InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Bad Feeling ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 26

Bad Feeling

The next morning Inuyasha woke up feeling better. The pain was still there but the smell of Kagome's scent wrapped around him comforted him somewhat. He opened his eyes to find himself holding Kagome tightly to him. He hadn't even realized when he did this or that's he'd done it.

Kagome turned around but still slept. Now she was facing him. They were centimeters apart from their faces touching. Inuyasha's eyes softened as he gazed at her. She looked so angelic and peaceful. As if every bad thing was forgotten. He held her tighter wishing he could make the bad stuff go away.

He was so absorbed in holding Kagome he hadn't heard footsteps coming towards them. "Good mor-" Ms. Higurashi started but suddenly stopped when she saw them. "Gomen, I didn't mean to interrupt."

Before Inuyasha could explain, she was already gone and Kagome was beginning to stir. She opened her eyes and looked around for a while before noticing how close they were. She blushed bright red and sat up.

"Sleep well?" She asked, trying not to look at him. She was embarrassed to wake up in his arms, especially in her own home.

Inuyasha chuckled. "Yeah."

"I'm going to see about breakfast." Kagome said and started to sit up.

"It's being made." Inuyasha sniffed and grabbed her arm, motioning for her to sit back down.

"How are your injuries?" Kagome asked.

"They don't hurt as much. I should be healed soon." Inuyasha said.

"Let me change the bandages." Kagome said.

Inuyasha nodded and sat up so she could unwrap the old ones. "Hold on, let me get a cloth to wipe off the dry blood." Kagome got up and walked out of the room.

Kagome came back in with a bowl of water and a cloth. She kneeled down behind him and began to wash off the dried blood. The wounds were healing really fast. Even now Kagome was still shocked at how fast he healed.

"Can you turn around?" Kagome asked.

Inuyasha turned facing her and bit back a moan. She was washing his chest of the dried blood but he couldn't that it felt good. When Kagome was done he couldn't help feel relieved and disappointed at the same time. Part of him wanted her to continue, but part of him wanted her to stop. If she kept going, he didn't know what he'd do.

He didn't know whether or not Kagome wanted to be his mate, or if she was even ready. They hadn't gotten the chance to talk about it since he told her about mating. Now wasn't really a good time to talk about it either.

Kagome wrapped new bandages around him and grabbed the bowl and cloth. "All done." She said. "I'm going to put this away and I'll bring in breakfast."

A couple minutes later she came in with two bowls of soup. Shippo followed after her with his own bowl of soup. He hadn't seen very much of either of them since they got back. He sat down next to Kagome, across from Inuyasha.

"Do you feel better?" Shippo asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." Inuyasha said. "You know I heal fast."

"I know." Shippo sipped some soup. "I was just making sure."

"He was worried about you." Kagome said.

"I'm done." Shippo smiled. He had eaten all of his food really fast.

"Already?" Kagome asked.

"Hai." Shippo showed her the empty bowl. "I'm going to go play with Souta."

"Have fun." Kagome said.

"Where'd he sleep last night?" Inuyasha asked.

"With Souta." Kagome said.

"I bet he wasn't too happy with that." Inuyasha said.

"No, he wasn't." Kagome frowned. It had taken forever to get him to sleep in Souta's room.

"Well at the rate I'm healing, he should be able to sleep with you again." Inuyasha said.

"Don't strain yourself. Sesshomaru must've hit you with poison. The first night you were pale and feverish." Kagome said.

"You never told me that." Inuyasha said.

"I didn't think it was important, as long as it passed." Kagome said. "Besides, you would've said it was no big deal."

"Sesshomaru's poison is dangerous if you get enough in your system." Inuyasha said.

"Oh." Kagome said.

"Doesn't matter, I should be healed within a couple of hours." Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders.

"Kagome! Sango and Miroku are here!" Ms. Higurashi shouted. "You can go ahead into Kagome's room."

Sango and Miroku both walked into Kagome's room. Sango was wearing her exterminator outfit. "How are you feeling Inuyasha?" Miroku asked.

"Better than yesterday." Inuyasha said.

"That's good." Miroku said.

"We came to tell you that something is lurking around in the forest. It seems to be staying around this area." Sango said.

"Do you know what it is?" Kagome asked.

"No, Kirara can't get the scent or track it at all." Sango told them. "I tried to exterminate it, but we can't find it."

"How do you know it's there?" Inuyasha asked.

"The animals in the forest have been panicking, and I can faintly sense a youkai in the forest." Miroku said.

"Well, maybe I can help." Kagome said.

"I'll go." Inuyasha said.

"No, you need to rest. You'll heal faster if you do." Kagome said.

"Kagome is right. She can sense youkai aura's better than I can even if she isn't trained." Miroku said. "I think it may be hiding its true aura."

"I can still help." Inuyasha said.

"No, Okaa-san wouldn't want you to go. I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore than you already have." Kagome said.

"Fine, I'll stay. But if it gets too dangerous, come here." Inuyasha said seriously.

"I will." Kagome smiled. She stood up. "Let's go."

Kagome, Sango, and Miroku all walked outside towards the forest. Kirara flew down from above and landed near them. She was watching for anything suspicious while Sango talked to Kagome. "Kirara will take us to the area that is most suspicious." Sango said.

They all got on Kirara and she flew above the forest looking for the area where all the animals had disappeared. Once found she flew down and landed in a clearing. "Do you sense anything Kagome?" Miroku asked.

"I feel that something is wrong." She said.

"I feel that as well." Miroku said.

"I wonder what would be here lurking in the forest." Kagome said.

"I don't know. I find it odd that something would be here." Miroku said.

"Maybe because Inuyasha isn't here." Sango said.

"Do you think that's why?" Kagome asked. She suddenly froze. She had a familiar feeling. Something definitely wasn't right and the feeling just got worse.

"What's wrong, Kagome?" Miroku asked as she tensed.

"I feel something familiar, and it's very dangerous." Kagome pointed in front of her. "Over there."

Miroku held out his staff in the direction Kagome pointed and concentrated. He could vaguely feel the youkai lurking in the shadows. That's when he realized who it was. "Quickly, get back on Kirara." Miroku whispered.

"Why, what is it?" Kagome asked.

"It's Naraku." Miroku said.

All three of them broke into a run towards Kirara. The trees behind them were being knocked down by something. It was probably Naraku, but no one could see him. Once they reached Kirara they quickly got on and she took off as fast as she could.

As soon as they were off the ground a tentacle reached out and grabbed Kagome. Since she was in the middle everyone else had fallen to the ground including Kirara. She was thrown off balance and tried to catch Sango and Miroku. They were close to the ground, so no one was hurt that badly.

They both looked to Kagome and found her in Naraku's arms. "Let her go!" Miroku shouted.

"Not until I get what I want." Naraku smiled maliciously. His hand roamed Kagome's body searching for something.

Kagome could do nothing. She was binded by a spell that Naraku had casted. She could do nothing but let his hands roam her body and she felt disgusted. "Where is it?" he whispered to her.

He stopped at her waist and firmly pressed his hand on her. He tore the yukata where he was touching and pressed his hand against her skin. Sango threw her hiraikotsu, hoping that he was too distracted to stop it.

Naraku lifted his hand and threw the weapon back at them. Sango and Miroku dodged it but ended up further away from them. They couldn't think of anything to do. He would either throw it back at them or hurt Kagome.

Kagome was able to work free of the binding spell and jumped out of Naraku's arms. He reached out and grabbed her again. She screamed in pain when he dug his hand into her waist. He pulled his hand out and a tiny silver jewel glowed, even though it was covered in blood.

He dropped Kagome to the ground and held it up, examining it. "This is it!" Naraku said. He smiled down at Kagome and went to pick her up again.

Kagome's vision was becoming blurry as she fought to stay conscious. Her side hurt so badly, and it felt like a piece of her was being ripped out. The last thing she saw before she fell into darkness was something red go past her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

I know its short but it seemed like a good place to stop. Gomen, my break took longer than I thought, but I was busy. My friend left for California yesterday so I spent some time with her before she left. She'll be gone for a week and then she leaves for Korea for two months almost right after she gets back. She's like my sister so you can see why I'm trying to spend some time with her. So, sorry about that. My allergies have also been getting to me. This is the worst it's ever been.

Thanks to my puppy slave for editing, readers for reading, and reviewers for reviewing.