Naruto Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Chobit of the Sand ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Memory- 1.The mental capacity of retaining and reviving impressions; remembrance; recollection 2.the state of being remembered, 3.That which is remembered, 4.the device or location, as in a computer, where data is stored…
 
Memories… are what sometimes what keep some alive, or others wish to die. There are things we want to forget, and thing we wish we could never forget. For a persocom, memory is the fourth definition in the four definitions I listed. Memories are only data to a persocom…
 
They can forget easily from the push of a button, like any computer. No matter how much their owner hates or loves it, it's that simple to make a persocom forget.
 
I'll never forget my daughter; however, she has forgotten me. No matter what I do, I can't erase her out of mind. I love her, maybe even more as my child. She has become of part of me, in mind, body, and soul. All I hope now, is that she will be happy…
 
“Zima, what's going on?” Dita looked over, he seemed to be very quiet. “… very curious” Zima mumbled. He looked over at Dita. “I found something very… different.” He said. “Does it have anything to do with… well, her?” Zima nodded in disapproval, “Someone else. It's another `com, but this one… She was visiting the national dictionary, guess she didn't have dictionary software installed.” “So?” Dita asked carelessly. “Well, this one is like her, but… appearing from other bio files; she's a new `com.” Zima said. “A new persocom, with her build? Who could do that?” “Not sure, but her files are restricted to view. But…” He glanced at her. “Looks like we got a `cloned' `com.” Dita glanced over at him. “Cloned? Persocom or not, that's illegal, to clone a human! We need to find this `com! This could get serious.” “Indeed, but what about the girl we're after?” Zima asked. “You said she had the same build as her, right?” “Yes.” “Well then.” Dita explained. “If we find her, maybe we can find her creator; she must be a custom build is she has her build. We could probably find her if he has her blueprints. And he need's to be arrested for cloning. “Well, we'll need to look for her.” Zima said, and sighed. “We have a long way to go. She's far from city limits.”
 
“Okay Akiri, we need to start training.” Temari said. “But first, is wardrobe.” She said looking up and down. She pointed at Akiri's dress. It was a light yellow sundress. “This is gonna be horrible to wear in battle. We'll need to look for clothes suitable for training.” Akiri looked over and smiled. “So, we'll need to go shop!” Akiri asked. “Yep,” Temari replied. She looked over at Kankuro. “Well, there's one more thing. Me and Kankuro need to go pick up something for Akiri, so uhh, Gaara, you'll need to help Akiri get clothes.” Gaara quickly glanced over at Akiri, then Temari, “What?” “I know it sounds weird, but me and Kankuro need too go now. When you're done, meet us back here at the house, then we can get training started.” They started walking away. “We'll see you later, have a good time at the marketplace!” Kankuro yelled waving, mostly at Akiri. Akiri waved back. “Have a nice day!”
 
She turned over to Gaara. “Well, shall we head to the marketplace?” Gaara sighed. “Well, let's go. Follow me.” They started walking side by side. Akiri was skipping happily along, humming a tune. It took only a quick moment to get to the marketplace. They came up to a clothes department. The cashier was a man, tall, kind of wiry with a warm smile when he saw Akiri's smile. People in the store were all talking, but fell deathly silent when some saw Gaara. “Do you know what you're getting?” Gaara, ignoring the stares he was getting. “Yep, I have a plan. After all, I need to pick something and you see if it's suitable, right?” Akiri asked. He nodded. The cashier walked over to Akiri. “Good morning, you two. Are you looking for anything?” he asked kindly. Akiri smiled. “I am sir, but let me browse first.” She replied. The man gave a happy smile in return. “Well, then just come to me when you're ready.” “Yes sir!” Akiri said very loudly. People began to look ever at Akiri now, some of their eyes widened. From the distance, Gaara could hear some of them. “There are two of them now!” “Is she like his twin? I never knew that thing had a twin.” “I don't know, the girl seems nice…” “But she looks like that monster! How can we trust her?” All these voices kept talking quietly throughout the store. The cashier (btw, the cashier is new, he doesn't know much.) was starting to look like he missed something.
 
In the aisles, Akiri looked among the shirts and accessories, pants, and so on. Gaara stared at her head, since that was all he could see. He started looking down, it was getting hard to ignore the people staring and talking now. She came back with lots of clothes over her arms. “Okay, I found some clothes.” Gaara stared at them, “Okay, go try them on.” He said emotionlessly. “Well, can you wait outside the dressing room doors? I want to know that you're there with me.” She asked timidly, showing a puppy dog face. “Please…” she pleaded. “Whatever.” Akiri smiled, grabbed Gaara's hand, and rushed to the dressing room. While she was getting dressed, the cashier walked over to Gaara. “Sorry to bother you, but I'm just curious. Is that girl your sister, or some relative of yours? She looks a lot like you.” Gaara remained silent. After a moment, the cashier gave up “Okay then, I'll see you later then…” And he walked away. “Okay, I'm ready!” Akiri called from inside the dressing room door. She came out in an outfit to Gaara looked very familiar, and then he looked up at her. “It's okay and all but, it looks a little like what I wear.” Akiri nodded. “Well, I like your clothes. The look very nice, they were a nice inspiration!”
 
“Oh… I see.” Gaara replied. Akiri giggled. He looked up, “What?” “Gaara, you cheeks are pink. Are you blushing?” Akiri asked, her head tilting slightly. “…no, at least I don't think so...” He answered. “Oh, and I have something for you! I thought it would look cute on you.” She pulled out a shirt. “Akiri… is that a panda on that?” Gaara asked. “Uh-huh, you can wear it casually or something. Like when were together or something.” She answered. People took glances over when she said that. “I don't think so.” Gaara replied, he slapped his face in embarrassment. “I'm sorry; I didn't mean to shame you.” Akiri said, looking down at the floor. “Whatever. Let's just get the clothes and go.” Akiri went back inside the dressing room. Was I really blushing? Could I..., Gaara wandered in his thoughts, looking from the door, to the people, to the cashier, and back. Akiri came back out of the door. The cashier happened to be behind Gaara when she came out. “Ah, are you ready miss?” “Yes.” She answered with a smile.
 
They got the clothes and went out the store. “Okay, now back to the house!” Akiri said. Gaara only nodded. As they walked again, this time Akiri skipped, but didn't hum. She looked over at Gaara. “When I was in the store, you looked sad. What was wrong? I heard people talking; I think they were about us. Why?” Gaara looked down. “I don't want to talk about it. It's just... some things I've done in my life. Why do you care?” “Because it hurts, to see you that way.” She answered in a sad tone. After a moment Gaara spoke up. “There's the house. I don't see Temari or Kankuro though.” It was true; there was no one at the door. They both waited at the door until finally they saw Temari running up. “Hey guys! Sorry were late.” Temari said, out of breath. “Where's Kankuro?” Gaara asked. “Oh, he's a little behind. He had quite the thing to carry.” She said. “What is it?” Akiri asked. “Your weapon, and boy, I don't know how they did it...” Temari answered. “GEE, THANKS FOR WAITING FOR ME!!” Kankuro yelled from a distance away. He was carrying a large object on his back. As he got closer it was... a gourd. It looked a lot like Gaara's but slightly smaller.
 
“This is for Akiri.” Kankuro said. Akiri stared at it for a long time. “It looks like Gaara's gourd.” She said, pointing at his gourd. “Well, this one's yours. We had to pick it up while you're gone. It's supposed to work the same way Gaara's does.” Akiri nodded. “But how will I do it?” “Yeah, how will she do it?” Gaara asked. “Hey, don't ask us. It's all to see if it works.” “Now go inside and get dressed Akiri, so we can finally get started.” “Okay.” Akiri obeyed. As she rushed into the bathroom to change, a slip of paper flew out of her dress pocket, right in front of Gaara's room. When she finally was dressed, she ran back out. “Okay, I'm all set.” She said. “Wow, you look more and more like Gaara every time I see you.” Kankuro said, shaking his head. “But your prettier, that's what I gotta say,” Gaara didn't even reply to that. “Finally now, we can get started with this started.” Temari said. “Okay everyone, training will now REALLY begin!”