InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ The Day Everything Changed ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kagome sat nervously in the doctor’s office. They had called her back to tell her the test results, and she was scared. Of course she was scared, who wouldn’t be?



“Ms. Higurashi?” A nurse called. Kagome looked up, and stood to follow the petite woman. She was cheery and smiled at her as she told her where to sit and who long the doctor would be.



Kagome sat on the tall doctor’s table; the paper laid on top of it crinkled with her every movement. She kept her gaze locked on the small clock that ticked above the door, as she counted down the minutes. Of course this wasn’t a good idea, for one counting the minutes only made them seem longer, and second of course she was making herself nauseas with worry.



‘I have to stop worrying. It’ll do no good. I have to be positive,’ She told herself. The door opened a moment later and an older looking woman stepped in. Her hair was brown with a few gray streaks and was pulled back in a loose bun. She was about the same height as Kagome, maybe a few inches taller and she wore glasses that perched on the end of her small nose.



“Good afternoon, Kagome. My name is Doctor Daniel,” She said with a cheerful smile. Kagome returned it, though it paled in comparison.



“I’m sure your nervous, so before I tell you anything, I want you to take some deeps breaths and calm yourself,” Doctor Daniel told her. Kagome did as she was told, taking a few more breathes for good measure before she smiled and gave a nod to show she was ready.



“So, we got back your test result, and I’m happy to tell you your perfectly healthy. No STD’s what so ever,” She told her. Kagome let out a heaving sigh.



“Thank goodness. I don’t know why I was so worried,” She said aloud, her smiled brightening. Doctor Daniel nodded, and then looked down at her clipboard, her eyes scanning it.



“Yes, it is good news. But, we’ll need to do another test. I’m sure the nurse told you last time, right?” The older woman asked. Kagome looked at her a bit confused, before she bit her lip.



“You mean, there’s something wrong?” She asked. The doctor smiled and shook her head.



“Of course not. I just want you to take a pregnancy test for me. It’s not a big deal, there was just something that was showing up in your blood test, and we want to see if there’s a possibility,” She told her carelessly. Kagome looked at her for a moment, a sense of dread seeping over her.



“Could I be pregnant?” She asked. Doctor Daniel looked at her calmly, and patted her knee.



“We won’t know for sure, until you take the test. Now come along, I’ll show to the bathroom,” She said with a smile. Kagome followed, her heart racing.










Sango sat in her dorm room watching the clock. Kagome had left a while ago to get back her test results, and she was worried about why it was taking so long. Her mind racing with possible answers, and all of them were bad. She had found out she had Aids and was broken down somewhere, or worse. She was still there listening as the doctor listed all her illnesses. What if she was out there wondering the streets with no idea of what to do.



Sango gave herself a mental shake, knocking away those thoughts and worries.



“She’s probably out celebrating. That’s what she’s doing,” She told herself. Then she decided she’d got out to get a bit to eat, since there was no sense in waiting around for Kagome. She’d only succeed in driving herself crazy with her own notions, and that would do her no good. So she grabbed her purse and headed out the door.










It couldn’t have been possible. She didn’t want to believe it, not for a second. Kagome set down the test on the edge of the sink waited for it to show, she watched patiently and when it started to appear she closed her eyes. So maybe she didn’t want to see, maybe she was being stupid. Of course she wasn’t pregnant, there couldn’t be any possible way, it had been her first time and she had been drunk. There wasn’t any way, not any.



“Kagome, could you please let me in,” The doctor called. Kagome steadied herself and then went to open the door; all the while she ignored the test sitting on the sink.



“Well, let’s have a look,” Dr. Daniel said. Kagome backed away and watched as she picked up the test with her rubbed gloved hands. Her expression didn’t change, as she looked it over and then tossed it into the Biochemical trashcan.



“Let’s head back to the room now,” Was all she said as she left. Kagome nodded numbly and followed her. Kagome took her seat of the high table again as Doctor Daniel shut the door and removed her gloves.



“You can look at this in a good way, or a bad way but in the end it’s all about what you plan for,” She started. Kagome nodded, and took a deep breath.



“So, what did it say?” She asked. Dr. Daniel smiled at her kindly, as she leaned against the counter top the held all her little supplies. All those tongue depressors, and colorful band-aid boxes.



“It said positive. Now there are certain procedures that you can follow, like abortion, or adoption. You could even choose to start a family, it‘s your choice,” She continued to talk. But Kagome didn’t listen, she felt numb. She was pregnant, with Koga’s baby and it was all a mistake. This shouldn’t have happened, but it was all her own fault. She had been stupid and irresponsible and now she was paying the price.