InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own,” by U2
 
 
*Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough*
Miroku was watching Sango, along with the rest of the gang, beating up a demon. It had a Jewel shard inside of it and they knew it must be one of Naraku's puppets. Their eyes were bulging out of their sockets. This was not normal Sango fighting. Something was going on with their friend.
 
When the demon slayer threw her boomerang bone, it was the end of the fight. The demon fell to its death and Kagome walked to where the shard was laying. She picked it up and it was purified.
 
Sango walked past her friends. No one said a word. They could feel that she was not in the mood for talking. But Miroku was concerned for her.

*You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right*
 
Kagome, InuYasha, and Shippo set up camp. Miroku slipped away, trying to find the woman he fell in love with. He eventually found her. He should have realized that she was at a hot spring. He observed her face. It seemed to him that she has been crying, but what for? Why was she crying?
*Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight*
 
He walked to the hot spring and was behind her. It was strange to him that she didn't react to his approach. She is very keen about her surroundings. Now he really knew that something was going on.
 
Miroku took a deep breath and prayed to the kamis for courage. “Sango?”
 
Sango turned around with red, puffy eyes. Miroku's heart dropped. He never saw her like this before.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked her.

*Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone*
 
Sango didn't feel modest or embarrassed. She knew that Miroku was concerned about her. Also, she didn't have the strength to do anything.
 
“It's the one year anniversary of my father and villagers death. Also the one year anniversary when Kohaku became Naraku's pawn,” Sango answered.

*And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own*
 
Miroku gaped. He walked closer to her and removed his sandals when he was on the edge of the hot spring. He picked up his robes and dipped his feet in when he sat down on the ground. Sango swam closer to him and hugged his legs. She started to cry and Miroku laid a hand on her head. He could see her body starting to shake; she was crying. And for once in his life, Miroku wasn't thinking perverted to a girl he is seeing naked.

*We fight all the time
You and I...that's alright*
 
Miroku was starting to coo her, telling her that it's all right to cry, telling her that he is right here with her.
*We're the same soul
I don't need...I don't need to hear you say*
 
Sango was crying her pain and anguish out. She was glad that Miroku was here with her. It was easier to talk to him about certain things, she doesn't know why. Maybe it's that Naraku plagued both their families and lives, in the same way, but yet different. She didn't mind having the monk see her bareness. She knew that he isn't here for that. He was here to console her.
*That if we weren't so alike
You'd like me a whole lot more*
 
“You know Lord Monk, I am glad you are here with me,” said Sango.
 
Miroku started to feel warmth rising in his face. “Why is that?”
 
“We are the same. Naraku played with our lives and it involved our family. If we weren't so alike…I don't want to think about it,” said Sango. She turned her eyes up to see his face. It was strained. Perhaps he was trying not to cry or make an outburst.

*Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone*
 
“Sango, I see why you are upset that it's the one year anniversary of their death, but you know you are not alone. You have Kagome, InuYasha, Shippo, Kirara, and myself. Don't take all the punches by yourself. Naraku played with the other's lives. You are in a team and we all take the punches together,” said Miroku.

*And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own*
 
The demon slayer let go of his legs and hopped up to sit next to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist. She kissed his cheek and nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck.
 
“Thank you,” she whispered.

*I know that we don't talk
I'm sick of it all*
 
Sango was starting to see past Miroku's lecherous ways. She could see his compassion and empathy. She was impressed that he can carry himself out a long time without groping her. She had to give him credit; she had fallen in love with him.
 
They sat in silence. The man and woman had nothing else to say. No words were needed what they were feeling for each other. Little by little, they got to know each other more along the year they have been together.
 
“But that doesn't change anything,” Sango said, breaking the silence.
 
What she didn't know was that he was straining not to grope her, to tell the truth.

*Can - you - hear - me - when - I -
Sing, you're the reason I sing
You're the reason why the opera is in me...*
 
“But…I do appreciate that you and everyone else are with me, no matter what the cause will be. It's just that I need to do this myself,” she told him as she kissed his hand. She slid back down into the steaming hot spring.

*Where are we now?
I've got to let you know*
 
Miroku looked shocked at what he told him. He supposed that Sango couldn't let go of the grudge she had created against Naraku. She was stubborn, that's for sure, but he still loves her, he realized, no matter what.

*A house still doesn't make a home
Don't leave me here alone...*
 
Miroku stood up and brushed his robes. He stood there for a while, looking at her. She seemed so, he didn't know, alone? Distressed?
 
`Don't leave me here like this Sango. Don't be like this; you are stronger like that. You are a warrior,' Miroku thought.

*And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you that makes it hard to let go*
 
Sango could feel the monk still there, watching her. She could feel his pitiful eyes staring down at her.
 
“Leave monk, I want to be alone,” she ordered him.

*Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Sometimes you can't make it*
 
Before he left, he said, “I love you Sango. Remember that your friends are always there for you. I hope you will remember that before the final battle, what fate will tell us what our destiny is, you will see what I mean. Just at least show our friends that you are all right, even if you're not. They are concerned about you. Good night and I'll see you back at camp.”
 
He bowed and left. Sango was still in the hot spring, not saying anything or thinking. She was still and then went out. She put on her clothes and walked back to camp. Everyone asked if she was all right. She smiled and said she was. Only one person saw through it.

*The best you can do is to fake it
Sometimes you can't make it on your own*
 
 
 
A/N: I have another one shot and it is in the “Spirited Away” section and is rated NC-17. Go check it out and review it!!!