Naruto Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Chobit of the Sand ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Loss- Failure to hold, keep, or preserve,
 
Loss of an object can be hard, especially when it's very important to you. But an object has does not have something. Something very dear and more fragile than anything rare, a life.
 
Loss of a person's life can be devastating, and can never be replaced. No human or, persocom in my case, can replace a lost life
 
 
“I remember seeing those eyes of yours. They look so beautiful…yet so sad… That phrase kept playing through Gaara's mind. He didn't get why he couldn't stop thinking about what Akiri said. He reached the living room when he heard Kankuro's voice. “I can't believe that guy actually pulled this off. She definitely looks like Gaara, but the personality I love much more.” “I know, but now we gotta see if she is more than just looks.” Temari answered. Gaara followed the voices to outside the door. There was Temari and Kankuro. “What are you two talking about? Is it about Akiri?” Gaara asked. Kankuro and Temari looked worried. There was a deathly silence. Finally, Temari stepped up. “W-we were not supposed to say anything to you…” “I want to know NOW.” Gaara ordered. “Akiri is supposed to be a `clone' of yours.” Temari informed. “We were not informed much more than she'll be permanently with us. We need to train her to see if she can do what you can.” Kankuro added
 
Gaara glared at both of them angrily. Akiri then poked her head out the door. “What's everyone doing out here?” She walked over to them. She smiled at Gaara. “Hello… is something wrong?” She asked, looking at Gaara's expression. He glanced over at her, a million thoughts running through his mind. He walked over to Akiri, and shoved her to the ground. “No one can be me, not even scum like you, supposed to be my `clone'…” He stopped. “I do not understand. I am not you… he remembered those words from the last night. This woman, Akiri, she's so…confusing… He looked down at her. She was looking at him in confusion, but sort of also in a daze “Scum…?” She asked, almost a whisper. They both looked at each other in the eyes. She slowly got up and moved closer, face to face. So close… Gaara couldn't move. Those eyes of yours He finally found the strength to step back. “Uh… are you two okay?” Temari finally asked. Akiri's head turned, her daze-look faded suddenly. She smiled again, like the situation never happened.
 
“Why yes.” Akiri answered. “Akiri…” Gaara asked, looking at her. She looked over with a smile. “Yes.” “Did you hear what I, Temari, and Kankuro were talking about earlier?” “No, I did not. I only saw your shadows outside the door.” There was a moment of silence. “Then… lets not bring it up again.” Gaara answered. Temari and Kankuro looked in shock at Gaara. Akiri nodded in approval. She clapped her hands together. “Well then, I have something for you all!” Akiri said smiling. She rushed inside and came back out, a piece of folded paper. “I got this from a man early this morning. He told me to give it to one of you.” She handed the paper to Temari. She grabbed the paper to read it. “It's pretty much telling us we need to head to Konohagakure for some sort of… tournament it looks like.” Everyone looked up in interest. Akiri jumped happily. “Yay, My first tournament!,” She cheered. “It's in three days, they want us to prepare, and Akiri needs to start training.” Everyone looked over at Akiri.
 
Gaara smiled. “This is going to be interesting…” He said. “Akiri, do you know anything about combat?” Kankuro asked. Akiri's eyes lit up. She lifted her head. “Combat- is a fight or battle. To fight against; oppose… any other definitions needed?” She asked. They all stared. “Uh… Akiri, what did you just do?” Temari asked. “I thought about the word and the definition came to my mind.” Akiri answered. “Almost sounded like it came from a dictionary or something,” Kankuro said. Akiri smiled. “Uh.. Nevermind, we need to get started with training anyway.” “Okay then lets go!” Akiri shouted encouragingly.
 
Silently, Gaara laughed. Temari looked over at Gaara, noticing what he did. She dropped her mouth open, but then smiledI wonder if he…“Hey Kankuro,” Temari whispered “Did you see that?” “Yeah, you don't think…” “Maybe…”