Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mechanical Affection ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Mechanical Affection- Chapter 10

Matt’s arm was strewn over my stomach, head resting beside mine as he slept peacefully. We hadn’t- er- He hadn’t fallen asleep this way. I recalled at some point, he shifted in his sleep and rolled over my way from his side of the tent. Maybe he was trying to be courteous, but I wasn’t so sure. I didn’t call the bastard Crazycakes for nothing. I highly suspected him of plotting… What I’m not sure, but breathers weren’t the most trustworthy bunch in the world.
Still… If I wasn’t tied up, this might’ve actually been kind of nice. But I was and I was kind of annoyed by it. I mean, for fuck’s sake. What was I going to do? Smother him with my body while he slept? Run away? It was damn cold out there… All right, I might’ve wandered away, but in my defense I wouldn’t have done so on purpose.
Oh well…
He groaned softly in his sleep and stirred. Then his body went rigid. Hm? I turned my head just a little and tried to look at him in the darkness, but that was all I saw. Darkness… Then he shot up like a rocket and let out a wretchedly high pitched yelp. Fuck! Scream like a girl much, Crazycakes? Shaking my head, I moaned softly in dismay before the lantern light flooded the tent.
Oh, this was rich. Sure, he had no problems with possibly ass-raping a zombie, but when it came to unconventional bodily fluids he wasn’t so steel gutted. He was yelling something or another that was too blatantly loud and fast for me as he wiped his face and fell back on his ass. His face was pale and I was pretty sure he was going to be sick. I rather enjoyed tactlessly educating him on zombie physiology. Was this less number one or two?
More light flooded into the tiny space of Matt’s tent and the yelling continued. The intruder with the light grabbed Matt by the arm and pulled him out. I listened as Matt scrambled away and puked somewhere outside the tent. I knew it. Come on, Crazycakes. What was a little putrid black vomit among prospective fuckbuddies? Or maybe he wasn’t so keen on the idea now.
The kidnapper, Claire maybe? She was talking to him, but too fast or too quiet to understand. Matt was a little easier to hear, I think his upset stomach slowed him down. Really, if I could have been grinning I would have been. I’m not a total asshole but it served him right for not giving me some well-deserved space. I’m a good zombie, well, good enough.
“No.” He gagged a little bit, “I just woke up and it was everywhere.” The woman said something, “I don’t know! I just woke up!” Matt yelled irritably at her, “Oh god, it smells absolutely foul.” He gagged a bit more, “I think I-“ His words were cut off by some more retching. Ha!
The woman popped her head back in, her shirt covering her mouth. Oh don’t look at me like that. I didn’t do it… Or intend to anyway. I tried to move and the action forced a wet gurgle from my lips. Claire, I think, shuddered visibly and retreated. Oh come on! Come back and untie me!
My calls went unanswered. The jerks.
The soft warmth of the sun was tapping away at the tent walls by the time Matt returned. I found it odd that he didn’t seem to be wearing much but didn’t have time to mull this over before he grabbed me by my feet and yanked me out of the tent. My face was in the dirt before I knew it. Maybe he was just a little pissed off. Cheek to the warm ground, I watched not feeling guilty at all as he gathered his blackened belongings and hauled them away.
“Get up already.” Huh? Matt gave me a nudge with his foot as he walked by me to grab some more of his things, “Come on. Up.” Oh, I hadn’t realized he’d untied me. When had he done that? Nevermind. When I managed to get to my feet, Matt had already finished dismantling his tent. Man, that was fast… Oh, wait. Claire and a couple of the mini demons walked by me to grab some more of his things. I guess he had some help.
“I hope you learned your lesson.” Claire said as she directed the heathens were to go with her hands.
“I’m serious, I didn’t do anything to him.” Replied Matt as he glanced my way. I just stared back at him since I didn’t quite have the telepathic ability to understand the words he was silently trying to beam into my skull, “We just went to bed like normal.” He added as if it weren’t clear enough. Well, I was grateful he spelled it out because I sure as hell had no way of knowing, “Could you finish up here? We’ve gotta take a bath.” We?  Take one by yourself… I’d rather not get wet.
The girl paused and looked at me. Then she shrugged, “We can handle it.” Fuck, she sucked at backing me up. Matt grabbed me by the muzzle and I gave him a blank eyed stare. If he thought I was going willingly, he had another thing coming. I don’t care how much he flashed that charming smile. As a zombie, I’m naturally immune to the influence of charisma… And good looks. Speaking of. Where were his clothes? He had boxers on but what happened to the rest?
“Come on, you stubborn mule.” He pulled but I didn’t budge. Hand to his forehead, he let out a pained sigh of exasperation, “Mitch.” Yeah? “Could you not be a dick for once?” It’s not my job to make your life easier. Deal with it. And, hey! What’s this ‘for once’ thing? I thought I was normally pretty easy- er… That didn’t sound right, “This isn’t optional.” That sounded like a challenge to me.
Grabbing me by the arm, he pulled me hard and, rather that pull back like the stubborn mule he said I was, I dropped like a rock. Mitch joined me for the ride, but not on purpose. He cursed and shoved my face of his lap. I think he might have yelled at me before he scooped me up, but when his arms closed around the warmth was about all I could think about. Fuck. That scrawny bastard was stronger than he looked. Now I just felt stupid, being hauled away bridal style.
And… Well, that’s the last thing that was clear. If I was dropped, it was too short and fast to pick up on before icy coldness drowned me to the core.
Muddled words tumbled around in my empty skull as I clung to the warmth that was next to me. It was very warm, so much warmer than the air (was it air?) around me. My body jerked in short bursts of uncontrollable convulsions as the heat left icy trails up my back and shoulders.
Then the words began to make sense and I became aware that I was standing, with assistance, in cold running water. Uck! Rivers! Much too co- Another wave of shudders as more water was poured over my head. I slumped and found my face against the warm belly of someone. Someone… Er. Shudder. Thinking was so hard.
My head was grabbed by both sides to pull my face up. A smiling face grinned back at me. What was this guy so happy about? Something pressed into my own stomach and my head flopped forward. Staring down, I saw that something had happened to my clothes. Wait… Did I have clothes? Was I wearing anyth- Shudder.
Ah! Mr. Trident, Matt! The crazy bastard! Now I remembered. And now wait just a minute, where were his clothes? I looked up and tried to scowl. Taking advantage while I was out! That was low, even for him! Get one of us dressed this instant!
“Don’t like this much, do you?” How could you tell? Am I giving off an evil vibe yet? I tried to darken my glare, but I don’t think it worked. Matt just continued to scrub me down with the cold water, “Well, I’ll make it up to you… Promise, baby.” I’m pretty sure I ain’t nobody’s baby. Of course, as long as Crazycakes kept chowing down on those tasty nuthouse snacks I’m guessing there was no fixing his perception.
Lifting both arms, Matt showed me his tattoo, “Yes,” He touched his tattooed arm, “Or no.” He touched his inkless arm, “Do you just not like water?” I wanted to roll my eyes at him, but I shuddered instead and vaguely looked at his blank arm. Then he let out a hum and draped his arms around my bare shoulders, “Cold huh? I thought it was refreshing.” Well, it isn’t. He shrugged, “Serves you right for that black stuff.” Huh? Oh right… “You did that on purpose didn’t you?” Nope, not at all. I am doing this on purpose. Slumped forward, I spilled the contents of my guts. It hadn’t been particularly bothersome or uncomfortable, but since I was miserable it seemed reasonable enough. Also, I was extremely limited on my options to display my displeasure.
Matt let out a girlish yelp and tried to jump away. He didn’t get very far though since I was too cold to let my only source of warmth escape. I felt something hit me upside the head, but instead of yelling… I heard laughing?
Startled, I looked up. He really was nuts, wasn’t he? Arching my back, I leaned back so I could down at him with my head quizzically cocked to one side. Short crazy bastard. Grinning at me, he grabbed my head and, without any warning I could decipher, he ducked my head under the water. That jerk.
And then I wasn’t in the water anymore. Who knows how or when that happened. I felt like a drowned rat.
When he pulled the towel off my head, he was the first thing I saw. I don’t remember if he smiled at me like that before, “Better?” He asked as he draped the towel over my shoulders. Oh I guess. However, I’d be happier with clothes on. You know, just in case he tried to jump my rotten bag of bones, “Good. Logan says we’re heading out again today. Grocery shopping.” Oh really? “Caleb and Nate are coming.” Who? Damn it I’m bad with names, “Oh, and Mary of course.” Oh! We’re taking the hummer! That made me excited. I liked the hummer.
“Hey, Fag!” Hm? I looked towards the sound. Oh, it was King Kong. The big black guy was kind of a prick. Couldn’t he see that we were busy with… Uh… Whatever it was we were doing?
Matt didn’t bother trying to cover me and turned to look, “What?” He sounded more pissed than he looked. Though admittedly, I couldn’t see his face very well. The big guy spoke some to Matt before Matt waved his hand, “Yeah… All right. Just let us get dressed.” There was a pause, “Prick.” Hey! I just thought that… Or maybe Matt called him a prick so much it was almost the guy’s name to me. What was his name? “Earth to Mitch.” I looked at Matt. He was no longer directly in front of me, but a few feet away. He had pants on. How long had I just been standing there? I hadn’t fallen asleep had I? Oh maybe I had, “Time to get dressed. Do I have to force that on you too?” No. Stop being such a tight ass. I’m coming.
When I staggered over to him, he turned around and started rummaging through a duffel bag and pulled out some clothes, “I swear to God. If you vomit that black shit all over me again, I’m going to kick your ass.” The more he suggested it the more I wanted to do it again. Too bad I was quite empty… and hungry. I watched him kneel in front of me and grab my leg. I nearly fell but Matt caught my hand and held my balance for me, “You don’t make this easy.” He complained. I could make it harder if that would make him appreciate this more.
He struggled for a good while to get my legs in the pants. However, once that obstacle was overcome, it was easier. He pulled them up, fastened them for me, and then easily pulled my shirt over my head and guided my arms through. This must have been so much fun for him. A human sized doll to play dress-up with. I bet he always wanted one of those when he was a little boy.
“There.” He gave me a good look up and down now that I was fully dressed, gloves, boots, jacket and all, “Oh! One more thing.” He grabbed something more from the bag and slapped it on my head. A baseball cap? Was he trying to make me look retarded? “I’d put glasses on you but I don’t think you’d be able to see with them on… You’re kind of already blind right? You should really stop staring off into the sun.” He mentioned as he zipped up the bag and threw it over his shoulder. I followed when he wandered off back to his tent site where Claire and the gremlins were nowhere to be seen.
After dropping off the bag, it was time to go and I finally remembered who Nate and Caleb were, Lucifer and Blue Eyes. Nate was as interesting to look at as ever and very jingly. Hm. And Blue Eyes was as normal as ever. Aside from them, our driver was there and the dominatrix. She wouldn’t look at me as Matt shoved me in the hummer before I could attack the engine.
I guess they couldn’t trust Matt to get things done right. He was kind of useless… Most of the time. I think I was more confused why they brought either of us along at all if four other breathers were going.
When the vehicle came to a stop, everyone but the girl behind the wheel got out, “You wait here.” Said the woman in black as she rushed forward to the door. She looked like she had training. Breaking into the targeted building, she snuck in and the rest of us waited. What were we waiting for- Shots rang out inside and instinctively I moved to go to the source. If she was dead, I got first dibs.
The breathers followed me inside before pushing on ahead, I guess I moved too slow for their tastes. They began opening doors every which directly and looking down hallways. What a bunch of amateurs… I kept on course, stumbling along steadily. Matt and I had passed by the other two that had run down an opposite hallway when Matt grabbed my shoulder.
“Mitch, wait.” Why? I know where I’m going, “We should wait for Caleb and Nate.” Oh, what? You scared. Come on you pussy, we’ll be fine. I moved on and Matt followed shortly after, “Where are you going?” To find something to eat hopefully. I’m not some plant that needs to be fed fertilizer once a month, I’m hungry.
Oh fucker, the bitch wasn’t dead. I stopped in the doorway as she whipped around and aimed the gun at my head. I was one of the good guys, right? I still wasn’t sure that she wouldn’t blow my brains out all over Matt’s clean clothes. The poor guy just got washed off but she seemed like she didn’t care. I made a low hissing noise as I pulled back my lips to bare my teeth at her, “Keep that thing on a leash.” She glared at Matt and I growled at her. Seriously, the whole ‘thing’ bit was getting old.
“Lay off, Trinity. We just came to make sure you were all right.” Yeah… Sure that’s what we were doing. I wandered away from his side and stared curiously a the half headed figure on the ground. A zombie. A shame it wasn’t a breather, I could’ve eaten that. What happened to the good old days when breathers shot breathers?
With no food to be found, I left the room without bothering to listen to Matt or Trinity. Nate rushed by me on the way down the hall. Where was the other one? Was he dead? There was another one… All the way back to the beginning I wandered outside. The girl was still in the car.
Where, oh where? I searched. I could feel a vague inkling of warmth that led me away. No one tried to stop me. Falling in through the window of a nearby building, I knocked over some large soft bodied things. As I stood, I realized that they were others, like me. They struggled a bit more than I to get up and I watched them as they groaned and jerked on the floor. One gave up and the others barely regarded me as they went about their own business. I’m not sure if they were just stupid or if they just didn’t care… I didn’t stick around to find out because I didn’t care and we were all looking for the same thing. The source of the faint warmth.
I followed a few feet back before stopping and turning a corner. Maybe I could get to it faster some other way.
“Mitch!” I kept going until I was caught by the head, “Mitch!” I leaned back as I was pulled and looked at him upside down. Matt could be such a pest, “Where are you going?” Looking for lunch. Being generically undead. Getting away from you. Any of the above really, “You could get lost.”
Tugging me close, he caught me under an arm and I gave up any hope of slipping away for a meal… Oh wait, that wouldn’t have worked anyway, which explained why I wasn’t trying to eat Matt’s face off. Mm, faces are delicious, “Where’s Caleb?” Who? I looked around. Oh right, that’s what I was looking for. I’d temporarily forgotten when I was trying to be smart alecky with Matt, who unfortunately could not appreciate my silent remarks.
Wait a second. Uh… We had to leave. I tried to move but he wouldn’t let me as he grabbed his radio. Seriously, dude, you won’t like the guys that just wandered away down that hall. I groaned loudly and thrashed enough to knock the radio loose form his hands. Let’s go! “Christ, what’s with you?” What’s with you, stop being so retarded and move! I rammed into him hard this time and he fell back into the wall. Dumbass. He was so loud and hot, he couldn’t have been more appetizing if he was freshly filleted and laid out on a silver platter.
He started to sit up when he looked at me and froze. A deer in the headlights, great. Turning around, I bared my teeth and let out a rasping snarl. Beat it, this breather was off limits. They didn’t get it and maybe I was a little happy for it. I could be a secret asshole because a good fight seemed like a lot of fun.
When I swung at the closest one and struck him to the ground, I think he was surprised. Zombies attacking zombies? It was madness! I lashed out at another and then another. None attempted to fight back and just stared at me dumbly. Only when I felt Matt behind me did they suddenly come to life. Lurching forward they attempted to get Matt but ended up grabbing and biting me instead. I never said we didn’t make mistakes. They must have thought I was alive.
“Shit, Mitch!” I heard Matt yell as he got close and bashed a few heads with, well, I’m not sure was it was but it sure as hell worked. They dropped and I stared down at their unmoving bodies. Then I looked up as the building was stormed by breathers, ones I recognized.
“Could you not try and get yourselves killed?” Uh… A little late for concern, I died quite a while ago.
“We were looking for you Caleb. Stop wandering off.” Matt growled, his lips so close to my ears that I could feel his breath. If I was alive I might have been concerned about personal space. Not now. Though, he was making me feel those hunger pangs a bit more intensely. If he’d just take off this mask, we could be even closer. Can’t get much closer than inside me right? Wait… That didn’t come out right.
I stared at Matt suspiciously. Why did he like me so much?
The scary looking lady in black glared at us and said something in a nasty tone and Matt shrugged. As we left, he placed a hand on my shoulder, “Better stay close. I think she means it.” We’ll just continue like I knew what the hell he was talking about.
We paused just outside the building and Matt kissed my cheek, “Thanks for saving me again.” Uh huh. Don’t make me regret it… Though admittedly that would be quite the feat wouldn’t it. You know, since I was becoming rather fond of him too.