InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Melt Down ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
The room that swam into her vision was not one she recognized. Across her waist there was something heavy and warm, something living, and as she looked down she let out a strangled shriek. There was an arm there, and as she let her eyes travel upward she found a bare chest and then the content and sleeping face of Koga.



“Oh my god…no” She breathed. She pushed back her tears, and the headache that was pounding in her head as sat up with a start causing Koga to stir beside her. She let out a desperate cry and looked around for her clothing. Koga sat up and watched her confused.



“What’s wrong Kagome? Why are you in such a rush?” He asked, watching her as she pulled on her shirt and then her skirt.



“I-I can’t believe I let this happen,” She stuttered. Koga cocked his head to the side and looked at her completely lost. Kagome froze and stared at him.



“K-Koga, we. We had, sex last night,” She said to him, her voice barely above a whisper as she uttered that dreaded word. Koga laughed and shook his head.



“I know it’s all right Kagome. You were great,” He told her with a smile. Kagome shook her head, and looked at him with disbelieving eyes.



“N-no it isn’t all right, I wasn‘t ready. I wanted to wait. I wanted it to be special, and now it won’t ever be. I can’t believe you! Did we even use protection?” She asked, her voice quickly rising as she became frantic. Koga sat up realizing she was having a melt down and tugged a bed cover over himself. He wanted to assure her that it was fine, that they did, but he could hardly remember the night before.



“I’m sure we did,” He told her finally. He realized a second too late that wasn’t a good thing to say. Kagome shrieked and looked around desperately.



“Koga, are you not sure? Oh my god, what are we going to do, how can you not know for sure,” She cried, tears of fear and frustration rolling down her cheeks. Koga sighed and got up before he quickly pulled on some boxers from the floor.



“Calm down, it’s fine. Don’t have a melt down, it‘s not the end of the world,” He told her. Kagome just shook her head and pulled open the door to rush out. Koga stared at the door for a moment before he tried to catch up with her, but by the time he had pulled on his pants, she was long gone.










When Kagome got back to her dorm room Sango had already left for classes, but she didn’t even think of that, the first thing she did was head into the bathroom and puke. She was sure that she had consumed far beyond the legal limit of alcohol the night before, and right then she was feeling it’s after affects. She lied down on the bathroom floor and cried once again. She couldn’t believe she ever liked Koga, he hadn’t even cared that she hadn’t been ready. He hadn’t even said he loved her, he hadn’t tried to comfort her, or hold her. Why did she ever believe that things would work out with them?



“I can’t believe I let this happen,” She sighed dejectedly. Kagome stared up at the ceiling for the longest time, just trying to rid herself of her horrible headache and the pains in her stomach, and the tears clouding her eyes.



“Damn it, how could I be so stupid,” She cursed. She rolled over and crawled to her feet and slumped into her room and onto her bed. She let her eye drift shut for a few moments, but they didn’t open back up as she drifted to sleep. She looked a disheveled mess, and tears still leaked from the corners of her eyes as her dreams had her reliving the night from before.










Kagome didn’t talk to Koga for the week after, or even the week after that, and she didn’t plan on talking to him again. She felt so betrayed by him, and lost, and hurt. He had used her, and she had let it happen.



“Kagome, I think you should go and get tested,” Sango said to her. Kagome looked up from her science book to give her friend a bemused look.



“Um, get tested for what?” She asked. Sango rolled her eyes.



“For STD’s. Koga might seem clean, but you never know,” She told her. Kagome paled at this comment and dropped her textbook from her lap. Sango shook her head and went over to retrieve the book, placing it beside her friend on the bed.



“It’s no big deal, just a precaution. Please Kagome, do it for me,” Sango asked. Kagome blinked and looked up at her.



“I will, I’m just, I hadn’t thought of that,” She replied quietly. Sango smiled at her reassuringly and patted her shoulder.



“It’s understandable, just you know be sure to set up an appointment somewhere. Look I’ve got to go, I’ll see you later,” Sango told her. Kagome nodded and smiled at her as she left. Kagome let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed for the phone. She’d call and set up an appointment, she had to.



“Um, yes hello, I’d like to set up an appointment. Yes, a test for STD’s…”









“You do know that you’re acting ridiculous? Really, how childish,” Miroku scolded. Inuyasha glared at the dark haired man as he continued to swirl his food around his plate.



“I am not. She’s only going to get hurt again I just know it. I don’t understand why she can’t realize that what they had was only a fling, Koga doesn’t give a shit about her feelings,” He grumbled. He let out a sigh before giving up on his meal; it had lost its appeal a while ago.



“Koga’s her first love, her first boyfriend, and you know how naïve she is. She’d sooner think a ferocious tiger, cute and cuddly before think Koga was only with her for sex. She’s inexperienced and she thinks she’s in love. You can’t just abandon her, she’ll do something stupid,” Miroku continued. Inuyasha leaned back in his seat, his mind long past this conversation, it was the same one they’d had for the past three weeks. He didn’t care, he didn’t want to watch her make another mistake, and he didn’t want to be involved so she could come crying to him.



‘That’s not true. You want to be there, if not to watch her but to make sure Koga doesn’t lay a hand on her,’ His brain taunted him. His eye twitched in annoyance at the little voice, it had been there for the past three weeks telling him all those silly hopes and ideas. Telling him he loved her, that she was more then a friend, that he was stupid to let her out of his sights.



“Just shut up already. I know, I know,” He growled. Miroku looked at him bewildered, he hadn’t even gotten to his point yet. He let the subject drop though knowing there were limits to how long he could stay alive and continue to nag.



“So, anyways I finally got to go on a date with Sango,” Miroku announced, changing topic. Inuyasha looked up in surprise, before he let out a laugh.



“Oh really, was she conscious?” He asked. Miroku gave him a dignified look before clearing his throat.



“That’s a stupid question, of course she was,” He replied. “And it wasn’t a dream either”.



Inuyasha shut his mouth and shook his head. Miroku could just carry on dreaming, because it was obvious he was delusional.



“She had asked me out to dinner last week to discuss Kagome. It seems she’s rather distraught”. Inuyasha looked up at this, his face serious with concern.



“What’s wrong with her?” He asked. Miroku shook his head, and gave him a smirk.



“So you do care after all?” He questioned. Inuyasha just growled, glaring death.



“Fine. Be that way. As I was saying, Kagome has been rather distraught about your reaction. She’s been depressed ever since you left her that day. Sango said she’d never seen her cry so hard or so much… I guess you really said something hurtful, didn’t you?”



Inuyasha shook his head, and let out a haggard sigh. He did say something, something rather cruel and he had regretted it since it slipped from his mouth. But he wasn’t one to go back on his words and he was being stubborn about the whole thing. He didn’t want to apologize. Not until she did first, she was the one who hurt him first.



“So what, she’ll get over it. She always has, that’s what she does. I’m sick of this conversation, and I’m sick of you. See you later”. And with that he stood, tossing down a few dollars before he left the restaurant. He wasn’t about to sit and be nagged once again; he had enough guilt swimming around in his head, without it being thrown at him from the outside as well. Miroku could keep his theories to himself, because Inuyasha didn’t give a shit.



‘So, now I’m running away from the only person who’s still talking to me. Great, now I’ll only have is myself,’ He thought with a sigh. As he got in his car his cell phone started to ring. He growled at it like that would just shut it up, but it continued to ring and he was forced to pick it up.



“What do you want?” He growled.



“Uh, Inuyasha. It’s Sango; you need to come over right now. Something’s happened with Kagome”.