InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only When It Rains ❯ A Kiss Of Return ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


         Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha and company. Soul rights belong to Rumiko Takashi

         Note: -*-*-*- Means we are seeing a dream. It will not be in italic.

         Note: 'This is how it will be written if it is thought to ones self.'

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 &nbs p;       Kagome walked down the corridor of her school. Its dull colors seemed to make the building stuffy, and she simply wished to be out doors instead of cooped up in this hell hole of a building. School always held such a ray of positive energy for her, but on days like today, it mocked that very thought. She had no time, nor the interest, to worry about where the damned trains would be if one was going at two hundred and thirty miles per hour, and the other one seventy. No her thoughts were far to consumed with InuYasha, and what she was going to do. She knew that she was unable to stay in this era very long, yet she was unwanting to go back. The thought of having to face him was spine chilling. she dreaded the moment she had to do so. She both hated and loved time. In a sense she begged the clock to fast forward, so she would be free if this untimely prison, yet she urged it to stand still, so the moment wouldn't come where she had to face InuYasha.
        
 &n bsp;       Kagome loved him... and she knew it...
        
          'I guess I always have.' She said inwardly to herself. She breathed in, then released it, after holding it in for a while. She glanced her chocolate eyes down on her math paper. Its questions made no sense! As she skimmed the problems, she began to block out the world surrounding her. She heard a mumbled noise call out. She was leapt out of thoughts by the owner of the voice.
        
   ;       "Higurashi!" The enraged man beckoned once more as she saw the sudden hands of her teacher slam upon her desk. Her eyes moved from her paper to his face. It was worn and one of experience. He was a bitter old man in his late fifty's, his wife divorced, and his children angry. Watanabe was a fairly tall man, skinny lanky. It looked as if he was under fed, and his appearance was just a blue sky blue shirt and navy blue tie. He adorned black, thick framed glasses, and a stout mustache. Yet in his neat appearance, he always seemed to look unkept. He had a temper that only seemed to worsen by the years. School was all he had, and he hatred it when a student did not show respect. And that included paying attention.
        
 & nbsp;       "I'm sorry Mr. Watanabe." She said meekly.

         "How about you answer the question then."

         "I'm sorry... I can't."

         "And why is that?" He said mockingly.

         "I... I..." She stammered.
         "You what?"

         "I don't understand it sir."

         "Oh really? Is that so? Well I'm sure that must be due to my incompetent teaching skills, right?" He was red in the face.

         "No sir."

         "Oh well then Ms. Higurashi, Please enlighten us as of why!" He said.

         'He's enjoying this!' Kagome thought.

         "Because I was not paying attention Mr. Watanabe."

         "Oh! And what were you thinking of?"

         "Going home Sir." She was only telling half the truth.

         "And why don't I believe you?"

         "I don't know Sir."

         "I-" Kagome looked over to the door way. A teacher and her assistant were passing by, and froze to hear the argument. Their faces in obvious shock. Mr. Watanabe silently rose his hands form her desk, and began to walk back to his own.

         "Does any one know the answer to the question?" A boy raised his hand, and answered as the bell rang. Kagome stood, and began to gather up her books.

         "Old hag." Kagome said not so quitely. She had not even noticed her friend Yuko was standing beside her.

         "Kagome?"

         "Huh?" She said, slightly startled.

         "Did... Did you just call Mr. Watanabe an 'old hag'?" She asked curiously.

         "Um... Eri!" She exclaimed, after seeing their friend walk by. Kagome raced out of the room and into the hallway. Yuko followed shortly behind.

         "Oh hi guys!"

         "Hi!"   

         "Kagome! Hojo said he had seen you in school today, but the bell rang. How are you?"

         "I'm good. I'm feeling better every day." She smiled.

         'What a lie... Its the complete opposite She thought.

         "I'm so glad that your feeling better Kagome." The pleasant girl spoke with a smile.
        
   ;       "You'll never guess what Watanabe just did in front of Kagome." Yuko said.

         "Huh! What?" She questioned.
        
          "Just as she opened her mouth, a call of a man was heard.

         "Higurashi!" He cried.

         "Oh, hi Hojo!" She said back.

         "Your in school! I take it your feeling better?"

         "Yes, much. Your presents have helped me."

         The boy smiled from ear to ear.
        
  & nbsp;      "I'm glad." He said with a laugh.

         "Hey Kagome..."

         'Oh no here it comes...'

         "I was wondering, do you think that you would be well enough to go out to eat with me on Friday?"

         "Uhh... I don't know Hojo, I-"

         "She'd love to!"
        
  & nbsp;      "Ok! I will pick you up around 5:30, if that's okay with you Kagome."

         "I-"

         "5:30 is perfect!"

         "Just perfect!" Her other friend echoed in from behind.

         "Okay! See you then!" He said with a renewed zeal that seemed unmatchable.

         "What did you guys just do? Why did you set me up like that?" Kagome questioned.

         "Because Hojo is good for you, unlike your other guy."

         "You don't even know InuYasha, so don't talk about him like that, okay?"

         "Then why don't you introduce him to us?"

         "Because... Were fighting..."

         "See? Just another reason to go out with Hojo!" Eri exclaimed.

         "But I might not even be home on Friday!"

         She hoped she wouldn't be home...
        
 &nbs p;       "Oh.. Where would you go?"

         "With In- My aunt..." She lied.

         "Your aunt?"

         "Yes, she... needs my help..."

         "Oh. Well You should at least give Hojo a chance." Yuko replied.

         "Yes, if I am here, I will give him a chance." Kagome said.

         "Good." Both girls said in unison.

         They then started off their trip to Wacdonalds.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sat at the lip of the Bone Eaters Well, waiting for the scent of milk and honey to come through. He had been there for three days since he had last went, refusing to move until she came back. He had done his part in going to her era, now it was time for her to make her move. He sat in a sulked position, giving off strangled sighs from time to time.

         She had known that he came. He had left behind dirty foot prints on her wooden floor. Was it instinct that told her to wake up? That some one had been there, standing silently, quitely, and unknown to the world? Or perhaps it was because it was the dawn of the new day. But none the less, she was aware that he seeked her out. So why had she not returned to him? That was always the way it worked. She stayed, and he came to get her, she stayed for one more nights passing, and then hoped down the Bone Eaters Well. That's how it had worked for years! But, when she left... something was different.

         She was acting strangely, more so, than usual when it came to this situation. Threw the years they had gotten into a state of normancy when it came to these type of matters.

         He closed his eyes as he folded his arms across the lid of the well. He laid his head down on them as a sort of pillow. He began to think about what the past few days.

         They were absolute torture to put it in simple terms. Life seemed to be so dull with out her presence, and moving forward just seemed like a laugh. The only one that they would have ironically enough. She just seemed to give the group a sense of an over all positive out look.

         But when it came to him, he gave her a reason for living. Kagome gave him a feeling of love, and he wanted more than anything to return it. When she was happy, he was too. When she was depressed, his heart ached. When she was angry, he most in fits of rage. And when she showed that she loved him, even in the smallest of ways, his heart flushed, with a mixture of pride and over whelming love. Kagome was his everything...

         When had he grown to love her so much? It had not just happened over night. No, he had always loved her.

         'You were in denial. His demon side explained.

         'You were too stubborn to admit that you and Kikyo were not in love, and you were not ready to BE in love.'

         And he knew it was true. If some one had told him that he would one day be so in love that just by the very thought of the women, he would go insane, he would have never believed its teller.

         InuYasha began thinking over the fates. every thing happened for a reason. And for once, he was beginning to accept this, understanding its meaning.

         If InuYasha had not been betrayed by Kikyo, and shot, he would have never met Kagome. When he thought about how he would be with out this women, the thought of the arrow piercing threw him, sealing away what ever friendship and trust Kikyo and he held was worth it. If the fates needed so much pain in order to get to the sweet center, then so be it.

         The hanyou immediately felt a surge out guilt as he thought this. But he knew it was true. The only down fall in it was that Kikyo had to be hurt too.

         He had once heard Kagome say a saying "There can not be good, with out bad." And with his heart, he knew that this was true.

         InuYasha twitched his head to move the slanting bangs out of his eyes as he rested against the comfort of his arms.

         Suddenly, InuYashas eyes thrust open. He smelt the sweet scent of milk and honey. He instantly became intoxicated in it. His stomach began to knot in anticipation, and embarrassment. But just as suddenly as it came, it began to fade. Kagome was leaving.

         InuYasha stood up, and looked down at the pit blackness The Bone Eaters Well, and swallowed deeply.


         Kagome had stood in front of The Bone Eaters Well, and slammed her palms against its rotted wood. She had taken her yellow back pack off, and rested it against the side of the well. Her head was down, as she was indecision of what to do.

         It was Friday, and in ten minutes, her date with Hojo was to take place. InuYasha had not come for her with in the three days. She had waited for him, but he had yet to return. Perhaps she wasn't as important as she had thought. Perhaps.... Perhaps any amount of closeness that they shared was all a figment of her imagination...

         The raven haired girl just stood there, as time seemed to slip by from under her.

         Souta came rushing to her side, his face filled with seriousness.

         "Kagome?"

         She turned her head, and attention to Souta.

         "Whats the matter Souta?"

         "Are you and InuYasha fighting again?"

         "Huh? No... no... why do you ask?"

         "Because Hojo is here and-"

         "What? Hes here NOW?" She asked, Her voice full of surprise.

         "Yeah. He says that you two are going out on a date and-"

         "Tell him that i will be ready in five minutes."

         "Yeah, sure okay." He said as he nodded his head up and down.

         "Ok then." She walked up to her back door, as Souta watched her pull it open to get ready for her date.

         About a minutes after she left, Souta started to walk out of the Well House when he heard something from behind that he recognized all too well. Some one was coming out of the Bone Eaters Well.

         The boy turned his head to see InuYasha walking toward him.

         "InuYasha!" The boy exclaimed.

         "Wheres Kagome?"
        
 &nb sp;       "Shes in her room getting read to-"

         "Thanks kid." And then he ran off, as Souta stood there, watching InuYasha leap onto her balcony with an amazing speed and force.
        
   ;       "Wow." He said as he began walking back to the house idly.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   &n bsp;     Kagome was in her room, getting dressed with a frown planted on her face. She knew it was time to get over InuYasha. He had not come back for her. Maybe this date could be a new start...

         She selected a blue dress from her closet. It was as low cut as her skirts, and had spaghetti straps. Hojo had told her to dress up... As she slipped it over her head, she heard a rustle form her window. Kagome turned her head, and what she caught, made her heart bet faster.

         "InuYasha..."

         "Kagome... I..."

         "What are you doing here?

         "I came to get you... Where are you-"

         "I'm not going." She stated plainly.

         "What?" The words seemed unrealistic as they stabbed at his heart.

         "You heard me InuYasha... I'm not going..." She turned to her mirror and began to brush out her hair.

         "Kagome..."

         InuYasha was unsure what to do. He never in a million years expected this. Taking her by surprise, he grabbed hold of her shoulders and turned her to face him.

         "Your coming home with me now."

         A small, sad smile graced her lips.

         "Or what InuYasha? I'm not needed there."

         "Kagome where is this coming from?"

         "The only reason that I am there is because of the jewel, and Kikyo can help you find the shards, she is the one who you really want to be with after all, isn't it? Then you two can be together..."

         "Kago-" He turned his head to the door. Some one was coming. There was a knock, followed by Souta's voice.

         "Kagome... Hojo is still here."

         She got free of his grasp and started to walk towards the door.

         "Ok, thanks Souta. I will be down in a second."

         As soon as his hands had left her shoulders they were replaced again as her turned her toward him for the second time.

         "Who is Hojo?"

         "Hes a boy... who wants to date me..." She said truthfully into his eyes.

         "No. Kagome-"

         "What do you care anyway's InuYasha?" She said, tears through her words. "You don't care about me... You have Kikyo..."

         InuYasha had heard all he could take. He pulled her shoulders toward him, and captivated her mouth in his own. She gave off a short moan of surprise, but they quickly turned to that of pleasure. Her heart raced as he lifted his right hand to the back of her head, and his left to the small of her back.

         Kagome tilted her head sideways in order to deepen the kiss. He ran her hands up his strong back, holding him for dear life. He finally broke away from the kiss that was something he only dreamed of.

         "Kagome... You know that... That I care about you right?"

         She nodded her head as tears sprang.

         "Yes... I do..." She said.

         "Are you... Will You come back with me? Will you come home?"

         'Home.' She thought. 'It truly is my home.'

         She brought her palm to his cheek, and nodded her head.

         "Yes. I'll come home with you." She said it with half a giggle. She drew him to her mouth, and they were lost in a kiss that held all the passion that they had gathered in the past three and a half years. They were so far gone from reality that they did not hear Souta knock once more, nor did they hear him open the door. It was how ever, the sound of Hojo's Strangled voice that brought them back down to earth.

         "Kagome... InuYasha!" Was all that Souta said.
        
          The raven haired girl separated from her lovers lips, but not before giving them a quick kiss. She panted as she stared into his eyes, as she held his cheek.

         "Higurashi!"

         Both the hanyou and the women turned their heads at his astounded call.

         "Hojo..."

         "Who is this?"

         "Hojo... This is InuYasha." She said, taking a step forward. The hanyou locked his hand in hers, giving her restraint. She began to feel butterfly's in her stomach as he did this. InuYasha's demon side began to flare up.

         InuYasha growled.

         "Kagome why is he here?"

         Then the memory hit him.

         "Who is Hojo?"

         "Hes a boy... who wants to date me..." She said truthfully into his eyes.

         'He's not going to do anything with Kagome... Not while I'm here. Not while... We just kissed.'
His heart began to flush once more.

         "I was going to take Higurashi on a date... But..."

         "Think again." His demon side was raging.

         "InuYasha, relax." She said, putting one hand on his chest. InuYasha experienced the butterfly's that Kagome had gotten just a short moment ago.

         "I'm sorry Hojo..." She stated.

         "No.. Its okay Higurashi, I..." He started, but never finished. He then turned down the hall and to the stairs to give thanks to Mrs. Higurashi, and take his leave.

         Souta stood in the door way, until Kagome shot daggers at him, and he too, took his leave.

         Kagome walked over to the door then shut it. She gave him a shy smile as she turned.

         "K... Kagome... I..."

         She looked up at him as she walked forward.

         "I'm sorry that I kissed you."
        
          An instinct frown came to her lips.

         "Your sorry?" She asked sadly.

         The hanyou searched her eyes. He couldn't lie to her again. He wasn't able too. She needed to know the truth.

         She let out a breath she had unaware that she had holding in, and with it, came the return of her smile.

         "Good." She said, as she placed her hand on his head, and moved away his bangs. InuYasha laid his hand on her cheek, and dragged his index finger across it, working its way to her chin. He grabbed hold of it,and as he lifted her head, he brought her lips to his own.

         After what seemed an eternity, Kagome broke away from his lips, giving them several quick ones however. She looked up into his amber eyes.

         "Ready to go home?" She said breathlessly.

So I pulled an all nighter, and got this done :) I hope you all like it = ) I like this fan fic. :) Theres gonna be a lot of fluff = ) Lol. Please don't be too mad if the next update is not for a bit. Again... Two stories at once... Not so good. I'm wrapping up the other though, then my full attention will be on this one. = )
you like it, Please Review! If you are so kind   = ) its nice not feeling like I'm writing to no one! = )        
   &nb sp;    

      &n bsp;