InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Those Damn Hormones ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
The phone rang suddenly and Inuyasha made a jump for it. He’d been waiting for this call all day.



“What took you so long?” He demanded. He heard a chuckle on the other end and growled.



“I never knew you cared,” Miroku cooed. Inuyasha scowled.



“I thought you were Kagome, what do you want?” He asked. Miroku gave a dramatic sigh letting a long pause stretch, just to annoy his friend further. Inuyasha growled menacingly.



“No need to get touchy. I was just wondering if you had any good ideas for a restaurant I could take Sango to. I finally got her to go out on a real date, isn’t that wonderful?” He asked happily. Inuyasha snorted at this and then rolled his eyes.



“Yeah, it’s just great. Does that mean that Kagome going to be all alone tonight?” He asked, his tone turning concerned. Miroku sighed.



“Can’t we ever talk about me, why is it always about Kagome with you?” Miroku sighed, his tone flippant.



“She’s pregnant you idiot, she can’t be all by herself,” He scolded. Miroku laughed.



“I get it, okay. Now tell me a restaurant, I need to know because I’m picking her up in like five minutes”.



“That’s just like you to not have anywhere to go. Try that little pub down by South Street; I think she’ll like that. Anyways, you still haven’t answered my question, about Kagome,” He asked again.



“Yes, she is going to be alone. Sango told me she was a little emotional and just wanted to sleep anyway. Maybe you should just let her be,” Miroku suggested. Inuyasha sighed.



“Someone needs to look out for her. She can sleep over here, tell Kagome when you pick up Sango to be ready in twenty minutes”. With that he hung up and started to get his living room a little bit tidier.










Kagome watched as Sango got ready for her date. Her eyes were glazed over and her mouth set in a frown. She wished she could go out, she wanted to date again and she wanted to look pretty. She was tired of being, well tired, and she hated always looking so washed out. But what she hated most were her stupid emotions.



“You’re so lucky, you get to go on a date. I‘ll never get to do that again,” Kagome sniffled, trying to hold back her tears. Sango looked at her, and frowned she knew that face and she knew that Kagome was on the verge of another break down.



“Don’t be silly, of course you will. But first you need to worry about other things, like getting some rest,” Sango told her in a motherly tone. Kagome nodded slowly and bit her bottom lip.



“I’m sorry I’m such a pain. I hate being such a burden to you,” She said. Her voice quivered and a few tears fell down her flushed cheeks as she watched Sango pull up her hair into a ponytail.



“You’re not a burden. You’re my friend, stop being so negative,” She admonished. Kagome shook her head, and covered her face as the tears came down full swing. She knew she shouldn’t be crying, she was only going to cause problems for Sango. As Sango heard her sobs she looked over with a slight frown. She never knew Kagome was going to be so emotional during this pregnancy, she’d heard they cried a lot, but this was getting ridiculous.



“Come now, stop it. I told you not to worry,” She said, taking a seat beside Kagome’s sobbing form. Kagome shook her head and looked up at her.



“It’s not about that. I’m sorry for being such a crank, I can’t believe I’m crying again. I don’t want to, I’m sorry,’ She sniffled. Sango smiled at her kindly rubbing her back in a soothing gesture.



“Don’t worry, calm down. This isn’t your fault, it’s just those stupid hormones. Now why don’t you just lay down and try to get some rest, you’re probably exhausted,” Sango said. Kagome nodded again and reached over to hug Sango tightly.



“Thank you so much. I’m sorry for being such a pain,” Kagome sniffled. Sango shook her head and stood, straightening out her skirt. There was a knock at the door a moment later and she went to get it.



“Hey, sexy,” Miroku greeted. Sango raised an eyebrow at him and then let him in.



“I hope that’s not something you’ll continue to call me, because otherwise I might have to hurt you,” She replied. Miroku smiled casually and nodded his head.



“Doily noted, my dear. Oh, and Kag’s I have a message from Inuyasha,” Miroku said. Kagome looked up at him still teary eyed.



“What do you mean?” She asked confused.



“He says to be ready in twenty minutes. He doesn’t want you to stay here alone while Sango’s gone,” He replied with a shrug. Kagome sighed and wiped at her cheeks.



“Why not? I’m only going to sleep, he worries too much,” She said dismissively. Sango almost laughed at her Kagome’s flippant response, but bit her lip, she didn’t need Kagome to think she was laughing at her and start to cry again.



“He’s just thinking about you. Now I’ll be back later, I’ll give you call when I get back,” Sango told her with a smile. Kagome nodded, flashing her a grin of her own, her tears quickly forgotten.



“All right. Hopefully I won’t have fallen asleep,” She replied. Sango laughed and then the couple left. Kagome sat there a while, and then sighed in boredom. She didn’t mind going over to Inuyasha’s, in fact she missed not seeing him every chase she got. He was always busy with school or work, they hardly got to talk and hang out like they use to.



‘I feel bad, I should have tried harder to talk to him’ She thought sadly. She caught herself before she started to cry again and stood to get her shoes on. If he was going to be there soon, she wanted to be ready.