
And where I'm sensitive the most*
 
Kagome started to think what InuYasha might not know about her. “Does he know my middle name? Does he know where I am ticklish? Does he know how much that silence made me feel stupid?” Kagome questioned.

*That each night I pray
And do you think I fit that mold
Do you know*
 
The girl stared at the window and saw birds flying around. “Maybe I don't fit what he wants, am I?” asked Kagome. Kagome started to think about herself in a negative way.

*Cause I'm not here to be around
And be that girl that you forget about*
 
Kagome shook her head to get rid of what she was thinking. Kagome stood up and walked to her full body mirror. “Know what, I don't need him! Nope! I am my own woman. I can just brush it off and still travel with him and act like it never happened,” she declared.
 
She grabbed her bag and went back to the well to go to the era where her friends were.

*Cause all I want is just to be a song
That you can feel longer than just right now*
 
Kagome was in the Feudal Era and she climbed up. When she was out, she met two amber eyes glaring into her brown eyes. She heard a growl rumbling in his throat. She knew she was going to be in trouble.

*So come on baby let me be the girl
That you can count on to rock your world*
 
“Where were you? We got scared! We thought you were captured by a demon or something. The least you could do was tell one of us where you were going!” yelled InuYasha.
 
“Oh! Like I was going to tell you that I was going back to my time. You would try to stop me, don't deny it! I had to think about what happened yesterday. Now, can we go back to the village?” said Kagome.
 
Kagome started to stomp off when she was held back by a strong grip.

*And then you'll see there's so much more than curves
And then you'll see that you and me belong*
 
“I'm sorry, I was just shocked at what you said,” InuYasha told Kagome.
 
Kagome turned her head away, “That didn't mean that you had to just stand there forever in silence and make me feel stupid.” InuYasha cringed at the tone she was using at him.

*You and me belong
You and me belong*
 
“I told you I loved you. Now, I am not sure if I want to take back what I said or not, but I am not going to stand around and wait forever for your answer. Maybe you looked at me lustfully because I look like Kikyo, I don't know. Now, I want to just be here to finish off finding the shards and then I'll be gone so I won't feel sorry for what I said,” she hissed.

*Cause I'm not here to be around
And be that girl that you forget about*
 
InuYasha didn't say anything; he was letting the words Kagome sink in. Is this what she was feeling? Kagome made a `psh' and twisted herself out of the hanyou's grip.
 
“Typical,” she muttered and started walking to Kaede's village.

*Cause all I want is just to be a song
That you can feel longer than just right now*
 
Kagome arrived at the village and InuYasha arrived a few minutes later. There was silence hanging between them. Kaede, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were just looking at each other, scared to break it. They could feel Kagome's anger coming off of her. They could feel the tension from InuYasha; cause even he was scared to break the silence.

*So come on baby, let me be the girl
That you can count on to rock your world*
 
Kagome was looking at InuYasha. She didn't want to be in the same room as him, so she stood up and left.
 
“So, my dear friend, what happened between you and Lady Kagome?” asked Miroku.
 
InuYasha just glared at him,” Nothing that concerns you, monk.” Miroku just chuckled.
 
“Well, whatever happened, go to her and fix it,” said the demon slayer, Sango.
 
InuYasha stood up and left to follow the Miko.
 
*And then you'll see there's so much than curves
And then you'll see that you and me belong*
 
InuYasha followed the girl's scent. He found her by the God Tree. He knelt by her and kissed her. Kagome was instantly melted in his embrace. She returned the kiss with passion.
 
They pulled apart and InuYasha told her, “I was an idiot not to tell you that I feel the same. I love you, I truly do. I don't care about Kikyo. I was looking at you, admiring your beauty and grace.”
 
Kagome started to cry happy tears and kissed him hard and knocked him onto his back.

*You and me belong
You and me belong*