Naruto Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Chobit of the Sand ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fury- violent passion; great anger
 
This I kept personally, but now I have a great fear. Fury, anger, rage, any of those words, unlock something in my daughter. A special program only she has. I took a study up on her, and now I feat the worst...
 
 
At an empty, large spot, Akiri, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro were all there. “Okay, here's the spot to begin!” Temari said. Akiri, now holding her gourd on her back, smiled and nodded. “Okay, so how do we begin?” “Well... since you already know what combat, I guess we should first see what you can do.” Kankuro said. Kankuro and Temari looked over at Gaara. “I think,” Temari began. “You should help her out Gaara. After all, you know more about what she can do more than... us, yeah.” Akiri looked over at Gaara. “So we'll train together!” She said happily. Gaara silently walked to the middle of the empty spot, Akiri following along. Temari and Kankuro moved back a little for precaution. “Okay.” Gaara started. “Let's start with the basics. Concentrate, and try to see if you can move sand.” He said. Akiri stared down at the sand on the ground. Suddenly she grew silent. Her hand slowly raised, as did a stream of sand arose from the ground. Temari and Kankuro stared, and Gaara nodded.Very good, I can't believe that really worked.
 
“Good, keep going.” He said. Akiri raised her other hand. More sand continued to rise. She moved her hands in different directions, the sand continued in perfect directions of her hands. Akiri turned her head to Gaara in amazement. “That's amazing! You can do this too?” “That and much more, but lets not go too far just yet. I don't want any problems.” Akiri lowered her arms and the sand plopped down. She hugged him. “Thank you for teaching me this! I probably never would have learned on my own.” She said. “What did I say about doing this?” Akiri let go. “I'm very sorry.” She said shaking her head. “Whatever, lets just keep practicing.”
 
Hours passed by, Akiri began to learn how to use the sand well. While she was practicing, however, she stopped. “Gaara, something came to my mind.” He looked over at her. “It was a voice. It sounded... a lot like yours, but like it younger, crying, because no one wanted to... play with him. No one loved the boy.” She held her chest, where her heart was to be located. “I felt this pain right here, like the boy, and really hurts, I wanted it to stop.” She looked over at him. His eyes widened at her.“What...?” He asked. “Was that you, in my mind?” She asked. He suddenly grew angry. “How could that be me, I'm right here!? What are you talking about?” Akiri's eye's saddened. “I don't know. I just believe, I heard your voice. It was so depressing, so hurt...” She suddenly fell unconscious. “Akiri?” Gaara quickly stopped her fall. She was out cold. Once again reaching her state of when he first saw Akiri. He looked around. He found by surprise that Temari and Kankuro were gone! He picked up Akiri bridal style and walked quick back his house. As soon as he entered the door, he saw Kankuro sitting in the living room. Kankuro franticly stood up. “Gaara, back so soon? Wait, what happened to Akiri?”
 
Gaara glared at Kankuro. “Where did you and Temari go?” He demanded. “Well, it all started okay, so we left. We thought you could be fine on your own.” Kankuro said, alarmed. Gaara scowled. He turned away and headed to his room. He placed Akiri gently on his bed. “Now what?” he mumbled under his breath. Why did I take her here? What can I do to help her? “What are you going to do for her?” He heard Kankuro at the door. He turned at Kankuro. “I don't know. She just passed out.” Kankuro sighed. “Hope she gets up soon, dinner's almost coming around...” Gaara glared at him. “How can you think of food while this woman is unconscious?” At first, there was fear in Kankuro's face, but then it softened to a smile. “Oh I see where this is going...” Gaara blinked. “What?” “You like her, don't you? You've been so easy on her compared to everyone else.” “Hn, that doesn't mean anything.” Gaara said carelessly. Kankuro smiled bigger. “Oh, I think it means a lot...”
 
Now Gaara was annoyed. “Get out; if you talk about this again I will kill you.” He said furiously. Before Kankuro left he picked up the piece of paper that was at Gaara's door. “Here, this may be yours.”, and threw it toward him. Gaara stared at it fall to the floor. He didn't care about it. He sat down at the corner of his room, staring at Akiri's seemingly lifeless body on his bed. I love only myself and fight only for myself, He kept repeating that in his mind. It seemed hours have passed, and yet Akiri's body did not even move the slightest bit. Maybe she's just dead. He thought. He looked back down at the piece of paper that Kankuro threw. He was getting a little curious about it now. He finally reached for it and read aloud in a whisper:
 
“I'll miss you Akiri. I know you won't remember me when you read this, but know. You will always be in my heart, my dearest daughter. Remember this great saying: The only thing better than being loved, is loving...

                    &nb sp;                    I'll love you forever
.”
 
The only thing better than being loved, is loving? I have never been loved. Akiri doesn't even rememberwhere she came from... Wait, daughter? Who's her...? It doesn't matter. Parents or not she was given up, sent over here. He stood up, glanced at her one last time, and walked out the door. He went outside to go to his usual Cliffside. This time that moon was full, moonlight lit up the entire place. No wait, if whoever sent that note said they love Akiri forever, why was she given up? He placed his hand on his head stressfully and sighed, frustrated.
 
“Agh... Why do I keep thinking about her? She means nothing to me!” He screamed at himself. “Who doesn't?”, Asked a timid voice. Gaara turned to see Akiri, rubbing her eyes. She yawned. “Why do you stay awake? Aren't people supposed to sleep?” She asked. Gaara looked away. “I can't.” “You're an insomniac?” She asked. Gaara sighed. “What do you think?” Akiri frowned. “Excuse me for asking.” She said. She sat next to him on the cliff. She looked up at the full moon. “Wow,” she whispered. “It's so beautiful, the moon. I don't remember seeing it like this.” “It's not that great.” Gaara answered, from seeing the full moon almost all the time. “Is there a reason you can't sleep?” Akiri asked, getting closer. “I'd really like to know.” Gaara stood up. “Why? Why do you care so much? Who would care for... a monster like me? He turned away from her.
 
Akiri had a look of wonder when he said that. She stood up slowly. “Gaara...?” No answer. She inched closer. “Gaara, are you okay?” She asked softly. Still silence. Then Akiri noticed Gaara lift one arm, and sand began to rise. Before she had time to think, her body was engulfed in sand, wrapping hard on her body. He turned to her. “I don't need you.” She only stared in return. “What do you plan to do?” She asked, frightened. Akiri began to wince in pain. He stared at her face, all in pain. I will kill her. In a chocked whisper Akiri said “What did I do? I didn't mean to cause any pain...” She lowered her head. Gaara's hand twitched then is shook violently. I don't need her. He lowered his hand. The sand fell from Akiri's body. She fell down, gasping for breath. She looked up at him. “I'm sorry if I did anything wrong. Would you like to be alone...?” She asked in a soft, scared voice. “Just go.” Gaara said. She walked away quickly. He didn't even glance at her. He just kept staring at his hand. “I... let her go. I let her go.I let her go.” He kept whispering to himself.