InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 12

Recovery

"Souta?" Kagome said.

Souta walked into Kaede's hut after he heard Kagome's voice. "Nee-chan?" Souta said. He was a little shocked to see her in the lap of some guy.

"Souta, what are you doing here?" Kagome asked. She put her bowl of soup down.

"I wanted to see how you were feeling. Who's that?" Souta asked as he looked at Inuyasha.

"This is Inuyasha." Kagome said.

"What are you doing in his lap?" Souta asked. "Is he your boyfriend? Okaa-san was right."

"Right about what?" Kagome asked.

"Okaa-san thought you had a boyfriend because you were always gone. She knew you weren't with Sango or Miroku the whole time." Souta said. "You have ears? Are you a youkai?"

"I'm a hanyou." Inuyasha said. "I'm half dog demon."

"Can you lift heavy things and jump high and are your claws sharp and do you have dog senses and-" Souta started saying.

"I can't answer that many questions at once, slow down." Inuyasha said.

"Can you lift heavy things?" Souta asked.

"Hai."

"Can you jump high?"

"Hai."

"Are your claws sharp?"

"Hai."

"Do you have inu senses?"

"Hai, I can smell and hear well."

"Awesome!" Souta cried excitedly.

"You're not scared of me?" Inuyasha asked.

"Of course not. If Kagome is hanging around you, then there's nothing to be scared of." Souta said.

"Not everyone hates people because of their blood." Kagome smiled.

"I guess not." Inuyasha said.

"I'm going to go now. I just wanted to see if you're okay. Okaa-san said she hopes you feel better." Souta said. He waved goodbye and left the hut.

"Are you going to eat now?" Kagome asked. "I can sit up by myself."

"You should be laying down." Inuyasha said.

"Fine, I'll lay down, if it'll make you feel better." Kagome said.

"It would." Inuyasha said.

Kagome laid down and pulled the blanket up to her chin. All of a sudden she felt really tired. She yawned as her eyelids became heavy. "Go to sleep." Inuyasha said.

"But-"

"Don't give me that I'm not tired crap. I know you are. Go to sleep." Inuyasha said. Kagome nodded and fell asleep as soon as her eyes closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days later Kagome was feeling better. She had never been so tired before. She had slept most of the time. Only waking up to eat or use the bathroom. Sango and Miroku had stopped by to visit but she was always sleeping.

"Arigato Kaede-sama." Kagome said. During the two days she was asleep she had been at Kaede's.

"Just be sure to get plenty of rest." Kaede said.

"Hai." Kagome said. She walked out of the hut and headed home. Her Okaa-san had visited once while she was awake. Souta had also visited to see Inuyasha.

Inuyasha had left the hut early that morning knowing Kagome was going home. He had stayed with her the whole time. He watched her sleep and kept her company while she was awake.

Kagome walked into her hut. "Okaa-san, I'm back." She said.

"Kagome, how are you feeling?" Okaa-san asked as she hugged Kagome.

"Better." Kagome said. "I just needed to sleep."

"Would you like something to eat? I could make something."

"I ate before I left." Kagome said.

"Oh. Well, Sango and Miroku stopped by a couple of times to see if you were back."

"I'll go see them later." Kagome said.

"Kagome, who's Inuyasha?"

Kagome tensed and stopped. She turned around and sat down. "Well...Inuyasha marked me as his potential mate." Kagome said quietly.

"How come you never told me?"

"I was trying to get used to the idea. I never learned about youkai mating." Kagome said.

"Well, I would like to meet him." She smiled.

"You're not mad?" Kagome asked.

"Of course not. Your of age, I just wanted to know why you were gone all the time."

"Gomen, I should've told you earlier."

"I'll forgive you because I want to meet him."

"Ah...well, I'll talk to him." Kagome said.

"Good."

Kagome stood up. "I'm going to the field. I've been locked up inside too long."

Kagome's Okaa-san laughed. "Hai, I know how you are." She said.

It was pretty warm. It wasn't too cold or hot. The perfect weather for bathing. Kagome walked towards the river to take a quick bath. When she got to the river she dipped her foot into the water to test the temperature. It was warm.

Kagome untied the sash and shrugged off her kimono. She sighed as she waded in the water. She leaned on one of the rocks that was submerged half way into the water. After a while she dunked her head under water.

~~~~

Inuyasha was running around in the forest when he caught Kagome's scent. He thought she would be resting. Since she was around he thought he'd go see her. Her scent was coming from the river.

When he got to the river Kagome wasn't there. Suddenly she came out of the water. Inuyasha froze and stared at the woman in front of him. He could see the water trickling down her body. He saw her perfect figure.

Kagome smoothed back her hair and had the feeling she was being watched. She opened her eyes and gasped. She quickly turned around and ducked under water. Inuyasha quickly turned around. "Gomen! I didn't know you were there." Inuyasha said. He was trying real hard to get the image of her out of his mind.

"What are you doing here?" Kagome asked. Her face was redder than his clothing.

"I picked up your scent and came to see you." Inuyasha said. "I didn't know you were bathing."

"Well, I am." Kagome said. She turned her head to see if he was still looking. His back was turned. "Can you go so I can get dressed?"

Inuyasha nodded and walked further into the forest. He hoped she wasn't mad. He hadn't meant to stare. Once he saw her voluptuous body he couldn't stop looking. Never in his life had he seen someone so beautiful.

"I'm dressed." Kagome called to him, the blush was still on her face.

"Sorry." Inuyasha muttered when she came into view.

"It's okay." Kagome said. "Did you want something?"

"No, but shouldn't you be resting?" Inuyasha asked.

"I don't want to be stuck inside. I need fresh air so I decided to take a bath." Kagome said.

"Oh." Inuyasha said. He bent down in front of her. "Let's go."

"Go where?" Kagome asked.

"You want some fresh air right? Get on my back." Inuyasha said.

Kagome didn't know what he was going to do but got on his back anyway. Once she was on he jumped into the air and onto the nearest tree. She knew what he was talking about now. The wind was blowing through her hair. The breeze felt good.

"Better?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome held on tighter and nodded into his hair. "Arigato."

"This is better than you walking around getting yourself into more danger." Inuyasha said.

Inuyasha kept running until they were at the Goshinboku. He landed on a branch and lowered Kagome off of his back. "You really like this tree don't you?" Kagome asked.

"I told you before. I'm comfortable here." Inuyasha said. "There's just something about it."

"Like it's calling you?" Kagome asked.

"Something like that." Inuyasha said. He sat down against the trunk of the tree and pulled Kagome into his lap. The tension from earlier was gone now.

Kagome snuggled into Inuyasha as the sun shone on them. Something caught Kagome attention. "Inuyasha." Kagome asked.

"What?" Inuyasha asked.

"What's that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Sorry it took so long to get this done. Writer's block came back and I'm having some family problems right now. What caught Kagome's attention? Something good or bad? Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

Thanks to my puppy slave for editing.

Editor's note: Dang, I hope it ain't nothing bad...even I don't know what it is.