InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When We First Met ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and gang. Rumiko Takahashi does.

When We First Met

Chapter 42

Surprise
 
Inuyasha and Miroku both held their hands over their ears as Kagome and Sango both screamed with delight. Sango had just told the news of the marriage to Kagome and they both immediately jumped up and hugged each other. Inuyasha and Miroku just glanced at each other in annoyance from the loud noises. They were already starting to talk about some arrangements and other stuff.
 
“I know you two are happy but shouldn't we be getting to the castle?” Miroku asked.
 
“There will be plenty of time for you two to talk later.” Inuyasha stood up. “We need to get going. I want to get this over with fast.”
 
Kagome and Sango both stood up sighing. “Alright let's go.” Sango said.
 
“How exactly are we going to approach Onigumo?” Kagome asked. “What are we going to do?”
 
“We'll ask for Onigumo and then ask him if he's ever heard of Naraku.” Inuyasha said. “If he does we'll ask to see him and cut the bastard down.”
 
“I believe the first half of Inuyasha's plan was a good idea. We can go on from there. It's not like much planning can be done with our current situation.” Miroku said.
 
“Let's get this over with then.” Kagome said.
 
They first went to find the villager girl who was already waiting for them outside of the inn. She had offered to take them to the castle and they happily took her offer. Miroku stood a little closer to Sango to ease her nerves somewhat about the villager girl. Kagome tried her best to hide her laughs and smiles. She knew it wouldn't make the situation any better.
 
The walk to the castle was really quick since it wasn't too far from the castle. The guards let them through since they were with one of the villagers. They all were sent to a private room where the lord would soon come to see them.
 
“Thank you for all your help.” Kagome said to the young villager girl.
 
“It was nothing. I'm glad to have helped!” The villager said and ran off.
 
“I feel a little uneasy about this.” Kagome finally admitted. She'd had the feeling since they left the village but hadn't said anything.
 
“I admit I feel something strange about this too.” Miroku said.
 
“Why didn't you say something earlier?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I thought I was just nervous.” Kagome said. “But the feeling just kept getting stronger.”
 
Before Inuyasha could say something the door to the room they were in opened. A young man walked into the door that no one recognized. They could tell by his clothing that he was the lord of the castle. He had long wavy brown hair with deep brown eyes. He was an inch shorter than Inuyasha. He sat down in front of everyone and looked directly at Kagome.
 
“Hmm a miko, hanyou, a tajiya, and houshi, a very strange group. May I help you with something? I am Onigumo, Lord of this castle.” He introduced himself.
 
Already Inuyasha didn't like the guy. His eyes lingered too long on Kagome and he knew what each were and seemed to mock them. The rest of the group also sensed something `off' about the Lord. Miroku took it upon himself to speak for the rest of the group.
 
“Onigumo-sama we've heard some rumors about a certain person we were looking for. We've heard that he is staying at your castle.” Miroku said.
 
“I assure you that if the man you are looking for is staying at the castle I would know.” Onigumo said. “His name?”
 
“Naraku.” Miroku said.
 
“I have heard of him. He is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon.” Onigumo said. “He informed one of the men that there was something he needed to discuss with me.”
 
“I see.” Miroku looked at the rest of the group.
 
“Is there something wrong?” Onigumo asked.
 
“Well he's done some things that aren't exactly nice...” Miroku said.
 
“Well if you'd like you can stay at the castle and wait for him.” Onigumo offered.
 
“Excuse me for asking but why are you letting us stay? I'm sure you're aware that we aren't on great terms with Naraku.” Kagome asked.
 
“Well I'm known as a great Lord and I'd like to keep my reputation as well as being helpful. I have no interest in doing any business with any man who has a bad reputation.” Onigumo looked at both Kagome and Sango. “Besides it's been a while since we've had any beautiful ladies in the castle. Or course no bounds will be overstepped. I'll have one of the servants show you to your rooms.”
 
“Thank you for your offer but I think we'd rather stay someplace else. We don't want to be a bother to you.” Kagome said.
 
“It's no trouble at all. I insist you stay.” Onigumo stood from his seat. “I'd like to stay longer but I have things to do. Before I leave may I get your names?”
 
“Oh I'm am Miroku, this is Inuyasha, Kagome, and Sango.” Miroku said. “Thank you for your hospitality.”
 
Onigumo nodded before leaving the room. About a minute or so after the door was shut it opened again. “I am Yoichiro. I will show you to your rooms.” He said.
 
“Thank you very much.” Miroku said.
 
Yoichiro waited for every to stand before exiting the room to show them where they would be staying. They walked to the opposite end of the castle and finally stopped at a dead end hallway. Yoichiro stood with the wall to his back and on each side of him there was a door. He pointed to his right before speaking, “This is the room for the two young ladies and across the hall is the young men's room, the neko can sleep in whichever.” He said.
 
“Actually-” Miroku began before Inuyasha cut him off.
 
“I'm sharing a room with Kagome. The other two can have the other room along with the neko.” Inuyasha said.
 
Yoichiro raised an eyebrow and looked skeptically at Inuyasha. “I'm sorry, I can't allow that unless the couple is married.” He said with a little attitude.
 
“The houshi and slayer are married. I'm a youkai and Kagome and I are mated.” Inuyasha glared at him.
 
“Any proof?” Yoichiro asked. He wasn't about to make this easy for them. Unless couples were married sharing a room was highly unacceptable.
 
Inuyasha held back a growl before grabbing Kagome's arm and pulling her closer to him. He then pulled back her hair and gently turned her so the mark was easily visible. “Enough for you.” Inuyasha snapped.
 
Seeing as how he was proved wrong he no longer wanted to be embarrassed. “Have it your way then. I just didn't want anything inappropriate.” Yoichiro said and turned away. “Oh, and dinner will be brought to the room on the right. I assume you'll be eating together.”
 
“Ah hai!” Kagome answered. “Thank you very much!”
 
“Bastard.” Inuyasha replied once he was out of sight.
 
Kagome slapped his hand away from her neck. “You didn't have to be so rude!” She scolded as she walked into the room on the right.
 
“He started it!” Inuyasha said.
 
“He was rather rude, although I highly doubt lying to him was any better.” Miroku snickered.
 
“The both of you are horrible. Now be quiet so we can figure out what to do from here.” Sango said. She sat down at the table with Kirara in her lap.
 
“Is it just me or did it seem like he was hiding something?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes, its very suspicious that he would allow us to wait for a man he obviously knew we didn't like. I doubt very much it was to protect his reputation.” Miroku said. “But what exactly is he hiding?”
 
“That doesn't matter right now. We have to be prepared for anything Naraku might have planned. He doesn't seem like the type to invite himself to a human's castle unless he has something planned.” Inuyasha said.
 
“In any case we have until tomorrow afternoon.” Miroku said. “After dinner we should get a good night's rest so we can be up early and prepare for when Naraku arrives.”
 
“We can't do much else if we're exhausted. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow and wake up early.” Inuyasha said.
 
Everyone nodded in agreement and waited for their meals.
 
-------------------
 
Later that night Kagome was lightly shaken and when she opened her eyes she looked up at Inuyasha. She opened her mouth to say something but Inuyasha covered her mouth with his hand to keep her quiet. He gave her a look of warning and continued to listen and smell. Something was wrong.
 
Suddenly the roof was torn away from the room. Kagome screamed and jumped to her feet with Inuyasha. Having heard all the noise Miroku and Sango ran into the room prepared for a fight. They were surprised to see the roof completely detached from the room.
 
“What the hell?” Miroku said.
 
“Move!” Inuyasha shouted. He picked Kagome up and jumped back.
 
Just as everyone moved a piece of the roof fell from the sky and crashed into the area they were standing. Pieces of the roof kept falling down towards them forcing the two couples to separate. Since Inuyasha was faster he was able to run to Miroku and Sango in the forest.
 
“What the hell just happened?” Sango shouted.
 
“That's what I'd like to know!” Miroku said.
 
“Naraku. His scent is all over the place.” Inuyasha said. “I'm going back to finish him.”
 
“Wait Inuyasha!” Kagome grabbed his sleeve.
 
“Stay here. It's too dangerous for you to go!” Inuyasha shouted.
 
“I'm not staying behind.” Kagome said. “Neither are Miroku and Sango!”
 
“You need to stay here! You're not finished with your training! Miroku and Sango know how to fight so I won't have to worry about them!” Inuyasha yelled. “Miroku bind her to the tree!”
 
“This is ridiculous! I'm not staying behind to just sit and worry about you guys! I've always been there before why not now?” Kagome shouted and tugged at his sleeve.
 
“Because I love you too damn much!” Inuyasha finally blurted out.
 
Everyone but Inuyasha gasped.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Been going through a lot of stuff. I haven't had the inspiration to write and on top of that I still have writer's block. I had a horrible time on my vacation so I've been in a slump since then. I know this chapter is short but I thought it was a good place to stop.
 
Thanks to readers and reviewers!