Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ My Sora Problem ❯ Saying Goodbye is Always Hard ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own KH.
 
Sorry people… I went on vacation sooner than I thought….
 
At some point, it sounds like Sora is saying wedding vows… it's really sweet though.
 
~*&^%$##@#
 
Sora stood in front of Tifa's door, unsure to knock or not. Today would be the day he would leave and defeat Xemnas, the leader of the Organization and go back to Destiny Islands, like he always wanted. He wanted to go back, didn't he? He wanted to see Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka again, didn't he?
 
Somehow, the idea of going back to his home didn't fancy him at all.
 
He had become way to attached to Hollow Bastion. To attached to people, his friends, and most importantly, Tifa. His heart ached just to think of leaving her. He didn't know how much he loved her until today. He loved her more than your average love. It was obvious now, if he had too, he would die for her…
 
Now, he was just be over dramatic.
 
He recalled Leon's words from about a year ago. “We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other.” That was true… he would never forget Tifa. And then Aerith's comment… “No matter where we are, are hearts will bring us together again.” True also but he wanted to see Tifa. Not just feel her in his heart.
 
He took a breath and knocked on the door softly. He heard a crash and then the door opened. Tifa, now in her regular outfit, stood gazing at him. “Oh, Sora!” She moved to the side. “Come in.”
 
Sora, once inside, turned to stare at her. His eyes were showing sadness and he looked on the verge of tears. Tifa took notice immediately and ushered him to sit down on her bed. “What's wrong?”
 
Sora swallowed a lump in his throat. “I have to leave.”
 
Tifa understood he had to leave to go to other worlds, but why did he seem so upset now? “I don't get it…”
 
“Tifa, I'm leaving to defeat Xemnas…. And after that, I'll have to leave forever-to go back to my home.” He explained, watching for any sign of emotion.
 
Now Tifa understood. She felt a tear slide down her cheek. Her last chance at happiness just flew the coop. “Well… I guess this is good bye.”
Sora nodded. “I'm sorry… I really wanted to go on another date with you.” He said, hoping it would make her feel better.
 
Tifa sniffled and smiled. “So did I…” Her heart was pierced. She didn't know how much she loved Sora… until now. “How long until you have to leave?”
 
Sora shrugged. “I don't know… Donald and Goofy are buying items at the Marketplace and then they have to get the gummy ship ready…”
 
“Oh.” She replied. “Well… that shouldn't take to long, I suppose…”
 
Sora nodded in response, refusing to speak. Tifa watched as a crystal clear tear fell down his cheek. “Oh, Sora.” She pulled him into a hug. “Is there anything you would like to tell me?” She asked. She hoped that he loved her as much as she loved him.
 
Sora thought her question over. He could tell her…. He wasn't coming back. He straightened himself out, pulling away from the hug. “Tifa, the first day I met you, I forgot all about Kairi. I immediately began to fall slowly for you. I was just to shy to ask you out because Yuffie told me all about your relationship with Cloud. But…. Now, that I'm leaving, I guess I should tell you what I feel.” He gripped her hands as Tifa's heart began to pound with anticipation. “Tifa, I love you.”
 
Tifa could've squealed if it wasn't for Sora in front of her. Since Sora gave a speech, she would too. “Sora, the first time I met you, I thought you were just a cute boy. My heart still ached for Cloud. But the more time I spent with you, the more I fell in love with you. I forgot all about Cloud and moved on.” She put her face right in front of his. “Sora… I love you too.” And with that, she pushed her lips on his.
 
~
 
Cid scratched his head, examining the now broken light bulb. He cursed and proceeded down the hallway to the closet to retrieve a replacement. He opened it and his eyes went wide. He shook his head and quickly grabbed the light bulb packages and closed the door. “God Damn teenagers. If they are going to have sex, they should at least do it in their rooms.” He muttered among other things as he passed Aerith and Yuffie.
 
Yuffie raised an eyebrow at Cid. “You saw?” She asked. Her and Aerith were hoping by now that they were dressed and ready to get out of the closet.
 
Cid nodded and continued down the hall, muttering something about, “Disgusting” or something other.
Aerith unlocked the door, so when they awoke they could leave and kill Yuffie a bit later on…
 
~Later that night~
 
Tifa felt another tear fall down her cheeks. Sora had left about thirty minutes ago. He asked Donald and Goofy to give him more time and they respectfully did. She wiped the tear away.
 
“Aw… Teef… don't worry…” Yuffie assured, patting her back.
 
Aerith nodded. “He may come back… you never know with these things…” She gently handed Tifa a tissue.
 
Tifa looked at the night sky. “Maybe… maybe he just might…” Yuffie and Aerith smiled at her comment.
 
Please, Sora, if you do come back to me, come back to me in one piece…
 
And you better not forget that I said I loved you!