InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Kitsune ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 15

Kitsune

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and jumped down from the branch he had been comfortably sitting in. With a soft thump he landed and stood Kagome up. "Where was it supposed to be again?" Inuyasha asked.

"The same place where you found the Tetsusaiga." Myoga yelled. "Have you not listened to a word I said?"

"All you do is give me useless information about a rusted piece of crap. Why should I listen to you?" Inuyasha asked.

"I am your loyal retainer." Myoga said.

"You aren't loyal. You run when there's danger around." Inuyasha said. "You'd rather save your ass than help me."

"Inuyasha, will you quit arguing and get the sheath?" Kagome said.

Inuyasha grumbled but started to remove the bark from the area he had found the katana. He soon found a black sheath and continued to dig it out. Once removed from the tree the Tetsusaiga at his hip pulsed. He removed the Tetsusaiga and placed it in its sheath ignoring the pulse from earlier.

"Are you happy now?" Inuyasha asked. "Can I go back to what I was doing before?"

"What were you doing?" Myoga asked.

"I was trying to have a conversation with Kagome before you interrupted me." Inuyasha said angrily.

"Was that what you were doing? By the looks of it you were being a little more intimate than that." Myoga said.

"If you don't leave within the next ten seconds, I'll flatten you like the rotten little demon flea you are." Inuyasha growled.

Myoga bowed quickly and was gone within two seconds of Inuyasha's threat. "Finally." Inuyasha said. He placed the Tetsusaiga at his hip.

"Did you have to be so mean to him?" Kagome asked.

"Did you want him to stick around and embarrass you some more?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome blushed and shook her head. "You could have been a little less rude though." She said.

"Myoga's too damn thickheaded. You have to threaten him or he won't listen." Inuyasha said.

"I'm sure if you asked nicely he would've left." Kagome said.

"You're too damn nice. I'm not the courteous type of person." Inuyasha said. He picked Kagome up and jumped up to the spot he had been sitting at before they were interrupted.

"You are to me." Kagome said.

"That's different." Inuyasha said.

"Sure it is." Kagome said.

"What other people think of me doesn't matter. What you think of me matters." Inuyasha said.

"So, you're being nice to me to get me to like you?" Kagome asked a little hurt.

"No, I'm being nice because you're the only one who deserves it." Inuyasha said. He leaned towards her and kissed her to stop any other arguments that might come.

_________________________

Miroku had finally gotten Sango alone. After he left to apologize she had somehow managed to slip past him in the village. She refused to talk to him and made excuses saying she needed to help someone or finish her duties. Now she had no where to go. Her family had gone to help fix the fallen huts from the youkai attacks and Sango was left at home to finish her daily duties.

"Sango." Miroku said from behind her. She was getting water from the river.

Sango froze at the monk's voice. All day she had been trying to avoid him. "I'm busy, Houshi-sama." She said in an angry voice.

"I know that you are still angry with me about earlier and I wanted to apologize. My actions were horrid and I shouldn't have violated you like I did." Miroku said.

"So you say. Tomorrow you will be doing the same thing then apologize for it and I'll forgive you. I'm tired of this never-ending cycle. Why should I believe you are sorry?" Sango asked.

"I am sorry. I do not think before I act when it comes to you. Everything is based on instincts, and I cannot help but touch you." Miroku said. "I will try my best to stop my perverted actions."

Sango sighed as she once again forgave him. "I will forgive since you sound like you mean it." She said. Picking up the pail she began to walk to her hut.

"Allow me to carry that for you." Miroku said as he took the pail from her.

They walked towards her hut in a comfortable silence.

_________________

"Inuyasha, I have to leave." Kagome said.

"Why?"

"Because I have to see Kaede about my lessons."

"What lessons?"

"My miko ones. She's supposed to provide me some guidance on controlling my powers." Kagome said.

"Fine, but I'm going with you."

"It'll be boring." Kagome said.

"I'm still going. You get yourself into too much trouble." Inuyasha said and jumped out of the tree without warning.

"I'm not going to sit with you in that tree if you keep doing that." Kagome said once they landed safely.

"I thought you'd be used to it by now." Inuyasha chuckled.

"It's not funny. Every time you do that you take years off my life baka." Kagome said.

"Keh." Inuyasha said. He stopped suddenly and sniffed around.

"What is it?" Kagome asked.

"Blood. Lots of it." Inuyasha said.

"Is someone hurt?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know." Inuyasha said. "I'm going to check it out."

"I'm coming with you." Kagome said. She jumped on his back so he couldn't argue.

Inuyasha ran through the forest sniffing for the injured person. The scent was becoming stronger. "Kitsune." Inuyasha said.

"Kitsune?" Kagome said.

He stopped and lowered Kagome off of his back. Looking towards their right they saw a kitsune child on the ground. He was covered in blood. Kagome got down and picked him up. "He's still alive." Kagome said.

The kit opened his eyes and looked around. "Okaa-san, Otou-san." He cried. "They're dead."

"Dead?" Kagome said.

"Otou-san died saving me." The kitsune said.

"That's horrible." Kagome said.

"What's your name? Are you going to hurt me?" The kit asked.

"Of course I won't hurt you." Kagome said. "My name is Kagome."

"My name is Shippo." He sniffled. "And I'm all alone now."

"Let's get your wounds cleaned up." Kagome smiled.

"Hai." Shippo said. "Arigato."

"Inuyasha, can you take us to Kaede-sama's?" Kagome asked.

"Get on." Inuyasha bent down so Kagome could climb on. Kagome adjusted herself so she could hold onto Inuyasha and make sure Shippo wasn't being squished. Once they were settled Inuyasha took off towards Kaede's.

Inuyasha stopped in front of Kaede's hut. Kagome got off of Inuyasha's back and ran into Kaede's hut. "Kaede-sama, I need your help." Kagome said.

"What is it child?" Kaede asked.

"This is Shippo, we found him in the woods. He's been hurt." Kagome said.

"Let me take a look at him." Kaede said. She looked at the wounds. They were light and with his youkai healing, he'd be fine by tomorrow. "He's fine. He'll be healed tomorrow. I'll bandage the wounds so they don't get infected."

"Arigato." Kagome said.

After his wounds were clean and bandaged up Shippo fell asleep. Kaede signaled for Kagome to step out of the hut. Once they were outside Kaede sat down. "What happened?" She asked.

"Inuyasha smelled blood, so we went and found Shippo. He said his parents were killed. His Otou-san died saving him. He said he was alone now and I couldn't just leave him." Kagome said.

"Who will take care of the young one now? If he is alone, he won't survive for long. No one in the village will want to care for a young youkai." Kaede said.

"I'll take care of him." Kagome said. "I'm sure Okaa-san will help out too."

"You're going to take care of a youkai?" Inuyasha asked.

"Why not?" Kagome asked.

"Youkai are hard for humans to watch over, especially kitsune. They love to play tricks." Inuyasha said.

"I'll be fine." Kagome said. "I can't just leave him alone."

"If you are up to the challenge, then good luck to you." Kaede said. "He can stay in the hut until he wakes up. I must go check on a couple of the villagers. We can start your lessons when your settled with Shippo."

"Hai, arigato Kaede-sama." Kagome said.

"Anytime." Kaede said and she walked to a nearby hut.

"You're going to take care of the kit?" Inuyasha asked.

"I already said yes." Kagome said.

"You are too nice." Inuyasha asked. "You know nothing about him, and your going to take him in."

"Well I can't just leave him alone. Besides, Okaa-san would love to help out. She's been wanting me to hurry up and get married so she can have grandchildren." Kagome blushed.

Inuyasha turned around to hide his smile. He would love for her to have his pups. He shook his head to clear his mind of the thoughts. It was too soon to think of those thoughts. Although he couldn't help the images that popped up in his head.

"He's awake." Inuyasha's ears twitched.

Kagome walked into the hut and saw Shippo looking around. "Be careful of your wounds." She said.

"Where am I?" Shippo asked.

"You're in Kaede-sama's hut. She bandaged your wounds. You should be healed by tomorrow." Kagome said.

"Okaa-san and Otou-san are gone." Shippo cried.

Kagome walked over to him and sat down. She picked him up and hugged him. "It'll be all right." Kagome said.

"I'm all alone. Where am I going to go?" Shippo said.

"Shippo, if you want, you can stay with me." Kagome said.

"Really? Y-y-you don't mind?" Shippo asked.

"I don't mind." Kagome said. "We'll get to know each other."

"Arigato." Shippo said as he threw his arms around her neck and hugged her.

Inuyasha watched the whole scene from the doorway. Kagome would be a great mother someday.

_______________________________________________________________ _______________

All finished! Hope you like it. It's a little longer I hope. Let me know what you think. Ja ne.


Thanks to my puppy slave for editing, my rabid fan girl for keeping him in line while I was gone, readers for reading, reviewers for reviewing. Love ya!