InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ The Festival ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 10

The Festival

It was the night of the festival. Kagome was excited. Her mom had just helped her into her kimono. Sundown would be soon and she was supposed to meet Inuyasha before then. "Okaa-san, I'm leaving now." Kagome shouted.

"Have fun!" Her Okaa-san said.

"Hai." Kagome said as she headed out the door. She walked to the field.

~~~~

Inuyasha was already at the field waiting for Kagome. He wasn't really sure if he wanted to go to the festival but the look on Kagome's face when he asked her was already engraved in his mind. He wanted to see her like that again. That's why he was still going through with this. If he told her he didn't want to go she would probably be disappointed or worse, mad.

What would the village people think of a miko with a hanyou at a human festival? His Otou-san, Okaa-san, Kagome and her friends were about the only ones who accepted him as he is. He was sure the villagers wouldn't like it at all.

Inuyasha was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't smell Kagome's scent. He didn't realize she was there until her heard her footsteps almost directly behind him. He turned around and almost gasped.

Kagome was wearing a beautiful kimono. It was light pink with sakura petals all over. Her hair was up in a ponytail with some strands of hair in front of her face. "You look beautiful." Inuyasha said brushing the back of his hand across her cheek.

Kagome blushed. "Arigato." She smiled shyly.

Inuyasha smiled and kissed her. "Let's go." Inuyasha said as he grabbed her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had just gone down when Miroku saw his definition of beauty. Sango was waiting for him with her back turned away from him. She was watching the sun go down. She had a blue kimono on with flowers on it and her hair was down.

"Sango." Miroku said when he found his voice.

Sango turned around and smiled. "Shall we go?" Miroku asked.

Sango nodded. Miroku held out his hand. Sango blushed and grabbed his hand.

~~~~

Inuyasha and Kagome walked down towards the festival. When they got there many people started to stare. Some women gasped and others murmured words into other people's ears. Inuyasha could hear the whispers.

"Look at that half breed."

"Why is he here?"

"Is that Kagome with the half breed?" His ears drooped when he heard that comment. Was he not good enough for her?

"Come on Inuyasha." Kagome smiled. She tugged on his hand. She was so disappointed in the villagers. She had thought they accepted people. She saw when Inuyasha's ears drooped. Suppressing the urge to yell at the villagers they kept walking.

Sango and Miroku were walking through the village too. "It's beautiful." Sango said. There were streamers flowing from hut to hut. Lamps were hung from both corners of every hut, lighting the night. Stands for food, games, merchants, and much more were set up between the huts, occupying the empty space.

Many villagers were gathered in groups. They were laughing and talking. Miroku and Sango noticed most of the whispering. They shrugged it off and walked around looking at various things while conversing deeply. Both were happy to be at the festival together.

~~~~

Inuyasha and Kagome continued to walk and ignore the villager's stares. Inuyasha could only take so much of their eyes staring at him. He was about to yell out when Kagome squeezed his hand. "Let's go back to the field we were at earlier." Kagome said.

Inuyasha nodded. He picked Kagome up and jumped onto the nearest hut. The villagers all gasped and pointed. They were still confused as to why a miko would walk around with a hanyou and then be carried off by him.

Inuyasha set Kagome down when they got to the field. "Are you sure you're okay with leaving? I thought you wanted to go." Inuyasha asked.

Kagome sat down in the grass with her legs under her. "You were uncomfortable there." Kagome said. "The villagers were probably whispering bad things about you. You could hear, it couldn't you?"

Inuyasha nodded. "I'm used to it." He said as he sat down next to Kagome cross-legged.

"You shouldn't have to get used to it." Kagome said. "I thought the villagers were accepting of everyone."

"They always seem that way until a youkai or hanyou show up." Inuyasha said.

"Gomen." Kagome said. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault." Inuyasha said. "I knew something like this would happen."

"Then why did you ask me to go?" Kagome said.

"Because I thought you'd like to go." Inuyasha said.

"I'd rather do something both of us like than just one of us." Kagome said.

"Well you were happy when I asked." Inuyasha said.

"Are you trying to blame me?" Kagome asked. She sat up and looked at him.

"What? No. I just went to make you happy." Inuyasha said.

"Oh. Well, you didn't have to." Kagome said. "I don't want you to go through something you don't want to."

Inuyasha nodded. She was so easy to get along with and so understanding. Then he remembered that tonight was the end of the week. "Kagome." Inuyasha said.

"Nani?" Kagome said turning towards him.

"Can I mark you again?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome blushed as she nodded. She didn't even need time to think about it. She already knew the answer before he asked her. Two days ago she realized that the end of the week was on the day of the festival.

Inuyasha moved Kagome's hair to the other side of her neck. He pulled her into his lap and kissed her neck. Kagome's hands fisted at the front of his haori. He licked her neck and gently bit down on her silky skin.

Inuyasha licked the blood away and looked at her. His head jerked in the direction of the village. "Inuyasha?" Kagome said.

"The village is being attacked." Inuyasha said.

"What?" Kagome said as she stood up.

"Stay here." Inuyasha said.

"I want to go too." Kagome said.

"Stay here. I don't want you getting hurt." Inuyasha said. He took off so she couldn't argue. Normally he wouldn't help villages with youkai problems but he didn't want to see the sad look on Kagome's face after she found out. She probably knew most of the people that lived there.

Kagome started running towards the village. She couldn't just stand there and do nothing. Even though she couldn't do much she would try to help. She was about half way to the village when she saw Kirara. "Kirara." Kagome called to the transformed neko.

Kirara flew towards her. She had hiraikotsu on her back. "Were you taking this to Sango?" Kagome asked. Kirara nodded. "Can you give me a ride?"

Kirara nodded and leaned down so Kagome could get on. She grabbed hiraikotsu and held on. Kirara flew through the air once Kagome was on. She was sniffing out Sango's scent so she could find her.

There were hundreds of youkai torturing the village. All different kinds were attacking. Kirara spotted Sango and ran towards her. "Kirara, Kagome!" Sango yelled. Kirara stopped next to her and let Kagome down.

"Are you all right?" Kagome asked Sango.

"Hai, I'm fine." Sango said.

"What happened?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know. Youkai just came from everywhere and started attacking." Sango said.

"I came to help." Kagome said.

Sango nodded and went off to protect some villagers. Throwing hiraikotsu she took three youkai out in one swing and three more when it came back to her.

Kagome looked around for Inuyasha. He wasn't anywhere in sight. She heard someone yell and recognized his voice. "Inuyasha!" Kagome shouted. He landed right next to her.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stay put." Inuyasha said. He picked her up and jumped to a different location.

"I told you I want to help." Kagome said.

Inuyasha picked her up and jumped to another spot when a youkai swung his tail at them. He put Kagome down and quickly rid of the youkai. "I'm taking you somewhere safe." Inuyasha said.

"No, I want to help." Kagome said.

"You need to go somewhere sa-"

"Watch out!" Miroku interrupted.

A bird youkai was swooping down on them. Inuyasha pulled Kagome to the ground and killed the youkai. Suddenly the ground began to shake. Everyone stopped and tried to stand up. Even the youkai had fallen to the ground.

Everyone looked towards the forest. A youkai came from out of the forest. No one knew how they didn't notice him earlier. He was taller than all the trees. He stopped in front of the village and all the youkai from earlier scattered and ran under his legs, back into the forest. "Shikon no Tama." The youkai growled.

Inuyasha looked up at the youkai. He looked like a tall lion with a man's face. He was only standing on two legs. "Did you summon those youkai to attack the village?" Inuyasha asked.

"It was easy for someone like me." The youkai said.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Inuyasha yelled.

"Shikon no Tama." The youkai said again.

Inuyasha looked back at Kagome. They still weren't sure if she had it or not. More than likely the youkai would be after her like the one's before him. "There is no such thing." Inuyasha yelled up.

"There is. I can sense it." They youkai said. He looked down towards Kagome. "She is the one."

"She doesn't have it." Inuyasha said.

"I can sense it within her." The youkai said.

Miroku and Sango heard the youkai and vaguely remembered the conversation with Kaede a while ago. They ran and stood in front of Kagome to protect her. The youkai roared and reached towards her.

Inuyasha growled and swiped at the hand before it reached Kagome. "Move aside hanyou." The youkai growled. He swung his fist at him and knocked him back.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome shouted.

Miroku and Sango stopped her from running towards him. "Don't go, that youkai will get you!" Miroku said.

Sango through her weapon at the youkai. It didn't even pierce through the skin of the youkai. "It didn't work." Sango said. She couldn't get any higher because Kirara had been knocked out earlier.

The youkai pushed past Miroku and Sango, knocking them back several feet. Kagome yelled out their names. She threw a barrier around herself as the youkai's hand tried to grab her. The villagers could only watch in fear.

The youkai pounded on the barrier. "Ha! Your barrier is weak." The youkai said. Soon the barrier cracked. "You are not powerful enough."

Kagome screamed as the youkai's hand enclosed around her body. He brought her to eye level. "Give me the Shikon no Tama." The youkai growled.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Kagome said as she struggled to get away.

The demon squeezed Kagome and watched as she screamed. "Kagome-chan!" Sango shouted.

"Kagome-sama!" Miroku yelled.

Kagome could only feel pain as the youkai squeezed her body. She screamed as he held her tighter in his hand. Suddenly she started to glow a blue and white. The youkai felt his hand grow hot. His hand burned off at his wrist. He roared in pain as Kagome fell to the ground.

Everyone watched in horror as she fell towards them.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Oh no! Will she fall to her death? Hope you like this chapter. I guess my writer's block is over. It passed quickly. Hopefully it will be the last time I have it. Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

Editor's Note: Now it's fixed up! Hope you can appreciate the spelling/grammar/other errors and mistakes I cleaned up. *whispers* Don't tell her this, but she makes a lot of mistakes! *cough* Now, as they were, enjoy the fic!