InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ Right Here ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Right Here,” by: Staind
 
 
*know I've been mistaken
But just give me a break and see the changes that I've made
I've got some imperfections
But how can you collect them all and throw them in my face*
 
Kagome was sitting on the ground with her back against the God Tree. She sighed. Where is InuYasha? She sighed again…probably with Kikyo.
 
She tilted her head back. It was a clear day, with a few clouds in the sky. Kagome moved her head back down. She lifted her hands and stared at them.
 
True Kagome is Kikyo's reincarnation and doesn't have everything that made Kikyo and still, a beautiful woman. She isn't as powerful either. But she had improved her archery skills…does that count for something?

*But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting
And if you chose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting*
 
But he usually always says that he would be back, even when they thought that Kikyo died in the lava a few months ago. It turned out that her soul collectors saved her. She remembered that InuYasha was trying to find her. That hurt her so much, but he seemed so lost.
 
“But I would always be here for you InuYasha,” she said to herself, “And you would always say that you will be back, that you will always be there for me.”


*I hope you're not intending
To be so condescending it's as much as i can take
and you're so independent
you just refuse to bend so I keep bending till I break*
 
Kagome stood up and started climbing up the tree. Her leg got caught in a small twig and it ripped through the jeans she was wearing. It slightly scrapped her skin. It started to bleed a little, nothing too major.
 
The girl started to remember her first days being in the Feudal Era. InuYasha always compared her to Kikyo and judging her. He still did that sometimes, but it was really rare now.
 
He also usually goes on things by himself. It makes her frustrated. He had her, Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo. Perhaps it's that he was always was by himself for a couple hundred of years.

*But you always find a way to keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting
And if you chose to walk away I'd still be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep you right here waiting*
Kagome was replaying memories and her thoughts that she didn't realize that a certain hanyou was on a branch above hers. He was finishing saying goodbye to Kikyo. The girl below the branch was the most beautiful creature in the world.
 
That's why he always went on his own so she wouldn't get hurt or possibly dies. He remembered when he went looking for Kikyo. He wanted to help her. He owed a lot for the dead priestess cause of Naraku. He sighed. When will they face him off?
 
He inhaled her scent. It smelt like apple blossoms on a warm spring day. One of the many things he adored about her is her wholesome scent. Then he smelt salt. Was she crying? Why?


*I've made a commitment
I'm willing to bleed for you
I needed fulfillment
I found what I need in you*
 
“Kagome?”
 
Kagome looked around her. Then she when she looked straightforward and she yelped. InuYasha was hanging upside down. He had his head cocked and his ears twitched. Kagome giggled. He looked like a cute confused puppy.

InuYasha savored the moment when she giggled. He somehow has the ways to make her laugh when he didn't act like a total idiot.
 
“Kagome, why are you crying?” he asked.
 
Kagome sniffed. “Well, it's just that…I wish you can tell me what's going on. You know that I promised that I would always be by your side. You act like you don't want me by your side anymore. You know that I would do anything for you. I just wish you could confide in me more. Did I do something wrong? Did I make you mad somehow? Am I insignificant to you now?”
*Why can't you just forgive me
I don't want to relive all the mistakes I've made along the way
But I always find a way to keep you right here waiting
I always find the words to say to keep you right here waiting*
 
InuYasha swung down to the branch she was sitting on. He laid a hand on her right cheek and stroked it with his thumb, swiping the tears away. Kagome looked at his face through her blurry eyes. His eyes were filled with empathy.
 
“Kagome, Kagome,” he cooed. “Don't think such things. You can never do any wrong and never make me mad and you're never valueless.”
 
Kagome sniffed. She never knew InuYasha could sound so…so…so compassionate. He was always so rough talking and arrogant. This is kind of nice. It made her feel cherished.
 
“Then why do you act like you appreciate Kikyo more than me?” she asked him, turning her head away.
 
“Appreciate Kikyo more than you? That's ludicrous. I appreciate you more than anything else. I just want to help her, that's all. I love you Kagome,” he told her.
 
Kagome's heart skipped a beat. Did he just tell her that he loves her? Were her ears deceiving her? She looked at him. His face told her that he was telling the truth. She bit her bottom lip. Kagome smiled. She leaned in to kiss him.
 
When they pulled apart, Kagome said, “I love you too InuYasha. I will always be with you.”
 
“And I will always be by your side too Kagome.”

*But you always find a way
To keep me right here waiting
You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting
And if I chose to walk away would you be right here waiting
Searching for the things to say to keep me right here waiting*