InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Bring Me A Bucket ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kagome had passed out not even ten minutes into the movie. Her head was resting on a pillow that was propped on top of Inuyasha’s thigh, and he was starting to lose feeling in it but he didn’t dare move in case he woke her up. With a haggard sigh he looked to the table only mere feet from him, and the remote control that lie on top of it.



‘So close, yet so far,’ He thought glumly. He’d been stuck watching the after programs sign since it turned midnight and now he couldn’t even reach the clicker to change the channel. He glanced at Kagome’s peaceful face and then to the remote again. His fingers twitch and then he slowly leaned forward, stretching to reach. His fingers bushed against the small plastic remote, but if he moved any further he’d might fall straight off the couch and probably take Kagome with him.



“Almost got it,” He told himself, as he extended his fingers a tiny bit further. He finally grabbed it and regained his composure holding his prize in hand.



Kagome made a small noise, and then shifted turning to face the couch, but didn‘t wake from his movements. He rolled his eyes and began to channel surf. It was nice to have her over, even if she was unconscious. It was almost as if her presence gave him an ease that he normally could never have had. Her smalls snores and breathing filled the quiet apartment with life, so much more then the television set and Inuyasha smiled again as he looked down at her sleeping form. She was only a month a half along, so she wasn’t showing in any physical way. He couldn’t imagine her with a big belly sticking out, and when he did he had to snort at the picture that came to mind, he always pictured her toppling over from the size of her tummy.



‘She’ll probably keep the baby. She’d never be able to turn her back on her own child, even if it was an accidental conception,’ He thought with a sigh. He knew Kagome would make a good mother, but he was just worried what she was going to do for money and school. Her mother had said she would support her, but that still left her alone. She needed someone to be a father to her baby, and obviously Koga wasn’t going to be it.



‘I can be there for her, but that isn’t what she needs. She needs someone to love her, and someone she can love…” Inuyasha sighed and shook that thought from his mind. They were friends and always had been. Often Miroku would tease him about his feelings for Kagome, tell him he could deny it all he wanted, but he was in love. Of course he was, but he wouldn’t admit it to himself just yet, he couldn’t set himself up for another let down. He couldn’t love her when she wouldn’t feel the same. It would be a waste, to both of them.



‘I can’t love her now, any more then a friend should. She doesn’t need any more emotional messes. Someday down the road… Maybe I’ll tell her”.










Miroku glanced across the table at Sango. She had been staring off for the past ten or so minutes, just staring off with a concerned look on her face. He knew already she was worrying about Kagome. She was always worrying about her, and he couldn’t blame her, but he couldn’t help but feel cheated out of this date. He cleared his throat, and Sango looked at him.



“Stop worrying, she’s in good hands,” He told her. Sango half smiled and shook her head just barely.



“Yeah, I know. But I can’t stop; she’s just been so emotional and stressed. It’s not good for her or the baby. I think she’s suffering from Koga’s rejection, even though she won’t say so,” Sango told him. Miroku nodded in silent agreement. Sango sighed and shook her head again.



“She’s probably just doubting herself right now,” Miroku said. “She’s scared no one will love her because she’s going to be a mother. Hopefully she’ll get over it”.



“She has Inuyasha to love her. But the both of them are too dense to realize the bond they have. They’re totally clueless,’ Sango said, a smile on her lips. Miroku chuckled too.



“It’s obvious, but we can’t push it right now. It’s not fair to Kagome,” He told her. Sango shrugged and then leaned her elbows on the table.



“Yeah, I know… I still wish they’d hurry up and admit their feelings,” She replied. Miroku nodded as he leaned forward on the table as well. Sango blushed as his face came mere inches from hers.



“What are you doing?” She asked. Miroku smiled.



“Admiring your beautiful eyes,” He said, Sango blushed and then his eyes strayed downward. “Oh that and the lovely view down your oh so revealing shirt”. Sango slapped him for that, her blush turning from embarrassed to angry.










Amber glanced at the empty seat next to her once again, and sighed. Kagome hadn’t come to class again. She didn’t like not knowing what was going on, and she just wanted to know what was happening with Kagome. If she was so sick then perhaps she should go to the hospital, or perhaps she had dropped out of the class completely.



After class Amber headed to the only source she could to find out about Kagome. She knocked on the door and found it already open. She stepped inside and found Koga draped across his bed sound asleep. Amber rolled her eyes and went over to nudge him with her foot. Koga grumbled and sat up, his hair falling across his face.



“What the hell do you want?” He asked gruffly. Amber sighed and crouched down to be eye level with him.



“Do you know what’s going on with Kagome? Are you two still going out?” She asked, her tone serious. Koga laughed at the question shaking his head, his hair falling away from his unshaven face.



“I haven’t seen her for a month or so. Stupid bitch, blaming me for all her problems,” He grumbled back. Amber raised an eyebrow at him, before she glared at him.



“What did you do to her? Kagome would never blame anyone for anything,” Amber asked, her glare intensifying as Koga laughed again. He got up from his laid back position and cracked his back before meeting her eyes again.



“Apparently I got her knocked up. But it’s obvious it ain’t my kid, she’s just a slut,” Was his reply. Amber’s eyes widened and she stood up quickly. It made sense to her now, Kagome’s absence her sickness and emotional state. Her step-brother’s words swirled in her head again and she turned to him with an angry look.



“You’re an insensitive jerk. I bet you just abandoned her, I can’t believe you,” She practically yelled. Koga scoffed at her and scratched his head apathetically. Amber clenched her fists before she smacked him across his head and stormed from the room. She turned back a moment after and poked her head back in the door.



“I hope your having fun, because it’s all going to end once I call father and tell him about your partying problems”. She smiled sweetly at him and then left slamming the door after herself.










Kagome sighed tiredly and looked up at the ceiling from her position on the bathroom floor. She’d been there for at least an hour now. She knew she’d missed her science class again, which wasn’t good since she was already failing it.



There was a knock on the door and Kagome sat up slowly.



“Yeah,” She answered. Inuyasha popped his head in and smiled at her brightly.



“Feeling better?” He asked. Kagome shook her head and got to her feet to wash her face. Inuyasha’s smile slipped from his face and he sighed.



“Well, you had better just head back to bed and get some more rest. You can’t lay on the tile floor all day, it’ll only cause you more discomfort,” He told her. Kagome nodded and then patted dry her face with a towel.



“I can’t believe I passed out all night. Did you call Sango and tell her so she didn’t worry?” She asked. Inuyasha snorted.



“She called me this morning from Miroku’s, and practically screamed her head off that I didn’t call her the night before. I can say she was just contradicting herself since she didn’t call to check up like she said she would,” He chuckled. Kagome smiled at that and shook her head.



“I can’t believe she would stay over Miroku’s. They…didn’t do anything, right?” Kagome asked, suddenly concerned. Inuyasha snorted again.



“No, they talked the whole night and passed out on his couch watching some movie. Miroku was quite disappointed in himself that he couldn’t charm her into anything”. Kagome snorted too and then shook her head.



“He’s such a pervert,” She said. Inuyasha nodded in agreement, a chuckle escaping him again.



“Yeah, but he wouldn’t be the Miroku we know and love if he wasn’t. So, what do you want to do?” He asked. Kagome shrugged her shoulders, her sickness from before forgotten for the moment.



“I don’t know. I don’t really feel like going to class, but I have to go and find out what I missed in my science class. Maybe if I come up with a sad story my professor will take some pity on me and give me pity points,” She replied.



“You can borrow a shirt of mine and we’ll head out and do that now so we can have the rest of the day”.



“Fine, but I’m brining a bucket, just incase I need it. And I probably will, with the way you drive”.