InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ Nisou and Hanyou ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 15~
Nisou and Hanyou
 
“Kongosouha!” InuYasha's voice broke through the eerie cracking of Naraku's now animated flesh. The diamonds speared through the half demon, tearing a piece of Naraku's barrier open.
 
Kagome shouted at InuYasha as he dodged another tentacle. “Get him close enough, InuYasha! I'll try to purify those extensions.”
 
InuYasha nodded, mindful of his placing near Naraku.
 
~*~
 
Sesshoumaru growled low at Kagura's unmoving form. She stood still, careful to keep the Inu no Taisho calm. “We meet, once more.”
 
Sesshoumaru scoffed openly. “We meet, again. However you are this Sesshoumaru's enemy.”
 
Kagura smiled, “I wouldn't expect anything else from you, Taisho.”
 
All at once, the two made their first moves. Sesshoumaru unleashed a poison energy fiber and Kagura opened her fan to create her wind blades.
 
Is this the way it has to be?
 
~*~
 
Sango dropped herself from Kiara and looked around slowly. Miroku was in front of the glowing pink barrier concentrating hard. Ofudas littered the ground, burnt on the edges.
 
“Do you think that Kagome-chan is protecting something?” Sango was talking more to herself, knowing she wouldn't get a real answer from the houshi.
 
The barrier had refused the two, even though Miroku was trying hard to make a link between himself and Kagome in order to open the miko's contrivance. He was having no success if his countenance was any indication.
 
The young Taiji-ya sighed heavily. She pulled the band of cloth from her hair and let the deep chestnut tresses fall freely across her back. She crossed her arms across her chest and sighed again.
 
She was starting to get a headache.
 
~*~
 
InuYasha was in pain.
 
Naraku had ripped a hole through his shoulder. It was a clean cut, but it still bled heavily. Immediately Kagome had purified the shouki that would have taken his arm off, but she still wasn't satisfied.
 
“Use your other arm, InuYasha.” Her voice was soft in his ear. There was no way she would have Naraku with the knowledge that InuYasha's sword arm was significantly weaker.
 
InuYasha just voiced a “Keh!” and tossed his sword to his other hand. He took battle stance once again. His knees were bent and his body was curved slightly to the front, to keep balance with the extra weight on his back.
 
He was running out of plans. Brute strength wasn't going to work, and Kagome had no arrows.
 
Suddenly, it hit him.
 
“Kagome!” He leapt away from the fowl demon. “When we get close enough, I'm going to drop you by Naraku. You have to be careful, and all you have to touch him, anywhere.”
 
Kagome nodded, but InuYasha shook his head.
 
“I have to use the Kaze no Kizu, so you have to put a barrier when I tell you to. Can you do that?”
 
Kagome stopped dead. Putting up a barrier around herself was something she'd only ever done on accident. She breathed deep. “We could die in here, huh?”
 
InuYasha made an irritated noise. Are you afraid, Kagome…? “Don't say something so stupid.”
 
“Hai. I can do it.”
 
InuYasha vaulted again. He was getting closer to Kagura's deadly winds so he reversed himself mid air, landing on Naraku's immediate right. Kagome let go and InuYasha pulled himself completely straight. The result was Kagome hitting the ground hard with her bare feet.
 
Without hesitation, she made her way to Naraku, but was stopped. His arm shot toward her and caught her wrist. She yelped and InuYasha swore. Naraku let out a hiss, but didn't lessen in his grip.
 
“So, reincarnation, you honestly think he would keep you around, didn't you?” Naraku's evil laughter filled the compressed air.
 
Everything in front of Kagome was starting to blur. Shouki… Iie… Inu… Yasha…
 
InuYasha stood stock-still. “I'll kill you.” The malice in his own voice surprised even himself.
 
Kagome's half-closed eyes glanced quickly at InuYasha. InuYasha… Don't…
 
“Inu…Yasha!” He was already growling deep in his throat, his eyes growing crimson. “InuYasha!
 
He didn't seem to recognize her voice. “Let her go.
 
It was, Kagome realized, the first time she'd ever heard InuYasha speak in this form. She felt an involuntary shiver run down her back as Naraku's sharp talons bit inot her wrist.
 
InuYasha immediately scented her blood. His growl got deeper.
 
Kagome, despite the fogginess in her brain, knew she needed to act. Naraku was touching her skin, and she knew she needed to channel her energy through that. She needed to erect a barrier around herself that could possibly purify Naraku's flesh.
 
Now all she had to do was figure out how, exactly, to do that.
 
~*~
 
Sesshoumaru had the upper hand. Even fighting Kagura he could keep a strong, emotionless façade. It seemed, however, that Kagura's heart wasn't in the battle and her mind must have been elsewhere.
 
Damn you, Naraku. My heart…
 
She smiled suddenly and jumped away from the dog lord. She clutched her chest.
“Do you know how long I've waited…?”
 
Sesshoumaru looked at her, his head cocked a bit to the side. He was curious. “This Sesshoumaru wishes to inquire to what you are speaking of.”
 
Kagura laughed. It wasn't the shrill, evil laugh that she had voice many times in her previous, heartless life. This laugh was one of relief. She had her heart back, and she knew how it felt to live once more. She flipped her fan open once more and launched herself at the regal demon before her. A smile still graced her features.
 
When she made contact with Sesshoumaru (he was blocking her fan with Tokijin, and they were once again at a stand off) she spoke quickly but softly. “We could fight together. I could help you. I have my heart once more. I want to kill him, I want Naraku to die.”
 
He inclined his head in the slightest to show he understood. “Would you sacrifice yourself to destroy him?”
 
“Of course, lord.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will lead you. Follow me and you may be able to live.”
 
Kagura knew that this display was quite unlike the very stoic Inu no Taisho, and she accepted the offer humbly. She dipped her head swiftly and obediently. “Of course, lord.”
 
~*~
 
Author's Note: Don't kill me, please! It won't be more than another chapter plus an epilogue, I promise!
I'm getting there!!
I just realized that some of you are probably sitting there like, “What the fuck does `Nisou' mean???” Lol. It actually is considered a head priestess. It's a much higher position than that of a miko. I though that Nisou might have been a bit more appropriate that miko for Kagome. She does, after all, have very potent spiritual power.
Thank you all for being so boo-tee-full!!