Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Starlit to Lifes, Curses and Demons ❯ Vicosity ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Make it short… I don't own any of the popular characters I use in here except those I made it myself. The storyline is mine except those I quote from manga, any manga storyline, especially Naruto. Mind you if the story I wrote in this fiction similar to other fanfic, don't blame me. I don't read all fanfics posted in the Internet okay but I do take some info of the techniques from several websites. Just for your acknowledgement.
"Blah" speech, `blah' thoughts, blah just to highlight,
-Blah- mind talk, -: Blah :- Makai language, “Blah” inner speaking to outer or the spirit (guess?)
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Chapter 16 - Viscosity
 
Sneaking into the libraries of hidden villages is their main task. They usually work in groups of two or three.
Being little kids made it easier for them to hide and copy scrolls. Using Kage Bushin, they copy jutsu scrolls and get out of the villages as fast as they can to copy them in Hidden Spirit. Some scrolls were about the way a person can learn to control their chakra in various ways or about other advanced training methods.
They copy those they feel are useful. But they don't only copy scrolls from local public libraries but also private libraries from other clans, even those with who are mostly filled with scrolls about bloodlines.
Even the forbidden library's in the hidden villages are targeted… just getting in a hidden village was a difficult task, to keep themselves undetected by the Shinobi's of the villages was even harder. Ranma couldn't help but want to sneak into the main buildings of the villages where all the forbidden and most high-level jutsus were kept. Ranma and Kurama or with Urameshi went there after they finished at the other local library(s). Instead of copying the scrolls, Ranma just took them with him so they could be copied at the village before returning them.
Who would want to stay long in an enemy stronghold?
Ranma replaces the scrolls he took with empty scrolls with the cover looking similar to the original scroll. And some of the traps that were placed on the original scrolls were easily undone by Kurama so… why not put some more.
Filling the library with information mission complete… almost.
Library needs to be updated sometimes.
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
Time passes once again…
After the two years they spent teaching, they decided that they should move to stage two, all student were now divided into groups. Each group was represented by the ability they were strongest with: Chakra, Reiki or Ki techniques.
(A/N: so now they're in age 7, okay, remember that.)
Most of the students were in the Chakra or Ki group because not all have the awareness needed for the use of Reiki. There were some teaching methods that could be improvised to be used by more than one group.
Those who were able to achieve a satisfying level of strength needed for missions were allowed to do minor Death Wish missions accompanied by one of the four teachers. Because they were teaching various types of energy for quite some time, Chakra, Ki and Reiki were put into their own category…
Chakra - obviously the best you could use this for is jutsu and everyone can use it. (A/N: this poses a problem because Sharingan can copy any non - bloodline jutsu except Hijutsu and Kinjutsu since you need special requirements to use those kinds of jutsu.)
Ki - for primarily a blast or boosting a punch, kick or their body or to accelerate your healing.
Reiki - as above a blast but also creating weapons (kunai, needle, sword, staff etc.) or exorcising demons and other abilities depending on the individual's experiences and personalities. (A/N: I have to acknowledge and thank to Enigma for the energy descriptions above!)
(A/N: Youki - This are not in the list because it can be considered as bloodline, so it is not in syllabus of learning and the teaching will be in special class.)
From the first stage of manipulating energy, we move on to the training areas.
There were different training grounds for different kinds training. Area's for basic aiming, running and balance trainings. There was training done in a underground arena, in the forest, on the lake (for those able to do the water walking technique), there was also a mountain area (They were only allowed there with a supervisor) and lastly an area for night and/or blindfold training (this was used to train your other senses in case you ever had missions during the night and only with a group were you allowed to train)
Ranks were starting to form like a growing tree from a seed grows the main trunk then grow the branches next to twigs… the future will be the leaves and the fruits of prosperity. For now, they use the current ranks commonly used; Genin and Jounin (A/N: Chunin will … maybe include in the future and the Jounin rank will be broken into more specialized fields.)
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
Rumours and news from outside the village were heating up like hot cakes.
Incident after incident occurred and most of the hidden villages were getting more and more angered by the actions of the Death Wish group. Some decided to form an alliance and made a truce to try and get rid of the Death Wish group. They were slowly starting to become enraged at failing to find this group, despite them sending out numerous ANBU teams to find the location of them.
They all either failed, died or turned up with their memories wiped or simply disappeared. Eventually they decided to give up on searching for the location of the Death Wish group and focus on other matters needing their immediate attentions. Though the ANBU were ordered to keep an ear out for possible leeds.
Kurama decided it was time to change tactics.
Now things at Spirit Mountain were starting to get more active.
The Village was stable with security intact and high, money was coming in steadily and basic living was provided. (A/N: I feel like playing the Warcraft games.) Some of the ghosts still had relatives in the living world and families or just individuals they wanted to contact. Those become the additional members of Spirit Village and increased the population of people and the need for manpower to run the society of spirit was gone.
Hidden sprit became as prosperous as Konoha.
First community to make an official contact with the Spirit Village for economy and safety was the village closest to them the Hana Natsu Village, with the help of Mugen (assassination services are not included yet). They disguise it as a private service under Mugen for his company ability to keep guard of the goods, to prevent them from being stolen and now use that as an excuse to widen the services.
This was their first step to show the world their abilities without having too many risks of being revealed. Blending in with the safety guards employed by Mugen, the Spirit group has the same power of authority as the leader of the safety guard team they chose to follow (like a supervisor officer).
All they need to do is Henge into some older person and there you go. Now this looks more like what a Hidden Village should do staying HIDDEN not open in public view for everyone to see.
And that was that.
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
While more new people resided in Spirit Village, some of the new residents were afraid to live with the ghosts and asked where all these ghosts appeared from and why they gathered at the mountain rather than being scattered around the world in small groups or as individuals. Several residents had asked this question but soon they were used to by the existence of ghosts amongst them, they just leave the question as it is, since it's not necessary to ask about the thing you see daily.
But the question does raise our four boys interest.
"So why do you think the ghost gather around here at the first place Urameshi?" Ranma asked the while still trying to figure out how to use the Happo five yen satsu. He was a little annoyed by being turned into a little kid again. So he needed to invent another version of the technique to suit his situation.
"Don't know"
"Didn't you ask any of them (the ghost)?"
"Done that. The answer I usual got was `I was drawn to come here yada yada…' something like that. How many times do you have to ask me? Go and try to ask them yourself. It's good for you to hone your ability of Reiki… wait a minute, I thought you're already good on that?” Urameshi replied bored with a hint of curiosity.
"I did that but it's really damn hard and tiring. I can only concentrate on what they say before the words sound like ghost wailing and howling. Anyway, They just answer the same reply. I thought you might get different answer you know.”
“…”
“ARIGHT! Yeah you're right, but something needs time to increase ability or to master it. It just too annoying... I want focus more on something else. This question is stuck in my head too long~~” Ranma ranted at Urameshi, making him even more bored.
It's not that there's nothing interesting to do at that time. It just that Ranma had asked him the SAME question again and again until he lost count after Ranma asked him again for the tenth time. Recca and Kurama are also interested to know the reason why the ghosts are attracted to this place.
The problem was none of the ghosts knew why they were attracted to this place.
Even Puu liked to stay around the mountain when he wasn't needed. Puu wrote on the ground that something in the mountain drew him to fly here in the first place when they were searching for a place to call home. It also struck Urameshi that he was also attracted to this place, it magnetized him to come here but he can't figure out WHY.
"Go ask Recca, he's got spirits a.k.a. ghosts living in him"
"Right now he's not in front of me," Ranma grinned to Urameshi.
Urameshi made an annoyed face at him, `maybe a shot or two to the head will do him good…'
Seeing the possibility of getting whacked by Urameshi and his danger sense rising up, Ranma decided to make a quick get a way, "Oh well never mind. I have some tunnelling to do, see ya later," Ranma said before he disappeared into Spirit Mountain quickly.
"…Yeah see ya". He said and glad that Ranma was gone. He looked around taking his time to think about the question Ranma asked, hoping to find the answer. Plus he doesn't like to think about something like this. It's annoying! `Why?' Urameshi scratched his head. `I did explore around the mountain but nothing unusual I could see.'
The annoying question still stuck, anchoring in his mind… just like Ranma
Urameshi looked at the entrance of the passage into the mountain when a thought came to him. Maybe it's somewhere inside the mountain… this IS a dead volcano; maybe there is something here. It could have been buried when the volcano was still active in the past.' It's not a bad idea.
`Maybe this answer will make Ranma stop bothering me for a while and go figure this out himself. I better go and take a look on how he's doing now and put this mystery to rest.'
He walked into the entrance to find Ranma.
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
…. Somewhere in the mountain ….
`Where am I gonna get Titanium? I really want to try that. Well better go and search some more ore. If I'm in luck I'll get lots of iron rather than cuprum or zinc', Recca thought. Since he had finished his paperwork today Kurama decided to be incharge of teaching about Chakra, as he wants to check on their progress.
So this gave Recca time to work in his forge, since Hidden Spirit now had more people that could make weapons so he could devote more time to researching and making Madoku. At the same time, he tried to understand to nature of the ring-bracelet he stuck with. So he went to the area where unfinished tunnels were located.
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
Ranma blows up some more ground.
BOOM!
"Hey Ranma!"
BOOM!
"Stop for a while… Ranma can you hear me?!"
BOOM! "WHAT?" Ranma yells back.
"Ranma! HEY, GOT SOME GOOD THINGS FOR ME? STOP FOR A WHILE WILL YOU!"
BOOM!
"Okay…" Ranma said stopping with blowing up the ground.
"So, do you have any good materials for me?" Recca asked.
"Well…" Ranma brushed off the dirt and dusts on himself. "Maybe if you help me, we might find some. Hey I DID find some gold!"
"Really?" Recca imagined making something like Kougon Anki. He quickly agreed to help Ranma.
BOOM!
Then came along another of one our four favourite little boys, Urameshi…
`Good, Ranma is here. Hey, Recca's here too', Urameshi thought.
BOOM!
CRACK! CRASH!
RUMBLE!!
Holes appear on the wall of earth in front of them…
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
… In the classroom ….
The sound from underground was loud enough for Kurama to hear and the ground was shaking a bit. `What did that rumbling come from?' Kurama wondered.
He looked at the kids he had taking over teaching at the time. "Class will be postponed for a while so finish your assignments. I'm going to check something. Any progress you make will be given notice of later so stay here rehearse and practice what you know."
"YES SENSEI!"
o-o-oo0o0o0oOoOo@oOo0o0o0oo-o-o
… Back to the three boys …
The rocks and soil gave away revealing an open space behind it, they never expected to see or come across something like this. They saw a building with magnificent sculptures and carvings almost unlike any they have ever seen before. (A/N: Think the view of the building looks like the one you watch in the Predator Vs Alien)
"Whoa…"
"Man! I've never seen anything like this. Maybe there's some good or special scrolls or artifacts like in those temples I've gone when I was training with Genma."
"I think I like this one better than that ugly high building I see every time I have go to meet the toddler."
"Now THIS I call adventure! Better call up Kurama-san about this! Can't leave him out."
"Nah, do that later, I want to go now. If you want to call and wait for him, wait then. I'm going first. See yaaaAAAHHH!" Ranma fell down while one of his feet was bound with vines.
"You really want to leave me behind?"
"Kurama!" Yusuke exclaimed.
"On second thought, maybe not. AND DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!" Ranma yelled after he rubs his face to get the dirt off.
"Well you asked for it," Yusuke chuckled.
Ranma just rubs his head grumbling
“Come on guys I wanna to know what's inside the building,” Recca whines wanting to explore the temple. They all agree and begin to walk into the direction of the building.
 
TBC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry for the late update plus for the shortness :}
Plus thanks to Enigma for some of his ideas and beta this chapter
And to all the reader… thanks for reading this story anyway.
Read & Reviews