InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Cinderella ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Cinderella,” by The Cheetah Girls from the Disney movie `The Cheetah Girls'
 
 
*When I was just a little girl
My momma used to tuck me into bed
and she'd read me a story*
 
It was another day in the Feudal Era. Kagome sighed and stretched out her limbs as she walked with her companions. She had been with them for a year.
 
She was thinking about her past. Particularly when her mother would tuck her into bed tell her a fairy tale about a girl named Cinderella.
 
“Hey Kagome! Are you alive back there?” called InuYasha.
 
“Huh, what? Oh, yeah. Sorry, InuYasha,” said Kagome. InuYasha nodded and turned his attention back to where they were going.

*It always was about a Princess in distress
And how a guy would save her and end up with the glory*
 
All of a sudden, InuYasha laid a hand on the hilt of his sword and Kirara hissed. Miroku immediately took out some sacred sutras, Sango raised her boomerang above her head and Shippo went to hide in the bushes. Kagome's sensed danger coming.

*I'd lie in bed and think about the person that I want to be*
 
Naraku appeared. Kagome's heart started to speed up and goose bumps popped up on her skin. Something told her that this could be their final confrontation with Naraku.
 
“Looking for me?” Naraku asked smirking.
 
“Yeah, thanks for saving us the trip Naraku,” said InuYasha as he unsheathed his sword. It was completely transformed already.
 
No one could sense that a demon was creeping behind Kagome. It was Kagura. The wind sorceress laid her hand on Kagome's mouth and lifted her away on her feather.
 
“Die Naraku!” yelled InuYasha as he unleashed the Wind Scar. As soon as it hit the evil half-demon, a puppet appeared.
 
“Shit,” he murmured, sheathing his sword.
 
“…Where's Kagome?” asked Sango. She was about to ask Kagome if she was all right, only to find that she wasn't behind them.
 
InuYasha's eyes widened. “Damn it all!”

*Then one day I realized the fairy tale life wasn't for me*
 
***
 
Kagome could tell where they were headed…Naraku's castle. She struggled in Kagura's grasp. The demon just chuckled and let the human try to writhe free.
 
`Come on Kagome, you have to get yourself free,' she thought.
 
“Struggle all you want, you can't escape,” said Kagura.
 
“I won't ever give up!” shouted Kagome and she kept going on it. Kagura just sighed.

*I don't wanna be like Cinderella
Sittin' in a dark cold dusty cellar*

They arrived and Kagura walked Kagome into an old, moldy cellar. Kagura held Kagome's left wrist firmly and locked it before doing the same to the other hand.
 
“Naraku will see you soon,” Kagura said. Kagome hacked up a spit and spat it at the demon that was walking away. Kagura became furious and scratched Kagome on her right cheek.
 
“Don't act so cute,” she seethed, walked away.
 
Two hours passed before Naraku came to see her.
 
“What do you want with me?” she demanded.
 
“Tsk, tsk, so impatient,” Naraku taunted. “Well, to answer your question, I want to get rid of you. You have purity powers that I cannot allow when I am looking for jewel shards. Since I did kill Kikyo, I can kill you.”
 
Kagome didn't answer. She felt her body getting cold. Kill her? She couldn't die yet!
 
“I won't kill you now. I am going to kill you when your friends arrive. So, enjoy the rest of your life,” said Naraku evilly.
 
*Waiting for somebody, to come and set me free
I don't wanna be like someone waiting*

Kagura entered the room with Kanna. The little white demon held up her mirror. “They're here,” she said in her monotone, emotionless voice.
 
Naraku chuckled. “I guess I spoke too soon.”
 
Kagome and the demons watched the mirror as her friends fought the demons that were blocking their way to the castle. Kagome watched as her friends were thrown back. She started to feel that her friends wouldn't make it.
 
But…she didn't really want them to save her. She was always the damsel in distress. Sango wasn't like that and Kikyo wasn't like that, so why her?
 
“I won't be the damsel in distress anymore!” she shouted with her eyes closed tightly.
 
*For a handsome prince to come and save me
Oh I will survive, unless somebody's by my side*

Naraku and Kagura turned around and saw pastel light surrounding her. The light crushed the chains that were around her wrists. She rubbed her sore wrists.
 
She took another peek at the mirror and saw that her friends defeated the demons and that they were now on their way to where she was.
 
*Don't wanna be no no no one else
I'd rather rescue myself*
 
“So, you want to kill me? Try it! Now!” she shouted. The pastel lights blazed brighter.
 
“So determined? Well, then, as you wish.”
 
Naraku floated in midair in his bubble and sent evil waves throughout the room. Kagome wasn't affected. The black miasma went over and around her aura. Kagome smirked at Naraku's scowl.
 
Kagome reached for her bow and arrows that she took with her when she was kidnapped. The two demons could see that it had more sacred power than ever before. When she released her arrow, Naraku and Kagura dodged it.
 
`This is no battle for me to be a part of. The only way I'll ever be free from Naraku's grasp is if Kagome defeats him,' thought Kagura. She rushed out of the room.
 
InuYasha, Miroku, and Sango just entered the room when Kagura ran out. Then they saw why. Two powerful auras were in the air. Black and white auras filled the room.

*Someday I'm gonna find someone who wants my soul, heart, and mind*

The three were standing there with their eyes wide open. Did they dare to interfere?
 
InuYasha was getting anxious. Kagome could get hurt or worse…die. He would never forgive himself if that was to happen.

*Who's not afraid to show that he loves me*
 
“So my dear miko, your friends have shown up, should they save you now?” sneered Naraku.
 
“I can defend myself!” snapped Kagome. She lifted another arrow and set it free. It was faster than the first one. It pierced through Naraku's barrier and clipped the sleeve of his shirt.
 
Naraku growled. He started to swing his right arm around and above his head, over and over, creating shrieking air. The wind made an arrow that was directed at Kagome.
 
“Kagome! Get out of there!” cried InuYasha. Before he ran to her, Sango and Miroku held him back.
 
“What are you doing? She is going to get killed!” he growled.
 
“Leave her be, she'll be fine. She is trying to prove to herself that she can battle just as well as any of us,” explained Miroku.
 
InuYasha stopped struggling. Then he whispered, “Kagome...”

*Somebody who will understand I'm happy just the way I am
Don't need nobody taking care of me*

When Naraku stopped swinging his arm, the arrow was released. Kagome lifted a hand, creating a shield. When the arrow hit the shield, electric sparks flew everywhere. The force blew her hair around. Her three companions had to block their faces with their arms so that the debris wouldn't hit them.
 
The attack died down. Naraku howled with rage. He grew tentacles and had them go full force at her. Instead of using her bow and arrows, she used her hands and speed. She had studied her friends' battling techniques and practiced her own skills while she was in her own era.
 
Every time her hands touched a tentacle, her purity powers burned them.

*I will be there for him just as strong as he will be there for me*
 
“Enough! Just die! Die like Kikyo!” howled Naraku.
 
Kagome chuckled. “I am not like Kikyo. I may be her reincarnation, but I am nothing like her. But I will avenge her. I will kill you for her. But that is only half of my goal. The other half is to prove to myself that I am strong and I am more than a damsel in distress. That was the past and I am going to start the future now. Me die? No! That will be you!”
 
`I am also going to prove InuYasha that I can be as strong as him since he has always been there for me,' thought Kagome.
 
*When I give myself then it has to got to be, an equal thing*
 
Kagome started to focus all of the power she had inside of her and started running at him.
 
“So, you are eager to die anyways. Well then, have a peaceful nightmare - ” Naraku was interrupted when he felt a burning feeling on both sides of his head.
 
Kagome placed her hands on both of his head. She had her purity powers flowing out of her hands and into his head.
 
Naraku was screaming bloody murder. It sent chills down InuYasha, Sango, and Miroku's spine. It was the most chilling thing they had ever heard.
 
Naraku started to smoke and his body disintegrating. Kagome's stamina started to weaken.
 
`I have got to…keep going. I will not lose to him.' With that thought, Kagome was able to find the strength to finish Naraku. He was no more than a heart.
 
“He still has a heart? Hmm, I should purify it just in case,” mumbled Kagome, as she laid a hand on it. It immediately turned into dust.

*I can slay, my own dragons
I can dream, my own dreams*

Kagome sighed and dropped onto her knees. She was about to fall onto her face when she felt arms around her waist.
 
“Kagome, Kagome you did it. I am so proud of you. I love you even more,” InuYasha whispered in her ear.
 
“You, you love me?”
 
“Yes, I do. I was terrified when I saw you battling Naraku. I thought you were going to die, but you proved me wrong. You have proven yourself to be a warrior like the rest of us,” said InuYasha.
 
“Yes Kagome, now we don't have to worry about you anymore!” said Sango with a smile.
 
Kagome grinned back and fell asleep in InuYasha's arms. No matter what, she always felt safe in his arms.
 
"She's asleep," said Sango.
 
"Yeah, she deserves it," answered Inuyasha.
 
*My knight in shining armor is me
So I'm gonna set me free*
 
**Thank you Angel_4_life for your editing.