InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ Walls ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 9~
Walls
 
 
The day bled slowly into a nearly silent night as Shippou guarded his surrogate mother. He'd thought InuYasha would come by now, but figured something bad had happened by the way he'd just dashed off.
 
The young kit sighed. It had been highly unlikely that Shippou would be able to ward off any major youkai, but he certainly scream loud enough for his two human friends to hear…
 
A sharp scent reached his nose and he recoiled. It was strong, and his nose took offense.
 
It was smell of death mingled between clay and bones. `Kikyou!'
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sango let out a frustrated sigh as she turned over in her futon. She was restless and Miroku was not helping. He wouldn't stop looking at her.
 
“What, houshi?!” She sat upright and shot him a withering glance.
 
His eyes widened. “What'd I do this time? I haven't tou-”
 
“Don't think about that! Just stop staring at me, okay?” She laid back down.
 
It was the young monk's turn to sigh. “Yes Sango, my dear…”
 
Sango smiled a bit when he turned away, but still found herself unable to sleep. Something just felt wrong, she supposed.
 
“Do you think InuYasha and Kagome are okay?”
 
Her soft question startled Miroku and he landed his straight to her hazel eyes. “I don't know… Is something wrong?”
 
Sango stood upright this time, straightening her keshougi. “Do you think…”
 
Miroku stood next to her. “Maybe.” He sighed. “Back then, it seemed like they didn't cause so much trouble.”
 
She let out a small giggle, “Neither did we, back then.”
 
“True. Very true.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kagome hugged her legs to her trembling body. It hurt now, the encasing darkness. Something was wrong, and she couldn't do anything.
 
A ragged sigh tore from her body and she stumbled to her feet. `InuYasha…'
 
“You're a strong human, you can make it through this, you know.” The deep voice startled her and she nearly tripped. She turned suddenly only to be met with the familiar face of Sesshoumaru.
 
“Stop saying that.” She put her face to the floor. “I'm not strong enough. If he doesn't figure this out soon…”
 
His soft smile disappeared rather suddenly and he replaced it with a scowl. “Nisou! Get a hold of yourself. You are to be the wife of a youkai, you may not act this way.”
 
She let another marked sob dislodge itself from her throat. “If I slept… Would you change it with Tensaiga?”
 
Her question was oft, but he'd heard her. His eyes shone for a second before she faced him, tears streaming about her cheeks and into her hair. “I know not. That would be up to otouto. He would have to master Tensaiga, I believe.”
 
Her tears worsened and she wanted to reach for him. She whispered, “Are you real?”
 
He nodded roughly. “Hai, nisou.”
 
“Then let me at least pretend that you're him.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
InuYasha let out a deep feral growl. His eyes were slowly bleeding crimson, flickering at the stench of blood and death.
 
The Shikon no Tama was loosely tied around his neck and he could feel it pulsing. He finally had it, and it was the most unfulfilling sensation he could have imagined.
 
“Inu-Kuso!” Kouga's voice had him growling all over. Why hadn't he smelt the wolf?
 
`Oh, right. Blood and death…'
 
It was discrete, but he also could feel another youki. One eerily similar to his own, but mutated from his own. `Sesshoumaru'
 
“Are you listening to me?” Kouga had his hands resting on his hips, and he looked serious for once. InuYasha shook his head and focused on Kouga's words. “Draw Tesusaiga.”
 
The hanyou snorted loudly complied.
 
“Inu-Kuso, this is serious.” InuYasha stared at him, gauging his words.
 
“Then spit it out, wimpy wolf!” His human was slipping. The Shikon no Tama was affecting him, and he knew it.
 
Kouga scowled, but immediately started speaking. “Naraku's miasma is felt in the northern mountains once more. I don't think he died.”
 
“What?” InuYasha was simply at a loss for words. Naraku had fallen to him own hand, there was no way he could have survived.
 
Kouga didn't offer any words. He shrugged and pulled out a small jar similar to the one Kagome had collected Shikon no Kakera in. He looked at it for a second before tossing it to InuYasha.
 
In the jar were buzzing Saimyoushou.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
A slight rustling of grass in front of Shippou managed to spook the kit, and he ineffectively hid behind the, still, unconscious Kagome.
 
A young girl popped her head through the bush first. “Shippou-chan?”
 
He smiled and hopped from his place behind his new Mama. “Rin, is that you?”
 
Soon, Sesshoumaru had also stepped into the clearing, and then Jaken.
 
Rin took Shippou's hand in a flourish of movement. In the same gesture, she took Jaken's robes and dragged the two off. They both let out loud noises of protest, but she just laughed and started her song.
 
“Jaken, Oh Jaken! Why are you so Green?!”
 
Sesshoumaru didn't allow himself even a smile before he looked at his otouto's intended. He knelt gracefully and put a thin, delicate hand to her cold face. `Do you deserve this, nisou? Or are the fates unishing InuYasha?'
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AN: I enjoyed writing this chapter. Right now I'm on the airplane on my way to Connecticut! I get really easily motion sick, so I have to keep my tiny mind a bit busy. When I watch InuYasha episodes, play solitaire, or write I don't get as nauseaous.
 
 
Damn Turbulence
 
Thanks to all of my reviewers! You all mean so much.
<3