InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Guess Who's Gonna Be A Daddy? ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Telling her mother had been one thing, she had know how she would react and Inuyasha had been there for support, but now she had to tell Koga and she was on her own for this. She hadn’t talked to him since that morning she had ran out, and quite frankly she wasn’t looking forward to visiting him. He was a jerk she had decided she didn’t want to associate with, but even he deserved to know he was a father.



She stared at the door before her for a little while longer, her hand resting against her flat stomach. She took a deep breath and then knocked.










Inuyasha had accompanied her to her mother’s house, he had told her he was there for moral support and to break up a catfight if one were to start. Of course he was joking when he said this, but Kagome had looked at him nervously and nearly ran back to her dorm to lock herself in the bathroom again. Her mother greeted them at the door with a smile, and Kagome couldn’t help but think it wouldn’t be there for long.



“I’m so glad you called, come on in I have some lunch for you two,” She told them, letting them inside. Kagome forced a smile as she sat down in the kitchen, Inuyasha beside her and her mother across from her. Kagome mother, Asuka was a gentle woman with a kind heart, but being a single mother, she was strict with her children.



“So, tell me how college is?” She asked, her face bright with pride. Kagome looked away from her and stared at the tea in front of her.



“Good…” She replied quietly. Underneath the table Inuyasha reached for one of her hands, and gave it a gentle squeeze for encouragement. Kagome shivered in fear and anxiousness before she looked up at her mother, staring into brown eyes so much like hers.



“M-Mama, I,” She paused and took a deep breath. “ Mama, I’ve got a problem…”



Her mother cocked her head to the side looking at her confused, her short black hair bobbing around her chin as she smiled and reached across the table to grip her daughter’s hand that rested on the table.



“Sweetheart, you know that you can tell me anything,” She said. Kagome nodded, and let out her breath.



“I’m pregnant”.



The air fell still as she uttered those words, and Mrs. Higurashi stared at her daughter. Her brown eyes flashed with many emotions, anger, concern, disappointment, love, understanding, and fear.



“Are you sure sweetheart?” She asked quietly. Kagome nodded again not trusting her own voice. Asuka looked over at Inuyasha, her eyes narrowing in the slightest.



“Did you do this?” She asked, her voice sounding strangely sweet and threatening at the same time. Inuyasha blinked before he jumped and shook his head vehemently.



“No, Mama don’t accuse him, it wasn’t him. We’re only friends. It’s a long story,” She said, jumping to his defense. Asuka turned back to her daughter, her eyes starting to smolder with anger.



“You had better start explaining then, right this instant”.










The door opened to reveal a bedraggled guy with mussed blonde hair and sleepy gray eyes. He stared at Kagome for the longest time his face showing his complete confusion.



“Uh, who are you?” He asked intelligently. Kagome gave a nervous smile.



“Is, is Koga here?” She asked. The guy took a while to answer his head leaving the doorway to stare into the room behind him. When he turned back he nodded.



“Could I talk to him?” She asked. The guy shrugged and let her inside.



The sight that met her eyes was the one thing she had never expected. Koga was sound asleep in his bed, a half naked girl collapsed on top of him. Kagome stared in horror and tried to tame the emotions that were swelling up in her chest. The guy that had let her in looked at her then Koga a realization finding it’s way through his sleepy eyes. He nudged Koga with his foot and Koga stirred looking at him crossly.



“What?” He asked gruffly.



“You have a visitor,” The guy told him. Koga grunted and rolled over snuggling with the girl again. Kagome closed her eyes at the sight, her heart aching.



“Tell them to go away, I’m busy”. Kagome clenched her fists at her side before she stomped over and pushed his friend away from him.



“It’s too late for that Koga. I’m already here,” She yelled. Koga nearly jumped out of his skin seeing her, his movement knocking the other girl out of his small bed completely, but she didn’t even wake from her heavy sleep.



“K-Kagome, what are you doing here?” He asked, clutching a sheet around himself as he stood. Kagome shook her head at him, and reached up to rub her eyes, stopping the tears that had formed.



“I just came here to tell you something, I thought you’d like to know,” She said with a defeated sigh. She looked up at him meeting his deep blue eyes, those ones that once she dreamed of staring into forever. She shook her head again and gave a wry smile, which had Koga fidgeting.



“What would that be?” He asked.



“You’re gonna be a daddy”.