InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ I Could Fall in Love ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Upon request, I am doing a Kurama/Kagome crossover (my first one) one-shot. This is also Alternate Universe. I hope you enjoy!
 
“I Could Fall in Love,” by Selena ( I LOVE this song!!!)
 
 
*I could lose my heart tonight
If you don't turn and walk away*
 
Kagome looked at Kurama from across the room. They've been friends for an awfully long time. She remembers. She was five years old when they moved into the empty house next to his house. He and his mom introduced themselves. He was seven at the time.
 
Now she is fifteen and he seventeen. It's been a decade since they've been friends. Slowly over time, Kagome began to fall in love with the ruby haired, emerald-eyed man.
 
*'Cause the way I feel I might
Lose control and let you stay*
 
Kurama met her gaze and she snapped her head back to the teacher talking. He smiled. He had no idea how long she had been there for him. She always gave him advice when he had problems with his previous girlfriends. But he never remembered her having a boyfriend, why was that?
 
*'Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go*
 
After school ended and they were in their rooms, Kagome gazed through her window. Her window was across from Kurama's. She was looking at him doing his homework.
 
The way his red hair fell over his left shoulder and how his eyes were focusing on his work made her mouth curl into a smile. Kagome closed her eyes and just imagined her rubbing her hands down his chest while he was working. Damn she loved him. Damn, she fell in love with her best friend.
 
*I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you*
 
Kurama saw Kagome looking at hi and waved, the girl waved back. She stood up and walked out of her room. She went down the stairs and out the door. Kagome walked to a big tree that had a tire swing. She sat in the hole and started to swing her legs, making the tire move back and forth.
 
She saw Kurama walk from the back door and walked to her. He stopped next to her.
 
“Beautiful night, isn't it?” he asked.
 
“Yeah,” she replied.
 
*I could only wonder how
Touching you would make me feel*
 
There was an awkward silence. Kagome was praying that he would just grab her from the swing and hold her and kiss down her neck. But that never happened. Kurama was with a girl named Botan. He really loved her. Kagome never saw him so in love.
 
*But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still?*
 
Kurama was looking at her; he could see that she was battling some emotions.
 
“What's wrong Kagome?” he asked her with concern in his voice.
 
“N-n-nothing, I was just thinking about something,” she replied.
 
“You sure?” he said.
 
Kagome nodded. She was in fact wishing that she could just grab him and kiss his luscious mouth. She wanted to rub her hands in his hair and drown into his eyes of green. If she did just that, what would he think of her?
 
*So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know*
 
But she couldn't do that to him, he was with someone. It would be wrong to do that. But to her, it would be wrong to deny her heart's want and need. It was her want to be with him, her need to hold him. But she can't do that. For now, she would have to put a leash and hide her love for him.
 
*I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you*
 
*And I know it's not right
And I guess I should try to do what I should do*
 
“So, you're graduating this year. What are you going to do with Botan?” asked Kagome, sort of afraid what the answer would be.
 
“I think I would want to marry her. She's so wonderful Kagome, I am not sure what I would do without her,” he answered.
 
There was a moment of silence and Kurama heard a sniff. “That's wonderful, I hope she will marry you and have you both be very happy.”
 
*But I could fall in love
Fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you*
 
“Thanks Kagome. Well, I think I should go back to my room and finish my homework, catch ya later!” he said and walked back into his house, leaving Kagome alone in the swing.
 
`Damnit, why did I have to fall in love with him, why? I am only hurting myself not telling him, but I can't,' she thought.
 
*Siempre estoy soñada en ti
Besandos mis labios, acariciando mi piel
Abrazadome con ansias locas
Imaginando que me amos
Cómo yo podia amar a ti*
 
Kagome trudged back into he room and trekked back into her room. She saw Kurama doing his work and closed the curtains. She flopped onto her bed and started to cry. He might marry Botan, what the hell? She felt a pang of jealousy hit in her chest. She should feel happy for them, but she isn't.
 
*So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know*
 
`I should just let this feeling dissolve and go on with my life,' she thought. She went to her nightstand that was next to her bed and pulled out a photo album from the drawer. She opened it and started to look through it.
 
There were pictures of her and Kurama since the first day they met to where they are now. It was amazing how much they grew up and matured. It was also amazing how strong her love for him grew. It was going to be hard to let it all go.
 
*I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you*
 
Kagome walked from her bed and went to her window. She peeked through it and saw that he fell asleep at the desk, his head on his homework. He was so peaceful sleeping. She wished that she cold be in Botan's position. She would kill to have him in bed with her, looking at him slumbering.
 
*I could fall in love
I could fall in love*
 
Kagome sighed and walked back to bed. She went under the covers and curled her body into a ball and stared at the wall. She fell in love, with a man she could never have as a boyfriend or husband, but just only as a best friend. Deep inside, it wasn't enough; she wanted more.
 
She turned her body so she was looking at the window.
 
“I'm in love with you Kurama,” she whispered and kept looking at the window until she fell asleep.
 
*With you...*