Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Starlit to Lifes, Curses and Demons ❯ SULFUR? FIREWORKS? FLOWERS? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ranma isn't mine; he is the property of Takahashi-sensei as well as Flame of Recca by Nobuyuki Anzai. Yu Yu Hakusho isn't mine either, he's belong to Yoshihiro Togashi while Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. Everyone knows that… Anyway, I don't make any profit out of this so… don't sue me. Anything I don't stated is mine.

Remind you I'm a slow writer…. Slow can be defining in lot of ways. For example;

- the plot of the story maybe too slow to get to the point.

- the update is slow.

- think other things you can define slow.

Let's continue to story.

"Blah" speech, `blah' thoughts, blah just to highlight,

-blah- mind talk

Chapter 04 - SULFUR? FIREWORK? FLOWERS?

They set their destination to the west.

"Alright this time where're going to the west! THE WEST!"

"Yuusuke-san why are you so fanatic with the West?"

"Well… It just The Wild Wild West~~ Going To The Wild Wild West!"

Urameshi begins hopping and dance as if there's a music turn on inside the cart…

"Nuts…."

The horse cart moves on to the west until they reach a river to stop by and give sometimes for the horses to rest and drink. The river is a small shallow river, flows slowly where across it is vertical wall of stone. Urameshi study the scroll the got and Kurama filled up water container from the cart, Recca still trying to figure out his ring bracelet for a while Ranma start doing his kata. "I still don't know how did this thing works! I attack my enemy by freezing them instead burning them when the middle jewel glow," Recca looking at his hand.

"And that's just one jewel…"

"So?"

"How about the other jewels at your hand ne?" putting the water container back in the horse cart to be store.

"Yeah! If that blue jewel can change your abilities, freezing people out, what about the other jewels?" Urameshi looked at Recca out from the scroll open in his hand. "Never thought of it," Recca scratch his neck. "So test it", Ranma stop doing his kata. "I don't know the slightest way how to activate it, dam it!" Recca crossing his arms to his body. "So figure it out", Ranma jump to a tree, landed at the highest branch. He looked at the surrounding, "If you can't figure it now, how about we explore a bit our perimeter surrounding? I can see there's a small cave across the river. What do you say? Guys?"

"You go on, I would like to find plants that can be use to our advantage and alarm if any danger around." Kurama smiled. "How about you Yuusuke?" "I think I'll go with Ranma for a break from this scrolls." Rolling up the scrolls and store it in the cart. "How about the horses? Let the unattended?" Recca eying at the horses. "I will watch them. You don't need to worry of it and go if you want to…"

"Okay"

----------------- ------------------

"Its looks like a normal cave… man… I thought there would be something secret in here"

"Why in the world would you think like that Ranma? Eww… this cave's air is full with guano smells!" Urameshi covers his nose. "Well, it a hunch. When I saw this cave, I got a feeling there's something useful can be use in it"

"I guess your hunch is right Ranma-san"

"Huh?" Urameshi and Ranma look at Recca who right now looking at the walls of the cave. Recca inspecting the wall closer, "these walls is cover with acid substance…" He grin wide, "that been use as one of the components to make fireworks and as one of the three basic for making bombs. I can make more of my bombs".

"One of three?" Ranma question.

"So what's the other two?"

"Sulfur and carbon. Sulfur is a bit hard to find but carbon can be found in coal or out burn woods we burn."

--------------- --------------------

Sometimes later….

"That cave is dangerous!"

"Look at the bright side. Deeper in the cave there's sulfur and we can make as make bombs and fireworks we want."

"SULFUR? BOMBS? FIREWORK??? Are you forgetting the sulfur gas fucking thick in there? Man… Good thing you can create shields for all of us. Its hard to believe the air is uncontaminated until you get to the middle tunnel of the cave." (A/N: A very odd cave to have both… sulfur usually can be found near volcanic area or hot spring; so it's a hot spring water cave. Don't tell me that hot spring and cave can't mix coz anything can happen in this story. If you asked what type of acid; I forgot and if I do remember, I wont tell coz I don't want to be the cause if somewhere near your place blows because of bombs… with current world's news of worried of bombs.)

"It just sulfur Ranma… you don't need to be mad at Recca"

"NANI!! It's a fucking hell poison gas dam it!"

"The air in Makai is much poison…"

"Puu, pu, puuuryu~~" (A/N: Puu agree with Urameshi.)

"I'm not a person that can breath poison air like you or you, Puu!"

"Well Ranma-san, don't forget you're the one who invite both of us into the cave."

"Whatever!"

They reach their camp area, Kurama already pack waiting for them, "so what did you fine?" (A/N: He still asking even he knows with his VERY sensitive hearing). "Things we can use to make sparks and something to blow up. Do you have something that we can use to gather Kurama-san? Flask or bottle?" asked Recca.

---------------- -------------------

"Touch down! We reach the town"

"Uuum… don't you think that the people here will be suspicious of us since we're just kids without any adult with us?" Ranma look at the small town wondering. It is sunset when they reach there. "Here in this world? I think they would wonder but not suspicious" Urameshi lift his an eyebrow to Kurama. He smiles.

"Hey! I think this town is going to have a festival! Look, they hanging decorations. I think… maybe tomorrow they'll celebrate" Recca exclaim. "Looks like it… Maybe the festival starts tonight", Kurama agree. "To think of it, we really don't have money to live in this world and this would be a good occasion for us to make some."

"How?"

"Firework!" Recca yell

"And flowers…"

"WHAT?" Recca and Ranma surprise.

"Easy to make money and to grow it. Kurama can be the flower girl with Ranma" Urameshi added.

"ME AS FLOWER GIRL?"

"…." Kurama with annoying look. He never like people assumes him as a girl.

---------------- -------------------

Somewhere way back in the forest….

"It shocking to find you like this, Tsugama… after we're been order to capture or kill you and your comrades. Its… really an unusual bad luck day you have," unknown ninja standing in front of it prey. The group of ninjas who been assign to capture the missing-nins amuse as well as shock to see the picture they sees with their eyes. The only surviving bandit member group has been arrested, refuse to answer any question for quite sometime for he himself disbelieve his very unfortunate luck he has today. He didn't remember anything or how did he get stuck tied in ropes. Kurama has used his plant forgetting flower to make Tsugama loose his memories for that day. No information of the four boys revealed from him.

Another group of ninja came join to investigate the area for it unnatural condition. "It seems all we could find just footsteps of toddlers rather then adults other than the bandits… four different types of footprints. One of them barely make readable footprints at all" one of the member report. "What about the ice surrounding the bandits? Can you recognize it Suikano?" the leader of the group, Hoshiro asked another ninja that inspect the ice cover victim. "Non exactly can be tell what type of ice type jutsu to be recognized." Suikano answered. "The ice doesn't melt at all even I imply fire jutsu. Instead the ice grows…"

"Grows? What do mean?"

"I'm saying that the ice itself suck the fire and create more ice like a growing fire… if you look at the form of the ice itself." Suikano points at the ice that Recca used to freeze the bandits. "I can't break the ice." Hiroshi quite for a while to think what to do next. He look at his group, "take these ice freeze bandits back to the Mist Village… Suikano and Minami, follow me. We still need to know whose the owners of the footprints" the group breakup in to two. The tracking begins….

---------------- -------------------

Actually the festival do starts that night but the main event start tomorrow. People bustle in the main road either man pulling carts or horse carts and so on. The horse cart that carries the four turn kids moves to the opposite edge of the town. Kurama looks at the people, watching what kind of flower they carried and gather any info he can get. Hopefully they can make money immediately that night. Inside, the other two help Recca making fireworks, using leaf like paper made by Kurama as the casing of the firework ingredients. More than five dozens of fireworks done and have been put aside.

"Why are we making firework and sell flowers? We can make money by street performance" Ranma murmured.

"And get everyone attention? We should stay low until we know where we are Ranma-san."

"You never know who we don't want to attract unwanted people's attention. Even I like your idea but from my detective experience, I hate to say this way is much better not to attract attention and gather more information about this place" Urameshi support Recca. `And not to attract attention of ninjas too. This is Mist country… I can't believe I'm saying this… to be suck in a world to similar to naruto manga I've read…'

----------------- ------------------

"The prints of the horse cart lead into the town." Minami gestured, "it would take time to track it with peoples and horse carts tracks mixes." "But it wont be hard to track it…"

TBC

ATTENTION!

Your writer need some help. Should the four boys :-

Stay and be the Mist Ninja?

Go to Fire Country and be Leaf Ninja or somewhere else?

Please tell me in your review. Thank you.

If not I'll proceed with whatever chapter I'm making now. (P/S: I always make sure one extra chapter done before publish this chapter. So if no respond, I'll release that chapter next and don't be mad at me if this story not suits to your likings. I'm trying to make what I write as good as I can.)

R&R….. TQ