InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Broken ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Broken,” by Seether featuring Amy Lee.
 
A/N: This is the sequel to “Scars.” I thought it should deserve one, in a way. I hope you'll enjoy!!!
 
 
*I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away*
 
How long as it been exactly since that fateful day that Kagome murdered the only person she loved? Seven years? She is a twenty-three year old woman, living in an apartment that was a five-minute walk away from her old shrine home. The place where memories of her young self still lingered; the place where InuYasha would always come and drag her back to the Warring States.
 
Kagome smiled, she walked outside of her apartment building and started to walk to the shrine. Today was the fifth year anniversary of her escaping the clutches of InuYasha's demon form.
 
Despite the past, Kagome was still hurting inside. She still felt InuYasha scratching her and “making love” to her. She still remembered the feeling him throwing her around since she always refused to do his bidding.
*I keep your photograph; I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain*
 
Kagome opened her pocket book while she was walking up the steps. She took the wallet and opened to the section where it held pictures. Before the whole incident, she took a picture of InuYasha. She smiled. He was looking like his smug self. She could practically see him going `keh.'
 
Kagome looked around the shrine grounds. It was empty, deserted. Her grandfather died two years after she returned. He passed away from a rare disease. Her mother couldn't handle all the work, so they moved to a smaller home. So, they abandoned it. Kagome visited it everyday.
 
The girl stopped in front of the God Tree. More memories flooded her head. She shook her head and went straight to the well. When she arrived, she jumped into and was surrounded by the all too familiar blue light.
 
She was in the Feudal Era; her old second home.

*`Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away*
 
She breathed in the familiar smell of fresh air, not polluted air like in her own time. She started to walk towards the burial site of InuYasha. To be precise, it was the site where her old home was before she burnt it down along with InuYasha in it. Nothing much has changed. That's the way she liked it.
 
Kagome knelt at the scene and her heart dropped. She felt lost without him and lonely. She took out the Shikon no Tama from her purse and held it flat on her hand.

*You've gone away, you don't feel me anymore*
 
InuYasha looked down from the heavens and saw the girl with the Jewel glowing in her hand. She always went to the same spot once a year. It was the spot where she killed him because the monster he was was controllable.
 
He still loved her, that's for sure. The day where he became a full demon, it really wasn't what he wanted. His demon side took control of him and put those words in his mouth. He couldn't stop it; it was too strong for him. InuYasha was glad at what Kagome did.


*The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away*
 
Kagome breathed out slowly. That was seven years ago. It was seven years without him and her friends. She still had Koga, Sesshomaru, and Kaede.
 
`Well, mark out Sesshomaru,' she thought.
 
Kagome remembered how InuYasha made her better when she was sick, He came to her time and made her medicine. He stayed by her side all night, making sure she would be okay. Kagome grinned as a tear escaped from her eyes.
 
“InuYasha, InuYasha I miss you so much! I wish this damn Jewel never existed so none of this would happen,” she cried. More tears came out of her eyes. She didn't bother to wipe them away. She felt weak and helpless. She needed InuYasha's strength. She needed him to be by her side.
*There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain*
 
InuYasha's heart dropped. He hated to see her cry, especially over him. Well, he felt the same way, except he is in a different position. He can see her, but she can't see him.
 
He never wanted to have her feel miserable. He wanted to tell her this, but how can he? He wants to hold her tight, to tell her that everything is okay and that there's nothing to be gloomy about. He wanted to kiss her, so she will know that he loves her and tells her that he will always be watching out for her.

*`Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough*
 
Kagome sniffed and her puffy eyes looked around her surroundings. She felt a cool breeze began to pick up. Her miko powers kicked up and she could feel something paranormal was coming closer to her. She was getting scared. Even though she is pretty powerful, she wished that InuYasha were here to protect her, if it's an evil, strong demon.
*`Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away*
 
She felt a warm, comforting gust of wind, blowing around her, making her hair fly lightly. She felt no evil presences. She felt a good presence and she knew it wouldn't attack her. But the feeling was something she hadn't felt in seven years. It was so familiar. She couldn't place her finger on it, but something in the back of her head was triggering a memory.
 
“Inu…Inu…InuYasha? Are you here?” she whispered. She was looking around, but didn't see anything. Then, she felt someone standing behind her. Kagome turned around and her eyes couldn't believe what she saw.

*`Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough*
 
It was InuYasha, except he wasn't in the flesh. He was transparent, see-through. Kagome outstretched her hand and it went right through.
 
“InuYasha, why aren't you in your human form?” she asked him.
 
“My demon half went to hell when you killed it with the blade with demon poison. It did something it shouldn't. Since my human self didn't do anything bad, it went to heaven. That's why I am in this form. There is no more hanyou InuYasha,” InuYasha explained.
 
Kagome started to break down. She plopped onto her knees and started to cry heavily.
 
“I am sorry, I am so sorry,” she choked out.
*`Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away*
 
“Why are you sorry? I am glad at what you did. The demon InuYasha would have destroyed more villages and murder more people. It might have even killed you. I would probably couldn't stop him even if I tried,” said InuYasha. He smiled warmly to her.
 
Kagome wished that he could hold her and comfort her, like he used to do. She wished she could feel his warm touch. She wished that she could kiss him; she never had the chance.
 
InuYasha started to fade away. Kagome started to panic.
 
“InuYasha, wait! I want to tell you something; I love you!” she shouted.
 
InuYasha smiled. “I love you too Kagome. I will always watch over you.” Then, he vanished.

*`Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone*
 
Kagome looked at empty air. Did she just see what she just saw? Was it really InuYasha? She felt a cool touch across her face. Kagome smiled, it was he.
 
She started to head back towards the well. She looked around. It will be another year until the next anniversary; another year until she visits the Warring States.
 
InuYasha's words repeated through her mind. “I love you too Kagome. I will always watch over you.”
 
Kagome grinned. Then, she jumped into the well. She did wish that she wasn't alone in the world, but at least she knows that InuYasha would always look after her. It didn't feel the same, but she thinks she can go through it.
 
Then she realized. What he said was over five hundred years ago! She walked out of the well house and saw a man standing there with long black hair. He had on blue jeans with a red t-shirt and a chain necklace.
 
“May I help you?” she asked.
 
The man turned around. “I heard a lot of history about the Higurashi Shrine. I thought I would come here and hear about it. Oh, my name is Ian,” said Ian.
 
Kagome knew that it was InuYasha, the reincarnation of InuYasha. She could tell by the presence of him.
 
`Well InuYasha, I guess you are watching over me, in a way,' she thought.
 
“Let me tell you about it, I used to live here,” she told him. She led him into the well and told the history of the Higurashi Shrine.

*You've gone away, you don't feel me anymore-*