InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ A New Threat ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 19

A New Threat

The next morning Inuyasha nudged Kagome awake. "Oi, wake up. Sango made breakfast." Inuyasha whispered into her ear. He smirked when Kagome shivered. So her neck was sensitive. That also reminded him he needed to remark her again. He'd forgotten all about it. The mark was barely visible now.

Inuyasha jumped down to the ground and started walking towards the hot spring. "Where are you going? I just made breakfast." Sango said.

"I'll be back in a minute." Inuyasha kept walking with Kagome in his arms.

"I have a feeling he's going to wake her up." Miroku smiled.

"You're still a hentai, even this early in the morning." Sango mumbled and handed Miroku a bowl of soup.

~~~~

Inuyasha sat down cross-legged in front of the hot spring. "Kagome, Kagome wake up." He shook her gently. Still not waking up he bit down on her neck just enough to get her to wake. She gasped as she opened her eyes. Not that it hurt or anything but it she didn't expect that kind of waking.

Inuyasha licked the spot he'd bitten in apology. "Inuyasha?" Kagome said.

"I was waking you up." Inuyasha smiled.

"Oh." Kagome said looking around at her surroundings. She noticed they weren't in the tree they were sleeping in. "Where are we?"

"We're at the hot springs."

"Why?" Kagome asked.

"Because it's been over a week since I last marked you." Inuyasha nuzzled her neck.

"Oh, I'd forgotten about that. A lot of stuff has happened the last couple of days." Kagome said trying to keep her blush down.

"Can I mark you again?" Inuyasha licked the side of her neck in a long stroke.

Not able to find her voice she nodded. Inuyasha licked the place of the marking before sinking his fangs into her skin. Kagome bit back a moan as his tongue lapped at the blood. Every time it got more and more pleasurable for her. She didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Inuyasha captured her lips in a gentle kiss. It had been far too long since he'd kissed her. Even though he got a goodnight kiss from her last night, well stole one was more like it. He licked her lips for entrance and was granted access. His tongue brushed against hers as he pulled her closer.

"Eww." Shippo interrupted.

"Oi, brat what are you doing here?" Inuyasha yelled as Kagome hid behind him.

"Sango told me to get you." Shippo said. "I didn't know you were kissing Kagome."

"Let's just go eat." Kagome said quickly and headed towards camp.

Inuyasha sighed knowing that having moments alone with her were going to be rare now that they were traveling. He'd just have to try harder. He stood up and followed Kagome back to camp. "What took you so long?" Sango asked.

"Sango, the act of waking someone up takes time." Miroku smiled lecherously.

"What?" Kagome shouted. She turned to Inuyasha. "What did you tell him?"

"I didn't tell him anything. The lecher is assuming things." Inuyasha defended himself.

"Miroku!" Kagome shouted.

"Gomen." Miroku held his hands up in an innocent gesture. "I was just saying."

"Inuyasha and Kagome were kissing, that's why they took so long." Shippo blurted.

"Shippo!" Kagome shouted for the millionth time that morning.

"What it's true." Shippo shrugged.

"So I wasn't that far off, was I?" Miroku murmured.

Inuyasha's ears twitched. "I heard that." He said.

"Ah, I forgot about your hearing." Miroku laughed nervously. "I meant nothing by it."

"Can we just eat so we can go?" Kagome said with a light blush on her face.

"Hai." Sango said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast the group packed their things and started north once again. They reached the nearby village within an hour. As they passed people stared at them whispering into each other's ears. One of the villagers visibly gulped and walked up to the group. "Sir, would you happen to be a houshi?" He asked.

"Hai, I am." Miroku said.

The villagers looked relieved with his answer. "Houshi-sama, we would like to ask for your assistance." The villager said.

"Hai, we've been attacked by youkai for some days now." Another villager said.

"Is there any reason the youkai would attack?" Miroku asked.

"No, we've done nothing to upset anyone and we have nothing of value here." The first villager replied.

"Hmm, I don't see why they would attack." Miroku said. He turned to his companions and whispered. "Should we help them out?"

"Of course. We can't just leave them like this." Kagome said.

"This may set us back a day or so." Miroku said.

"Does it matter? This village is being attacked." Kagome said. "Information on the jewel can wait."

Miroku turned back to the villager. "My companions and I have decided that we will help you." Miroku announced.

"Arigato Houshi-sama. Follow me, so we can discuss this in private. I don't want to frighten the children." The villager said. "My name is Shuichi."

They all followed Shuichi into one of the huts nearby. Another villager accompanied them. They all walked inside. Inuyasha sat near the door with Kagome next to him. Shippo was in Kagome's lap. On the other side of the door Miroku sat next to Sango who had Kirara in her lap. Shuichi and the other villager sat against the wall across from the group.

"This is Aki." Shuichi said.

"So what does the youkai look like?" Miroku asked.

"We've been attacked by different kinds of youkai. The first night a neko youkai killed a young woman and left. The next night we were attacked by a lone wolf youkai. He injured a young man and left. The next night a bird youkai attacked and flew away with one of the children. Last night a snake youkai poisoned some of horses." Shuichi said.

"Then there must be a youkai hiring them to attack." Miroku said.

"You said you've done nothing out of the ordinary?" Kagome asked.

"No, we've done nothing but kept to ourselves." Aki said.

"Let's go check it out." Kagome said. "We should find the youkai that's hiring the others."

"We should check the forest nearby. Inuyasha, did you smell anything unusual?" Miroku asked.

"There is the scent of death around, but it's old." Inuyasha said. "I don't smell any youkai but the forest is far."

"Ano...is your friend a youkai?" Aki asked.

"Hai, he is a hanyou." Miroku said.

"Ah I was wondering about the ears." Aki said.

"If you have a problem with my ears, we could leave you all to rot." Inuyasha said angrily.

"No, we have no problem. I was just curious. Sorry to have asked." Aki said.

"Keh." Inuyasha said. "If we're going to look, I suggest we leave now."

"Hai, let's get going." Kagome stood up and grabbed her bow and arrows. Sango stood and grabbed her taijiya outfit.

"Isn't it wise for the women to stay in the village?" Shuichi asked.

"Even though they are women, they can protect themselves. Kagome is a miko and Sango is a taijiya. They're skills are impressive." Miroku said.

"Ah." Shuichi stood up. "I can show you where they usually come out. They come and go from the same path."

They all followed Shuichi towards the forest area at the edge of the village. Aki stayed behind in case the youkai showed up again. "This is the path." Shuichi pointed towards a narrow path. Branches and bushes were broken and squished.

"Be careful. I smell something strange. I can't tell what youkai it is. I've never smelled anything like it before." Inuyasha warned.

They all walked on the path through the forest. The farther they got the darker the area got. They could barely see the sun shining through the trees. It was there only source of light and it barely showed through. As they walked they ended up in a strange clearing. The trees blocked most of the light that shown through. It was strange for a clearing to be in the middle of such a dark forest. Someone had made it. They could see where plants used to be.

"Be careful." Inuyasha said.

Kagome shivered. She got the feeling that something wasn't right. Suddenly she was grabbed from behind and lifted into the treetops. "Kagome!" Shippo shouted. He was dropped out of her arms as she was dragged upwards.

Inuyasha turned around to look for her when he caught her scent in front of him. "Put her down you bastard!" Inuyasha growled. Miroku and Sango took defensive stances behind him and Kirara transformed.

A male youkai had an arm around her waist and another over her mouth to keep her from screaming. He was so pale he was almost white and his clothing were unusual robes that was a pale yellow color. He had beautiful white wings. "Ah, but I sense a strong power within her. You have the Shikon no Tama do you not?" The youkai said as the hand around her mouth left in favor of trailing his finger against her neck.

Inuyasha growled even louder at the demon that was touching her. "Put her down or you'll regret even coming near her!" Inuyasha yelled.

The youkai chuckled and grabbed Kagome's arm twisting it behind her. She winced trying not to cry out from the pain. In an action so fast they could barely see a blur, Inuyasha had grabbed Kagome from the youkai's grasp. He wrapped an arm around her waist and held out the tetsusaiga.

"I am Koro, a rare youkai. I know each and everyone of your deepest desires. Give me the miko and I can grant your wishes." Koro said.

"Koro?" Miroku murmured.

"Houshi, you wish to be rid of your curse and have an heir. Young Taijiya, you wish for a lover to treat you like a woman, and not a warrior. Kitsune, you wish for an Okaa and Otou. Hanyou, you wish to become a full demon. You believe your human blood is a weakness." Koro said.

Everyone thought about it and realized he was right. He really was able to sense their deepest desires. Koro looked to Kagome. "You...you have no real desire. I can sense no want from you." He explained. "This is the first time I've ever run across someone who wanted nothing."

"What is the Shikon no Tama? Why do you want it?" Kagome asked.

"You have the jewel, yet you know nothing of its power? It is a jewel that makes the user even more powerful than you can imagine." Koro said. "I do not want it. I am to obtain it for my master."

"Who is your master?" Inuyasha asked.

"Naraku-sama. He is a very powerful youkai and will stop at nothing to have the jewel." Koro said.

"You can't have the damn jewel!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Hai, we do not even know if Kagome has it or not." Miroku explained.

"She has it. Can you not sense the power from her? It is different from her miko powers." Koro said.

"Why are you attacking the village?" Kagome asked. "What did the villagers do to you?"

"It was an order from Naraku-sama. He knew you were seeking information on the jewel and planned ahead. He knew you would seek me out if I attacked." Koro said.

"He's watching us?" Kagome asked.

"He's watching you." Koro said. "He cares nothing for your companions. He wants the jewel and is taken by you. You greatly resemble the miko Kikyo. He was infatuated with her."

"Tell that bastard that he can't have the jewel and to stay away from Kagome!" Inuyasha growled.

"You can tell him yourself when he comes for the miko, since your not willing to give her up now. I'm done terrorizing the village." Koro smiled and disappeared.

"So our enemy is Naraku?" Miroku asked. "I wonder if he's the same as the one who put the curse in my hand?"

"I guess we'll find out when he comes." Kagome said quietly. She kept her head down and started walking back towards the village.

Inuyasha stared after her. "Why don't you go talk to her Inuyasha?" Sango said. "We'll go talk to the villagers and tell them the youkai attacks are over."

Inuyasha nodded and ran after her. He didn't have to run far, she was sitting near a tree. "Kagome." Inuyasha whispered. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Kagome said. "I was just thinking about what Koro said."

"Don't listen to him." Inuyasha said as he sat next to her. "Naraku won't lay his hands on you."

Kagome didn't say anything. She continued to look down at the ground wondering if she really had the Shikon no Tama. She couldn't sense it within herself. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him trying to offer whatever comfort he could.

"Do you...do you really want to become a full demon?" Kagome asked.

Inuyasha stayed quiet for a while before he answered. "I did. I haven't really thought of it since I met you." He said.

"Why? Why do you want to change who you are?" Kagome asked.

"I've been hated all of my life because of my human blood." Inuyasha said . "I don't want to become human because of their fragile lives."

Kagome stayed quiet. She didn't want him to change, she liked him for who he was. "I don't want you to change." She whispered and she leaned into him.

Inuyasha smiled. All his life he'd waited for someone to say that. For the first time in his life someone other than family accepted him and liked him the way he was. "Let's head back." Inuyasha said.

Kagome nodded and stood up. Inuyasha stood up and tensed. He smelt a scent that he never wanted to smell again. "Inuyasha?" Kagome said. She could feel him tense then he started growling.

"It's been a long time hasn't it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Hope you like it. Who is it that Inuyasha smelled? Does anyone know? It's probably obvious. Find out for sure in the next chapter! Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

Thanks to my puppy slave for editing, readers, and reviewers.