InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Something New ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

When We First Met

Chapter 27

Something New

Inuyasha was worried. They had been gone for too long, or at least too long for his liking. Not being able to take it anymore he got up and walked outside. He snuck past Ms. Higurashi and ran into the forest following Kagome's scent. His stomach hurt, but he ignored it and searched for Kagome.

Then he smelled something that made his blood run cold. Naraku was nearby, and more than likely found them. He ran faster following Kagome's scent. The scene he arrived upon almost made him lose control to the demon inside of him.

Naraku had just dropped Kagome to the ground and held something shiny up. He could smell Kagome's blood. He ran as fast as he could and knocked Naraku down before he could pick Kagome up again. The jewel fell from his hand and Miroku ran to grab it. If Naraku wanted it, then it was probably something he shouldn't have.

Naraku stood up and glared at Inuyasha. "You'll regret doing that!" He hissed.

Inuyasha only growled at him. Naraku looked around and saw that everyone around him except for Kagome was ready to attack him. He held up his hand and let miasma surround the area. He was unaffected and watched as Inuyasha and his companions coughed.

Naraku started walking towards Miroku to take back the jewel but stopped when Inuyasha slashed his back. He was using his sleeve to keep the miasma from affecting him. Naraku jumped back and tentacles came from underneath the baboon pellet.

Inuyasha was hit in the stomach where his earlier wound was and fell back. He quickly stood up again and was about to attack when Naraku let out a cloud of miasma and disappeared.

"I'll be back for the jewel and your precious woman. She'll die by my hands!" Naraku's voice laughed.

"Dammit!" Inuyasha cursed. He held his stomach and tried to stop the bleeding. Kagome was more important right now. He walked to her and made sure she was ok. She was pale and her side was still bleeding.

As the miasma subsided, Miroku, Sango, and Kirara approached them. "Is she ok?" Miroku coughed.

"She'll be fine once her wound is bandaged." Inuyasha said as he picked her up.

Miroku handed Inuyasha the jewel. "This came out of Kagome's side and Naraku was very happy to have found it." He said.

"Damn him." Inuyasha growled. "Go home and I'll take care of Kagome."

"Your wounds need to be bandaged too." Sango said.

"I'll be fine. You should rest. Naraku's miasma was probably poisoned." Inuyasha said.

"We'll come back to check on you too tomorrow." Miroku said. He motioned to Sango to follow him. Sango nodded and picked Kirara up as they headed to their village.

Inuyasha stood up and headed to Kagome's hut. Her wounds needed to be bandaged and her Okaa-san probably noticed Inuyasha was gone. His own wound was starting to hurt and the blood still hadn't stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And just when did you sneak out?" Ms. Higurashi gasped as she saw Kagome. "What happened?"

"It's a long story. Can you bring some bandages?" Inuyasha asked.

"Of course." Ms. Higurashi said as she moved out of the way so Inuyasha could get in.

He walked into Kagome's room and set her down on the futon. Ms. Higurashi walked in and handed him a bowl of water, a cloth, and some bandages. "I'll go to Kaede-sama's for some more herbs." Ms. Higurashi said. Most of the herbs for Inuyasha was already gone. She was a little worried leaving Inuyasha to clean her wounds, but knew it would be alright.

Inuyasha nodded and waited for her to leave before removing Kagome's yukata. He knew it was indecent to be bandaging her up when her Okaa-san was there, but his youkai side wouldn't have anyone else treating her right now. He covered her top and bottom half with a sheet and started cleaning her side.

Once she was bandaged up, he waited for Ms. Higurashi to come in. She grabbed a blanket and covered Kagome. She didn't want to dress her just yet. She trusted Inuyasha enough to let him stay in the room. "You should tend to your wounds also." Ms. Higurashi said.

Inuyasha nodded and waited for Ms. Higurashi to leave before taking off his haori. He cleaned off the blood and bandaged himself up the best he could. He put on his inner haori and laid down next to Kagome. He grabbed her hand and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome sat up, sweating. She just had a nightmare and woke from it. Someone was chasing her, but she didn't know who or why. It was something bad and that's all she knew. She grabbed her side as it hurt. What happened? She couldn't remember.

That's when everything flashed before her eyes. Naraku attacked and dug his hand in her side. He took something out of her, but what? What was it? Did he get it? Where was she? She didn't remember being brought in the hut. Her questions were starting to be answered as Inuyasha tugged on her hand.

"Inuyasha?" She said.

"You're awake." Inuyasha said.

"Hai, what happened?" Kagome asked.

"Naraku took this out of you." Inuyasha said and handed her the jewel. Right when he dropped it in her hand she felt as if whatever was missing was found.

"What is it?" Kagome asked. She looked at it. "Is it the Shikon no Tama?"

"I think it is, but I'm not sure." Inuyasha said.

"Are Sango and Miroku ok?" Kagome asked.

"They're fine. I told them to go home and rest. Naraku's miasma might've poisoned them, but if they rest they'll be fine." Inuyasha said.

"You reopened your wound. You helped me?" Kagome asked. She faintly remembered seeing red before passing out.

"I came right after Naraku dropped you. I knocked him down and Miroku grabbed whatever it was in his hand. He left after that." Inuyasha said making the story short.

"Are you okay?" Kagome asked.

"I'm fine." Inuyasha said. "I'll be healed after sundown."

"Let me bandage that better." Kagome said. She could see it hanging loosely on him under the haori.

"I'll be fine." Inuyasha said. "Besides, you have your wound to worry about."

"It doesn't hurt that much, and I can bandage it." Kagome said.

Inuyasha sighed knowing she wasn't going to give up. She was as stubborn as he was when it came to this kind of stuff. "Fine." He took off his inner haori and cut the bandages off.

Kagome slowly moved towards him and moved the old bandages out of the way. She rubbed herbs on his back and bandaged him up. "Who got more herbs?" Kagome asked.

"Your Okaa-san did." Inuyasha said. "She did it while I bandaged you up."

"Oh." Kagome blushed lightly.

"Kagome I-" Inuyasha tensed as he felt the familiar pulse run through his body.

"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" Kagome asked.

Inuyasha stood up and ran outside ignoring the pain and Kagome's protests. He looked up at the moon. "Dammit!" Inuyasha shouted. How could he forget tonight was the new moon? How was he going to explain to Kagome? Should he tell Kagome?

He didn't know what to do. He had to think of something and fast. Kagome was coming after him and the sun was going down. He figured he should tell Kagome. It's not something he should hide. She would find out sooner or later. Rather sooner or she'd get mad at him for hiding something.

"Inuyasha, why did you run off like that? Is something wrong?" Kagome asked holding her side.

Inuyasha cursed himself. He made Kagome worry and hurt herself because of him. He picked her up and headed towards the field. If he was going to tell her, he didn't want any interruptions. Better to tell her in private anyway. He wanted to see her reaction.

He stopped and set Kagome down. He sat down and gently pulled her into his lap. "I have something to tell you...well more like show you." He said.

"Is it something bad? Is that why you ran out of the hut?" Kagome asked, worry in her voice.

"No, it's not really bad. It's more like uncomfortable." Inuyasha said. "Every new moon my demon blood recedes for a night and leaves me human."

"You'll be human soon?" Kagome asked.

Inuyasha nodded and waited for her reaction. He looked at her and blinked. "Aren't you going to say anything?" He asked. The silence was bothering him more than what her answer might be.

"What am I supposed to say?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know...something." Inuyasha said.

"You lose all of your abilities?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah, I hate it." Inuyasha said.

"Why?" Kagome asked.

"Because I'm left defenseless." He hugged her. "I won't be able to protect you properly."

"I'm sure nothing will happen." Kagome said. "Your not defenseless."

"Humans can't really do much against youkai." Inuyasha buried his face into her neck, savoring the smell of her. Soon, he won't be able to smell it until sunrise tomorrow.

"We can do plenty." Kagome said.

"I just don't like how much of my abilities I lose. I can't run fast, smell, or anything." Inuyasha said. "I don't sleep on my human night."

"I'll stay up with you and keep you company." Kagome smiled.

Inuyasha smiled and leaned closer to kiss her when his body pulsed. He froze as his claws and fangs receded. His puppy ears turned into human ones. His beautiful amber eyes and silver hair turned brown and black.

Kagome gasped. He was still as gorgeous as he was when he was a hanyou, although she did miss the ears. She touched his face to make sure it was really him. It really was him, and he was human.

"What?" Inuyasha asked. She was staring at him and touching his face.

"Nothing, it's just new to see you like this." Kagome said.

"You hate it?" Inuyasha's head drooped.

"I didn't say that. It's just that's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. Your still you." Kagome said.

"Kagome." Inuyasha whispered. He leaned in closer and kissed her on the lips like he'd tried before.

In any form Kagome still tasted and felt the same. The same taste that was hers didn't change. Her lips were still soft and warm. It felt the same for Kagome. He was a little gentler, but not so much that it made a difference. They both melted into the kiss, it being the first one in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Yay done with this chapter. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. Ja ne.

Thanks to my puppy slave for editing, readers for reading, and reviewers for reviewing.