InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Mystery Claim ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 4

Mystery Claim

Kagome had just got done eating and now she was on her way to Kaede's hut. Kaede was sitting outside of her hut. "Hello Kaede-sama." Kagome said.

"Hello Kagome." Kaede said. "Does your neck hurt?"

"Actually it doesn't. I'd forgotten about it until you said something." Kagome said touching the mark.

"So how are things with him? Have you seen him lately?" Kaede asked.

"Hai, I saw him yesterday." Kagome said. "He `borrowed' me for a couple of hours."

"Oh really?" Kaede said.

"Hai, he got hurt too. I fell out of a tree and he caught me and hurt his back." Kagome said.

"Is he ok now?" Kaede asked.

"Hai." Kagome said.

"That's good. I thought I'd teach you how to use herbs to heal pain." Kaede said. "Let's go inside the hut."

"Hai." Kagome said.

"You brought me extra leaves so I thought I'd teach you how to make it." Kaede said.

They both sat down in the hut. Kaede showed her what leaves to use and how much. She also told her how to keep them fresh. About thirty minutes later they were done. "Arigato Kaede-sama." Kagome said.

"Your welcome." Kaede said.

"I should get going. Sango and Miroku are supposed to come see me." Kagome said. "Bye."

"Bye." Kaede said.

Kagome walked back to her hut. She sat out in the front since it was a nice day. Sango and Miroku still hadn't come by. Maybe she missed them while she was at Kaede's. Kagome stood up and decided to go see them.

She started walking on the village path when she heard a snarl. She turned and looked into the forest. Seeing nothing she just kept walking. Suddenly she was grabbed from behind.

"Inu-" Kagome started. She thought it was him but saw that it wasn't. The guy was much faster. She could barely make out the trees they were passing. "What are you doing?" Kagome yelled.

The guy stopped and set Kagome down. She got a good look at him. He was tall and had on a black and gray chest plate. He had patches of brown fur on his shoulders and waist. He had a long tail and blue eyes. Around his head he had a fur headband and his hair was in a high ponytail. His hair went to his mid back and he had pointed ears.

He walked up close to her and sniffed her. "You smell good." He said.

Kagome stepped back. "What?" She said.

"I said you smell good." He said. "From now on you'll be my woman."

"What are you talking about? I don't even know you." Kagome said.

"That doesn't matter." The guy kept walking towards her.

"Get the hell away from her wolf!"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome shouted.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?" The wolf asked.

"I claimed her first." Inuyasha said.

"Who says I can't claim her either? It's only temporary."

"I won't let you." Inuyasha said.

"Ha! Like you could stop me, you worthless hanyou. I'll be back to claim her." The guy said and ran away.

He growled after him, but turned to face her, a worried look on his face. "Are you ok?" Inuyasha asked. "Did he hurt you?"

"No." Kagome said.

"What did he do?"

"He just grabbed me, ran into the forest, and sniffed me. He told me he was claiming me as his woman." Kagome said.

"Who is he?" Inuyasha asked.

"I don't know, he never told me his name. You came shortly after he said all that stuff." Kagome said. "Arigato."

"Keh. I just don't want him marking you." Inuyasha said. "Shouldn't you be getting back to your friends?"

"I would, but I don't know my way out." Kagome said.

Inuyasha bent down in front of her. "Get on." He said.

"You're joking." Kagome said.

"No, I'm not." Inuyasha said. "Get on."

Kagome climbed onto his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. Inuyasha breathed in her scent before jumping on the nearest tree. He gracefully jumped from tree to tree, getting closer to the paths of the village.

Inuyasha slowed down feeling her behind him. She was so warm. He could barely concentrate with her on his back. He could feel her breasts pressed against him. He shook his head of the thoughts and jumped to the ground at the edge of the forest.

Kagome slid down his back until her feet touched the ground. "Arigato." Kagome said as she smoothed out her yukata.

"No problem. I'll come get you when you come back." Inuyasha said leaping into the forest before she could say something.

Kagome watched as he disappeared behind the trees. "Kagome-chan."

Kagome turned around and saw Sango and Miroku coming from her village. "Sango, Miroku." Kagome waved. She walked towards them to meet half way.

"What are you doing here?" Sango asked.

"Let's go to my hut and I'll tell you there." Kagome said. They started walking towards her village. "I was grabbed by a youkai today."

"Another one?" Miroku asked.

"Hai, he took me into the woods, and said I was his woman." Kagome said. "Then Inuyasha came and they yelled at each other. The guy said he'd be back to claim me and then he left. Inuyasha brought me back here just now."

"It seems you are popular among youkai." Miroku said.

"Every time I try to go to your village I get taken into the forest." Kagome said.

"So what did Inuyasha do when he saw the youkai?" Sango asked.

"He yelled at him and said he claimed me first." Kagome said.

"How about we sit here in the grass, it's more private." Sango said. They nodded and sat down.

"It seems like Inuyasha is already being possessive." Miroku said.

"I hadn't noticed." Kagome said. "Kaede-sama taught me how to make herbs for pain. If you need any, I can get some."

"That's great. We can use it when we go on exterminations or exorcisms." Sango said.

"Ah, I heard the festival will be in two weeks." Miroku said.

"You should ask Inuyasha to go with you." Sango said.

Kagome blushed. "I barely know him." She said.

"The festival is in two weeks right? You can get to know him by then." Sango said.

"I don't know." Kagome said. "Even if I did ask him I don't think he'd want to go."

"You'll never know until you ask." Miroku said.

In the distance they heard a roar. Kirara was flying towards them in her large fire neko form. "You let Kohaku play with her again?" Kagome asked.

"Hai, I asked her to come get me when I needed to get home." Sango said. "Do you want a ride, Houshi-sama?"

"Hai, I must talk to Mushin about my arm." Miroku said.

"Ja ne." Kagome said.

"Ja ne." Sango and Miroku said as they got on Kirara.

Kagome sat in grass a little longer before deciding to get up. She turned around and screamed. She clutched her chest. "Don't do that!" She shouted.

"Do what?" Inuyasha asked.

"Suddenly appear like that. You scared me." Kagome said.

"I told you I'd come get you later." Inuyasha said.

"I didn't think it would be right after Sango and Miroku left." Kagome said.

"Keh." Inuyasha said and folded his arms.

"Did you want something?" Kagome asked.

"Not really." Inuyasha said.

"Then why did you almost scare me to death?" Kagome asked.

"Because I wanted to." Inuyasha said.

"That's great." Kagome said. She sighed and sat back down in the grass. Inuyasha sat down next to her. "Ne, Inuyasha where do you sleep at night?"

"On the Goshinboku." Inuyasha said.

"Isn't that uncomfortable?" Kagome asked.

"I like it." Inuyasha said.

"You just live in the forest? No hut or anything?" Kagome asked.

"No, I'm fine sleeping on the Goshinboku." Inuyasha said. "I don't need a home like you humans do."

"Don't you get cold at night?" Kagome asked.

"Sometimes." Inuyasha said. "What's with all the questions?"

"I just wanted to get to know you better." Kagome said.

Inuyasha stretched and laid down on the grass closing his eyes. He just wanted to be near her. Feel her presence and smell her scent. He began to growl in content when Kagome scratched his ears.

"What about your family?" Kagome asked. Inuyasha tensed at the memory of his family. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Inuyasha relaxed again and moved closer so he could lay his head in her lap. Kagome blushed but continued to rub his ears. The sound he was making was almost hypnotic. It made her want to fall asleep.

"What about your family?" Inuyasha asked.

"I have Okaa-san and my brother Souta. Otou-san passed away when I was ten." Kagome said. "Ji-chan passed away a year ago."

Inuyasha felt bad for asking her about it. He didn't want to tell her about his family and she willingly told him about hers. "I know how it feels to lose a parent." Inuyasha said. Kagome looked down at him. He had his eyes closed. "I lost Otou-san and Okaa-san when I was five."

Kagome gasped. "That's horrible." She said.

"Otou-san died protecting Okaa-san and me. Okaa-san died the same way. I had to fight to stay alive. Youkai wanted to kill me because I was a hanyou." Inuyasha said.

"You survived." Kagome said.

"Hai." Inuyasha said.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Hope you like it. Can you guess who the mystery guy is? As if his description didn't give it away, that and his arrogant attitude, not to mention his desire for Kagome. I think my computer problems are solved. Yay...for now. Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

I know this isn't the right fics but most of those who read this fic have read my other ones. I've gotten a lot of requests for a sequel to Running From The Past. I'm not sure what to do for the sequel. I have an idea if I include the jewel but I'm not sure it will work too well. E-mail me and give me some ideas. Leave a name so I can give you credit for your idea.

Thanks to puppy slave for editing love ya, reviewers, and readers.