Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Great Pokemon Race ❯ Fire Course ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Û¥-1@ -©[Êg)Z f$f$$f$f$f$f$f 2f¬ÞfÞfÞfÞfÞf
èfÞfg(,g,g,g,g,g,g,g ,g,g.g.g.g.g.g.gLg4gJLg$f LgLg./ Armored Red Eyes: Hey all! ^.^ Well, now's the moment you've all been WAITING for! Yep! I'm finally starting my Pokémon Racing Competition! But...let me say a few things before we begin...
First off... I'd like to remind you all that in the rules, I said that TMs and HMs were NOT allowed. I think most of ALL of you ignored that rule. Sooooooo...whatever... Nothing I can do NOW. But, ANYWAY, I decided that I'll ONLY use the moves you requested. I'm NOT going to use any other ones but the four moves you set.
But that's okay, because this race is only for FUN, not for "I'm gonna win! I'm gonna WIN!" I just thought it'd be fun to see you all out their on the courses I made up.
Oh, and another thing. I actually drew the courses on blank pieces of paper so that I'll know exactly what I'm doing when and where. Just in case you were wondering...

Shi-Rauko: YEAH, sis. We GET it already! Just START so I can see me WIN!

Armored Red Eyes: Ya see...? My point exactly...

Shi-Rauko: *doesn't hear* ^___^

Armored Red Eyes: Okay. I've wasted enough of your time already. I hope I got everyone... Oh well! Let's begin! ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! The race for the Fire Course is about to begin!" the announce from a high stand said into a microphone. "There are six competitors for this race! The trainers are Monica, Call DoL, Ryouko, Mareo, Angel, and Ed!"

The six trainers walked up a little in front of the starting line, so they could give room for their Pokémon.

Monica was first. She was a girl of about 5'4''. She had short dark brown hair, which she dyed red, but it turned out pink... She had a blue shirt on with an Eevee printed on it winking, and she wore black glasses with three white jewels on each side. She pulled out a Friend ball. "I choose, Flary!" she threw the green Poké ball out in front of her, and it opened with a bang.

The white light touched the ground, and then formed her fire type.

"Flaaarrrr!" she cried, puffing her collar out.

"And Monica's first Pokémon is Flareon!" the announcer said.

The next trainer was Call DoL. He whipped out a Level ball, and then threw it into the air. "Go! Xeythor!" It burst open, sending out his fire/grass Pokémon.

"Xeeeeey!" his genderless Pokémon cried. It was a red and green Pokémon. (A/N Yeah, that's really ALL Call DoL told me... Eheheheh... Well, I guess...if it's alright with HIM, then I'll make stuff up as I go... ^.^;;;)

"Whoa!" the announcer cried, "What is THAT?"

"My Pokémon," Call DoL replied casually, grinning.

"Thoorrr..." Xeythor breathed slowly.

The next trainer was Ryouko. She had black shoulder length hair with red tips cut in layers, dark-ish blue eyes. She was wearing a black tanktop with a picture of a red cross at the corners in the middle. She also had gray baggy jeans that showed her midsection, a black belt with two small chains hanging off the right side, black gloves with the finger part cut out, and she also wore a red headband. She then pulled out a Poké ball, and threw it out in front of her. "I choose Quilava!"

It blasted open, spraying white light out in every direction. The light formed on the ground, showing her fire type.

"Laaaaaaaa!" Quilava cried, fire coming out of his head and rear end.

"And Ryouko will start with her Quilava!" the announcer announced.

The next trainer was Mareo. (Or as I like to say... Mr. Blue. Heh heh... Couldn't resist...) He wore a blue T-shirt, blue shorts, a blue backpack, a blue bandanna, and had blue hair, and eyes. He then took out a Poké ball as well. "I choose you! Blaze!" he threw the Poké ball up in the air, and it opened with a flash of white light. The light took form of his fire type.

"Quiiilll!!" Blaze cried out.

"And Mareo will ALSO enter with a Quilava!" the announcer said.

The next trainer was Angel. She had black leather pants, a blank tanktop, a black jacket that stops just below her breast, fighting gloves, and shoes. Her black hair was in a braid. She whipped out one of her six Poké balls, and threw it high into the air. "Go for it! Salem!" the ball hit the ground, and released the fire Pokémon inside it.

"Neeeeeeeigggghhh!" Salem cried, getting on her back hooves, and waved her front hooves in front of her.

"And Angel will be using her Rapidash!" the announcer cried.

The last trainer was Ed. (Just so you all know, Ed's a girl.) She had a white headband with a red dot in the middle, two harpy eagle feathers sticking out of the headband, hair in a long braid, tinted glasses, red tube top, sagging tanned shirt, tanned shorts, striped green and black stockings, black arm warmers, and silver boots. She pulled out a Luxury ball. "Go! Blaze!" then she threw it into the air, and it burst open, sending white light towards the ground. It took the shape of her fire/fighting Pokémon.

"Blaaaaaaaaaaze..." Blaze slowly breathed out loud.

"And Ed will be using her Blaziken!" the announcer said. "Pokémon! Take your place at the starting line!"

The six Pokémon walked steadily to their place at the starting point. The stone path awaited them patiently.

Kelly then came up to them, patting the trainers' shoulders. "You guys all ready for this?" she asked.

They all nodded.

"Okay then!" she smiled. "Have the best luck, then!"

The referee pulled out a gun, pointed at the sky, then fired.

The bang had sent all the Pokémon running! They tore down the stoned path as fast as they could.

"And they're off!" the announcer cried, "Rapidash is in the lead! Tailed by Blaziken! Xeythor's a close third, and the two Quilava's and the Flareon are covering the rear!"

Salem was pounding down the stones with an awesome speed. Her head was moving up and down as she ran. Her fire mane was whipping behind her while the wind was blowing over her entire body. The hooves clacked across the stone loudly, repeating the movement of her legs.

Blaze (Blaziken) was running at a top speed just feet behind her. He pounded the ground with his awesome legs. His powerful legs allowed him just the speed he needed in order to catch Salem.

"Blaaaaaaaaaaazeeee!!!" Blaze cried, extending his right claw outward, bringing it down upon Salem with a Slash attack.

"Rrrrrrrreeeeee!" Salem cried in pain, leaping aside, bucking, and lashing out with her powerful hind legs.

Xeythor, being so close, got the full blast of Salem's hard-as-rock hooves. "Xeeeeeeeeeeeey!!" it cried out in pain, falling to the ground. It was a quick healer, though. It got RIGHT back up, and lashed out at any passerby.

Unfortunately, it was Quilava.

"LAAAAAAAAAA!" Quilava cried out, instantly using a Flamethrower as self defense.

"Thoooooooorrr!" Xeythor cried, trying to use its Leaf Blade, but Quilava had already made his escape.

Xeythor didn't waste another minute. It tore down the path yet again, forgetting about Quilava.

Flary was running as fast as her legs could carry her. She turned just when Blaze (Quilava) passed her.

"Flar?" Flary said, cocking her head. Her eyes then narrowed. She quickened her pace, then leapt over to Blaze. She got him with a Tackle attack.

"QUILLLAVAAA!" Blaze cried, throwing Flary off him. He then jumped on her back, and leapt over her in a leapfrog movement.

Flary wasn't too happy with Blaze as she took something out of the bag that was around her neck. It was a small bomb!

Flary took it in her mouth, spat it at Blaze, then cried out, "FLAREON!"

Almost immediately, the bomb exploded, blowing everything, including part of the stone path, away.

Flary looked around for Blaze, but she couldn't see him.

Lucky for him, Blaze managed to get away using his Quick Attack.

"Flar..." Flary muttered discouragingly, and kept on running.

Back with Blaze (Blaziken), Xeythor was coming close behind him. Blaze turned around, just when he began to ascend the wooden stairs of the course.

Xeythor opened its mouth wide, then blasted out a huge fireball. It was its Fire Blast attack.

"Ken!" Blaze cried, getting struck by the attack, and then falling on the stairs.

Xeythor then trampled it on its own way up the wooden steps.

Blaze lay there, twitching.

Meanwhile, Salem was beginning to catch up again, recovering from Blaze's Slash attack just as Quilava came running by.

The two of them were just about neck-and-neck, when Salem put on another burst of speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back with the trainers, they were all waiting at the finish line for their Pokémon to come up.

Ed pulled out her Pokémon Scanner, which allowed her to see all the Pokémon, and where they were. They were all labeled dots moving along the scanner. She also had tiny microphones in their ears so that they could hear her telling them what to do.

"Blaze? BLAZE! WHAT ARE DOING?! NOW'S NOT THE TIME FOR A NAP!!! GET BACK UP AND WWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!" Ed screamed through Blaze's microphone.

"Yeah! Xeythor's WINNING!" Call DoL said happily. "Take THAT you Blaziken!"

"Say WHAT??" Ed said, getting right in Call DoL's face.

"Uhhhhhhhh, nothing...!" Call DoL replied, backing away from Ed. "Whoa..." he murmured when she was out of earshot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blaze (Blaziken) got the message Ed was sending him, got up, but only because of the loudness of the speaker in his ear. "BBBBLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAA!!!" he cried in pain.

Once he was back on his feet, Salem and Quilava came and ran him over.

Blaze was once again on the ground. "Blaaaaa..." he had swirly thingys for eyes.

Blaze (Quilava) suddenly appeared again, and trampled Blaze (Blaziken) too. "Quila!" he said to the unconscious Blaziken.

Then FLARY showed up, and hopped along Blaze's face too.

Blaze continued to lay there unconscious. Drool began to come out of his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel decided she'd better tell her Rapidash what to do, seeing as how it was behind Xeythor. She could communicate to her Pokémon telepathically, so she didn't have to use any microphones that could be in danger of getting smashed.

<Salem,> she said to her, <you've gotta catch up to that Xeythor. It could cost you the race if you don't... But take care of that Quilava first... I'd say a Fire Beam outta take care of that...>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salem had gotten the message her trainer was sending to her. Her eyes drifted to behind her, where, sure enough, Quilava was. He was actually gaining on her with all the speed he could muster.

Salem sighed on the inside, and began mission: Get Rid of Quilava. She turned around, stopping in her tracks for a better shot, and then blasted out her Fire Beam attack. It was a clear beam of pure fire, and it went straight for Quilava.

Quilava's eyes grew huge as the beam of fire jetted right towards him, blowing him backwards on the track. He hit the ground, bounced off, and then rolled until he lay there on his back, unmoving.

Salem nodded her approval, and then bounded off again, her hooves pounding the bark of the tree that had fallen over when Xeythor came by. It made a good bridge, Salem thought. There was now only one target left for her.

Blaze (Quilava) came by seconds later, saw the other Quilava, and gasped. He then realized that he didn't have the time to stand there, so he bounded off again.

Flary was very close now. The small pause Blaze had done was all she needed to catch up to him. She was within inches of him. Blaze noticed, and tried to gain some more speed. But Flary was too quick, and she sank her fangs into him with a Bite attack before he knew what hit him.

"QUIIIIII!!!" Blaze cried out, reacting with an Acid Armor. He quickly melted into acid, releasing himself of Flary's deadly grasp.

Flary looked at the puddle below her. She narrowed her eyes, and then blew out a Flamethrower attack right at the remains of Blaze. Being flammable, the acid quickly caught on fire sending what Flary hoped to be pain to Blaze.

She stood there, gawking at the fire for a while, before realizing that now would be a really good time to get going again. She tore off again.

The acid was still on fire, when Blaze turned back into a fire Pokémon again. Once he was back to normal, without a trace of acid on him, the fire ceased. Blaze also took some of the fire in for his own use. He had some black marks on him, but he could keep going.

"Quilllll..." he muttered in anger, and tore off after Flary and the other racers.

By now, Xeythor was on top of the mountain part of the course, making its way to the next part; the incredibly steep hill.

It stopped just above to gaze down the steepness of the hill, trying to figure out how it would get down there unhurt.

It was only then that Salem caught up with Xeythor, leaping into the air, and coming down on it with a Stomp attack.

Xeythor cried out in pain, suddenly using its Rainy Day attack. Rain suddenly began pouring down on both of the fire types. Xeythor wasn't nearly as affected by it as Salem, because it was part grass as well.

Salem backed off yet again, trying to shake the water off of her body.

Xeythor grinned slowly, knowing what it wanted to use next. It suddenly jumped into the air, and came crashing back down, starting up its Earthquake attack.

The earthquake headed in every direction, but Salem got a pretty good blast anyway. The ground shook so fiercely that she lost her balance and fell to the ground.

This gave Xeythor the opportunity to attack Salem if it wanted to, but it saw Flary suddenly show up, so it decided it was a waste of time. It suddenly turned around, and then leapt off the steep hill, losing its footing very fast, and then tumbling all the way to the bottom.

Flary dashed on by the fallen Salem, and bolted down the hill, losing her footing as well. She first got her front paw stuck in a crevice, then did a front flip, and rolled all the way to the bottom.

Blaze (Quilava) suddenly showed up again, shooting past Salem, and down the steep hill, tripping over rocks in his way, skidding on his side, and then rolled sideways down the hill.

Salem shakily got back on her feet. Her limbs were shaking all over, but she managed to trot to the edge of the hill, and then dashed down the hill, never losing her balance once.

Xeythor was in the lead, bounding down the path leading to the volcano as fast as it could.

Flary was slowly gaining on it, her breathing very quick.

Blaze was right behind her yet again, kicking dust behind him as he went.

Salem was recovering from the shock of the earthquake, and her speed quickened and quickened as she continued to run.

Flary wasn't very far from Xeythor either, but Salem was gaining speed so fast, that it almost wasn't fair. She turned around and saw Blaze running, but then saw Salem belting towards her with those powerful hooves, and she nearly jumped out of her fur. She turned back around, concentrating on Xeythor instead of Salem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed was eyeing her PokéScanner again, and saw that her Blaze was knocked unconscious again. "What?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BLAAAAAAAAAZE!!!"

Call DoL rushed over to her. "Let me see that scanner!" he looked at the scanner, seeing that the beeping dot in the lead was definitely his Pokémon. "YEEEEEEEAAAA!!!"

"Hey!" Mareo said, "Where's Blaze?"

Then Angel came up. "How's Salem?"

"Is Flary okay?" Monica asked, joining them.

Ed got an anger vein on her forehead. "They're FINNNEEEE! It's my Blaziken that's not THEEEERREEEE!!!"

The four trainers just stood there and stared. Then they left again.

"Poor Quilava..." Ryouko murmured to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four Pokémon then began to approach the volcano, the main part of the course.

Xeythor and Salem were now neck-and-neck, racing desperately to get to the volcano first.

Flary and Blaze were trying to keep up, moving as fast as their short legs would carry them.

Blaze suddenly began to speed up; he was using his Quick Attack.

Flary looked bewildered. She didn't know Quick Attack. "Flar..." she huffed.

The rain was still pouring out there, and it was slowing Flary, Blaze, and Salem all down since they were pure fire types. Salem was still catching up with Xeythor, though. If it weren't for the rain, Salem probably would've been in the lead.

Once they were close to the volcano, molten lava began spurting out of it like fireworks.

Bunches of the stuff was shooting out everywhere, especially where the Pokémon needed to go. Some of it came so close to Flary, that she leapt to one side, bulldozing straight into Salem, who slowed down so the lava in front of HER wouldn't hit her.

"Raaaaa!" Salem cried, with Flary on her back.

Flary held on to Salem, deciding that she'd rather have a ride than walk. But Salem didn't agree all too well. She bucked and bucked, sending Flary flying, and landing on the ground, RIGHT where the path up to the top of the volcano began.

Flary shrugged. "Flar." she then began to ascend up the path.

Xeythor, Blaze, and Salem were right on her tail.

The four fire Pokémon sped up that path with so much speed, it really wasn't funny.

On the way, of course, lava was flowing down the sides of the volcano, some even on their path. They all leapt over the lava that occasionally came into their path, and continued to run to the top of the volcano.

Once they had made it there, they all paused before actually going DOWN into the volcano. That was were the path led.

The path inside the volcano was very tricky. It was all on one path, but with lava going everywhere, it wouldn't be very easy.

Salem was in the lead this time, mainly for her regain of speed, seeing as how the water couldn't come into the volcano. Xeythor tore after her, with Flary and Blaze on its tail. They were even on their OWN tails.

The path winded around in circles until it reached the very bottom of the volcano, where an underground passageway waited for them.

Xeythor stretched its sharp claws out at Salem, trying to tear away at her flesh, but she managed to turn all too fast, and it sent Xeythor sailing into the volcano's walls. It tore away from the wall; it was HOT!!! Xeythor screeched in pain, lashing its claws out at the other two.

Luckily, Flary ducked in time, but Blaze wasn't as lucky. He got smacked right in the jawbone, which sent him flying backwards, head over heels, onto the path again. He lay there for a bit, then picked himself back up and tried to run back again, having a small limp in his left hind foot.

Salem and Flary bolted down to the underground path, and ran through the dimmed path. Xeythor had recovered itself from the heat of the wall, and was after them again. Blaze was there too, going slower, but not by much.

The competitors could barely see where they were going, and suddenly, Salem swerved sharply to the left.

The other three turned to stare after her, but they all three suddenly crashed into solid wall.

They stayed that way for a while, but soon peeled themselves off, shook themselves, and turned left too.

Salem had gotten a call from her trainer, telling her that there was a sharp turn, so she turned right when Angel told her.

The other trainers missed that, but their Pokémon were tailing Salem yet again.

Suddenly, the path turned again, but this time to the right. It was a much wider turn, so no one crashed this time.

Salem was still in the lead, Xeythor clawing right behind her, Flary tailing Xeythor, and Blaze tailing Flary.

Suddenly, light filtered down the passage, and at once they knew that was their exit.

Salem bolted out of the tunnel, then Xeythor, then Flary, and then Blaze. The finish line was in clear view with the checkered line and everything.

Blaze's foot began to ache at this point, but he ignored it anyway. He suddenly lit up, using another Quick Attack, and began shooting his way to the finish line.

Unluckily for him, Salem saw that, and began to push her power to the next level. She dug her hooves harder into the ground, ducking her head lower for more speed.

Xeythor suddenly used Leaf Blade, and aimed for Blaze. The leaves struck, but barely slowed Blaze down at all. He continued to duke it out.

Flary whipped out another one of her small bombs from her pouch, and threw it between Salem and Blaze. It landed between them as Flary hoped, causing another explosion.

It caught Salem off guard, along with Xeythor, who was closing the gap between it and Salem, but Blaze outran that as well. He made an extra bolt to the finish line, and zipped right over it.

Salem crossed a few seconds later, then Xeythor, then Flary.

Blaze stopped glowing, and stopped after making it past the finish line.

Mareo rushed over to his injured Pokémon. "Wow, Blaze! That was amazing!"

"Lava..." Blaze muttered, closing his eyes sleepily.

Monica, Angel, and Call DoL ran over to their Pokémon as well. They congratulated them anyway, even though they didn't win.

Ryouko and Ed were looking disappointed that their Pokémon didn't even survive the deadly course.

Kelly then came up to Mareo, and handed him a gold trophy with a fire mark on the cap of it. "There's chocolate in there," she told him.

Mareo looked at the trophy, then took the lid off. "By golly you're RIGHT."

"Quilava!" Blaze said happily.

"Chocolate's COOL!" Mareo commented, taking some out, and handing it to his Quilava.

Blaze took it gratefully, and stuffed it in his mouth all at once.

"Alright!" the announcer began, "The winner for the fire course is Mareo! The next course will be the water course! We'll see you all then! Good-bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Armored Red Eyes: Whew! How was THAT for the first course? Good?

Readers: *nod*

Armored Red Eyes: Well, anyway, I hope that Ryouko isn't too disappointed that her Quilava didn't make it through the whole course. But that could happen to ANYone's Pokémon.

Shi-Rauko: Well? What about ME? You made my Blaziken get TRAMPLED on! ;.;

Armored Red Eyes: Oh...well... That's not important!

Shi-Rauko: O.O WHAT?!?! YES IT IS!!!

Armored Red Eyes: I have no idea what she's talking about. Anyway, I hope that you all liked it, and that I also hope that it wasn't BORING. It isn't very easy to keep up with six different Pokémon in different places. I learned that the HARD way... Oh well. Please review! ^.~
©[ D=éë8:np QS79©«. 0 u w ª ¬ ì ; î

x z ª ¬ â ä
 z|ÅÇ
³µøúY[Ç É  PRÁÃ35  ¢µ·ðò24LN `b%'¢¤üþûö ;ññììììììì&n tilde;ìììûìñìöì ììììììñìû&igr ave;ììììììçìñ ;ìììììâììì&ig rave;ìÝìñìììç&igrav e;ììñìñìñìì& igrave;ììììñìûì&Yacu te;ìûìñìñìûì À!À!À!À! À!À!Wþ!vxâ& auml;GI´¶NPÏÑJL þ ; = à Š\!^!À!Â!""X"Z"x" z"ô"ö"Q#S#u#w#Ø#Ú# Ö$Ø$|%~%Ï%Ñ% &&& &­&¯&[']'¦'¨'ý'ÿ ;'}((º(¼())5)7)#*%*î*ð* ++Û+Ý+Ñ,Ó,--~..$/& /E0G0Ï0Ñ0¸1ûöñöñ ;öñöñöñöñöñ&oum l;ööñöööööööñ&ou ml;ñöööööööñöñ öööñöìöìöñö& ouml;öñöööìööööö ñöööööööìöì&ou ml;ööìöìöìöìö&nti lde;öçöñöìÀ!&Agra ve;!À!À![¸1º1M2 O2]3_3µ3·34464¯4±4(5*5ÿ 56J6L6ì6î677®8°8{9}95:7: î:ð:N;P;;;Ú;Ü;T<V<== À=Â=N>P>ý>ÿ>&?(? N?P???í?ï?7@9@j@l@@@ç@&eac ute;@EAGA¦A¨AëAíA?BAB8C:CC CDDÉDËD¿EÁEFF9F;FFF kGmGæGèGjHlHûöûñû& ucirc;ûöûöûöûìûû& ucirc;öûöûçûìûì&ucir c;ìûöûûûûûöû&nti lde;ûûûöûìûûûû& ucirc;ûûöûçûûûûû ;öûöûöûûûûûì ;ûöûìûûûìûû&uc irc;ûûöûìûöûöû À!À!À!À! [lHFIHIÎIÐIïJñJLLùL&uc irc;LfMhMÊMÌM7N9N·N¹N O
OOO÷OùOQPSPêPìPQQ;R =RÍRÏR{S}S@TBTTTÎTÐTU UXUZUÙUÛU?VAVÍVÏVW WBWDWWWãWåWXXÅXÇX YY Y!YÓYÕY$Z&Z^Z`ZZZ©[û ;öñöìöìöûöñö ;ñöñöñöööñö&ntild e;öñöñöñöñöñ&ou ml;ûöûöööööööö&oum l;ñöñöñööööç&ntil de;öööñööööööö&uci rc;öööööçöì À !À!À!À!MD 
Þ)Z ÿÿÿÿ B ý&Q/ý7ì>fFyNÄU)Zÿ ÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿU& yuml;ÿÿÿÿÿkÿÿ %ÿÿ ÿÿ
Xÿÿ ÿÿ ©[.þ ¸1lH©[/012(Times New Roman Symbol&Arial'Z'ZJJ'Zñ
"ÐhÁüÆÁü&AEl ig;J
pokemon_race3NCR Licensed CustomerNCR Licensed Customer