InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Getting Tired ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Rin peddled fast down the road. Tears were streaming down her face. She couldn't stand it anymore, living with her mother and her mother's boyfriend. All they did was make her do everything around the house. They never did anything. Mostly her mother's boyfriend didn't do anything except sitting around the house and playing around with his antique cars.
 
She was going to her best friend's house ever since she moved into town. His name was Souta. She met him since she entered the middle school in the eighth grade. He had honey-brown hair and soft green eyes. The way he smiled made her feel fluttery inside like she would fly. Rin needed him. Not over the phone, just to be with him.
 
Before she left, she looked over the Internet to get directions. Then she wrote them down. Next she grabbed some clothes and stuffed them in her backpack. When no one was looking, she slinked to the garage and grabbed her bike. She opened the door and started peddling like she never peddled before.
 
Rin would glance at the directions and then focused on the road and cars. Then it started to rain.
 
`Shit! I hope my bike won't slip or anything,' she thought.
 
Rin glanced at the paper once again. She made a left turn on the road he lived on. She started gasp. Rin was peddling for half at her house to where he lived.
 
Rin went up the driveway and she hopped off her bike. The rain started to go down faster. Rin walked to the door and rang the doorbell. She waited a few seconds and the door opened.
 
“Rin?”
 
“Souta!”
 
She ran to his arms and started to cry. Souta wrapped his arms around her soaked body and closed the door.
 
“Souta, who's at the door?” asked a voice.
 
“Uh, no one. I think it was a prank,” Souta lied. He had a hunch that it wasn't the time to have his family know that she was here, even though this was her first time at the house.
 
He led her to his bedroom. Along the way, he went to the hallway closet and grabbed a couple towels.
 
Souta opened the door and she entered the room. Rin looked around. To the left of the room there was a window with light blue curtains. On the right of the window was a full bed with navy blanket with two pillows. All over the walls were motocross posters and a few car posters.
 
“Come, sit down,” he said, motioning her to his bed.
 
Rin sat down and started drying her shoulder length black hair. She sighed when she was done and Souta wrapped a towel around her.
 
“Well, what happened?” he asked her with concern in his eyes.
 
Rin looked down. “I'm getting tired, of everything. I feel so depressed. They make me feel like crap and know how to piss me off. They never help me with anything and make me do everything. It is almost like they are treating me like their slave. My mom always side with Ronin, her idiotic boyfriend. He was such a nice guy when I met him and now, that I live with him; he's a total ass. I am getting tired of everything, getting so sick of it!”
 
She fell back on his bed. Then there was a knock on the door. Rin's eyes almost popped out. She ran underneath his bed when Souta went to answer his room door.
 
“Is everything OK? I thought I heard another voice, a feminine voice,” said Souta's little sister Kagome.
 
“No, no, I must have my TV on too loud, now go away!” said Souta as he closed the door in her face.
 
Rin crawled out of from under the bed. Then she went back on his bed and sat crossed legged.
 
“Sorry,” she mumbled, “I almost got you into trouble. Maybe I shouldn't have come here.”
 
“No, it's Ok, You need a friend right now, plus you came all this way in the rain,” Souta answered as he sat next to her.
 
Rin laid her head on his shoulder and silent tears went down her face. Souta eyed it and took his free hand and swiped them away.
 
Rin sniffed and pulled her head up. “Do you mind if I sleep on the floor? I don't want to take your bed or anything.”
 
“How about we share the bed?”
 
Rin's face started to warm up, share the bed? She smiled. She can do that.
 
“Um, ok.”
 
Rin went to her backpack and took out her light pink, flannel pajamas. She turned around to say, “Don't look.” Souta faced the wall while she was changing.
 
When she was finished, Souta turned around and went to a drawer of his dresser and took out flannel pajama bottoms. Rin closed her eyes while he was changing. When he was done, Rin went to far side of the bed and Souta laid next to her.
 
Rin closed her eyes, her back facing him and Souta held her. Her eyes snapped open. Then Souta kissed her cheek. Her face started to heat up. Then Souta laid his head on her shoulder.
 
“Um, Souta…”
 
“Shh.”
 
Rin bit her bottom lip. She laid her arms on his and closed her eyes with a smile. She had always wanted to be with him. But she was always too nervous to ask him. Plus he would have a girlfriend. Then she would get extremely jealous, but wouldn't show it.
 
She turned around and she was facing him. His soft green eyes were still open. She touched a cheek and it was smooth. She leaned forward slowly and he leaned forward slowly.
 
Before their lips met, she whispered, “Please make me stop feeling tired of everything.”
 
They kissed.
 
Souta placed his hand on her hip and Rin laid a hand on his shoulder. They tongue wrestled, trying to be the dominant one. Rin won and smiled when they were still kissing.
 
Souta rolled Rin on top of him and held her hips. Rin had her forearms resting on both sides of his head.
 
“Souta?”
 
“Yes Rin?”
 
“I've always loved you.”
 
“I loved you too, but I didn't want to lose our friendship.”
 
“You don't have to worry about that.”
 
“I'll make you stop getting tired of everything. You know I am always here for you.”
 
“I know Souta and thank you.”
 
Souta smiled and took her lips. When they pulled apart, the girl laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes. She started to fall asleep. Souta grabbed a blanket and pulled it over them.
 
Now he knows that their friendship had become more.