InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Don't Bottle YOur Pain ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
After her mother got past the shock, she got mad. Actually more like she was furious.



“How could he? That horrid boy, taking advantage of you! Kagome I just, I just can’t believe this,” Mrs. Higurashi exclaimed. Kagome sighed and shook her head.



“I’m to blame too Mama. I let it happen, I was stupid,” She said sadly. Asuka looked at Kagome and shook her head, reaching across for her hand once again.



“Sweetheart, Koga should have never let you touch a drink, he was responsible for your safety but instead he push the drinks at you. He knew what he was doing, and he’s a horrible person for it,” She told her. Kagome bit her bottom lip when it trembled and looked away from her mothers gaze, it didn’t matter what anyone believed, she knew she was to blame as much as Koga.



“Sweetheart, I’ll support you. I’m just glad you haven’t gotten any diseases as well, and I’m proud you thought to get tested. That was responsible”. Kagome nodded, her mind drifting from the present conversation to something else. She was tired and wanted nothing more then to sleep and forget about everything that was wrong with her life at this moment.










Of course Koga had reacted badly to her little confession. Of course he had denied it that second she told him and then he pushed her out of his room in a rage. It hurt, to be rejected that badly, and her back throbbed painfully from when he had physically pushed her out that door, with enough force to send her crashing into the wall opposite his doorway. She hadn’t sat there and cried, not when the shouts and crash would have attracted attention she didn‘t want at that moment. Kagome just shook her head clear from her depression and pulled herself up from the ground. She wasn’t going to cry, she didn’t want to give Koga the satisfaction.



Kagome made her way down the hall and then out the building and finally when she reached her car she let her tears fall. She cried because her back her, and because her heart ached, and because her spirit was bruised. How could she have ever thought he loved her? Why did she think he wanted to love her? She realized then that reason it hurt so badly was because deep down she had had a hope that he would have accepted her and the baby. That he would of loved her and they would be together a happy family. But it was obvious to her now he had never cared and she had been stupid to even hope from his love to be returned.



Beside her a loud ring erupted from her purse, signaling that someone was trying to contact her. She knew it was probably Inuyasha, he had promised to call her every ten minutes to make sure she was all right, and she had purposely left her purse in the car for that reason. She wiped at her face and then reached over to answer it.



“Hello,” She said, her voice wavering only slightly. There was a relieved sigh on the other end, and the barest smile found her lips.



“Good, I was wondering when you’d answer. Are you all right?” He asked, concern evident in his tone. She let out a feeble sigh, before answering.



“Yeah, I’ll be okay. I just need some time alone,” She told him. He didn’t answer just sighed and hung up. She let the phone fall into her passenger seat before she rested her head on her steering wheel and closed her eyes. The tears made silent tracks down her cheeks as she started her car. She just needed to be alone for a little while, just to adjust, and clear her mind.










Sango hadn’t been home when she got back, but she didn’t mind she wanted to be alone. She crawled into her bed and curled up into a little ball resting her head in her arms.



‘I’ll be fine,’ She told herself. But she knew it would take a while for her to get use to everything. The exhaustion of the day finally caught up with her and she let herself drift asleep. Maybe she could escape from everything in a dream.



“You lie. I’m not the father, and don’t tell me that, you little slut”. Koga’s voice echoed in her head. His angry face came into view and his finger poked at her chest pushing her back toward the door.



“I’m not lying, it’s the truth. You can’t just ignore this, it’s your child too,” She told him. He growled at her almost animally and pushed her towards the door again. Her hands caught the frame and she glared at him as she held onto it tightly.



“I’m not leaving until you except this,” She shouted at him. Koga clenched his fist and then he push her clear out the door, the force knocked her into the opposite wall, the crash momentarily knocking the air from her lungs. His angry glare the last thing she saw before he slammed the door.



Kagome woke with a start, a shiver of pain lacing down her back. She held back her cry and looked around disoriented. It was dark, meaning she had been sleeping the whole day. She cleared her head and reached over to turn on the small lamp beside her bed. Across the room Sango shifted in her bed, but didn’t open her eyes.



Kagome sighed and got up going to her dresser. She pulled open the top draw and took out her pajamas. When she pulled off her shirt she turned to look into the mirror at her back. She winced at the black and purple bruise that was forming, she had hit that wall harder then she thought. She whimpered as she brushed her fingers against the sensitive flesh. She was so distracted by her bruise she didn’t realize Sango had woken until her heard her gasp from across the room.



“What happened to you?” She asked, quickly getting up from her bed. Kagome shook her head and pulled her nightshirt over her head.



“Nothing, Koga just had a bad reaction to the news,” She replied. Sango looked at her with watery eyes.



“Kagome, are you all right?” She asked. Kagome looked away from her and nodded slowly, though she couldn’t suppress the small quake of her body as she thought of her dream again. Sango noticed and quickly wrapped her arms around her petite friend, she held her gently so not to harm her more, and Kagome welcomed the hug gratefully



“Don’t lie to me, tell me what happened. It does you no good to keep all this pain inside,” Sango told her. Kagome rested her head on her friends shoulder and let a few tears roll down her cheek.



“I don’t want to be a burden, I feel like I’m just causing problems,” She whispered. Sango pulled back to look into her eyes and smiled at her barely, a tear of her own slipping down her cheeks.



“You’re my best friend Kagome, you could never be a burden. I’m just so worried about you, don’t hide things like this you can’t let these emotions eat away at you. Now please, tell me what happened. I’m always here for you, so don’t think you have to hide from me,” She told her. Kagome nodded and they took a seat on the edge of her bed. Kagome let herself cry again, as she told Sango everything, from the night of the party, to Koga’s rejection. Sango cried too, her worries and frustration with these events catching up to her. They spent most of the night sitting there talking, and crying. It was just what Kagome needed, and she felt better just talking about everything.



“Hopefully things will get better,” She said with a sniffle, as she rubbed at her tearful eyes. Beside her Sango smiled.



“Of course they will. You just have to keep positive,” She told her. Kagome nodded, letting herself smile genuinely for the first time since everything had happened.