Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Muerte Carcel ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: No, I don't own Saiyuki
xXx
Muerte Carcel
Chapter Seven
xXx
"In spite of everything, I still beleave that there's good in people"
- Anne Frank (not exact quote, but close enough)
"The things we run from we run to."
- Robert Anthony
xXx
"Hakkai!" Gojyo yelled and ran to the man in the infirmary. He hadn't even gotten his breakfast. He had a psychical need to see his lover.
"Gojyo," Hakkai whispered, trying to smile but he was in too much pain to even fake one.
"Oh my god, 'Kai, what the hell did he do to you!" Gojyo was almost in tears. Hakkai's whole head was bandaged except for his left eye, and a patch of blood were he's right eye was supposed to be.
"Where's Sanzo?" Hakkai asked instead of answering.
"I don't know. The sonofabitch took him last night," Gojyo answered and took his lover gently in his arms.
"He's in danger, Gojyo." Hakkai said while resting his splitting head against the other man's chest.
"I don't care right now, all I care about right now is you," Gojyo rubbed the small of Hakkai's back. "I love you so much Hakkai."
"I love you too Gojyo," Hakkai clenched Gojyo for all he was worth.
"Hakkai!" Goku yelled and ran into the room. "Are you all right?" he asked with eyes puffy and read from crying.
"Goku," Hakkai said sympathetically and let go of Gojyo. "Come here," Goku ran to him and Hakkai held him like an older brother would. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't save him."
"Nether could I," Goku said, " I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you either."
"No," Hakkai said sternly and drew Goku at arms length so he could look at him, but Goku couldn't bare looking at the man's deformed face. "Listen to me Goku, there's no need for you to protect us, there never was. We can all protect our selves," Hakkai tried to reason, but deep down, he knew he couldn't change Goku, it was in his nature to protect others, even if they deserve it or not.
"But, you and ... Sanzo..." Goku looked down, still not able to look at Hakkai or Gojyo. Hakkai painfully forced his smile.
"I'm fine now, see," He forced Goku to look at him, even though he felt far from fine. He just didn't want to worry the boy even more. "I'm not totally blind."
"But what about Sanzo. He took him last night, and only said that he was going to give Sanzo to the gods. I don't know what to do Hakkai. I want to save Sanzo, not only from him but from Sanzo him self, I still believe that there's good in him. But. now I don't even know where he is."
"I know why he said that he was giving him to the gods," Hakkai told him. "This prison was built by the gods and there's an underground labyrinth here. That's what he doing with Sanzo, so you know he's not doing anything physical to him."
"Yea, and the blonde's a remorseful person, he'll find a way out," Gojyo said. It seemed that Hakkai's fake smile was contagious as Gojyo smiled at the boy.
"We have to save him!" Goku yelled and jumped back.
"How do you plan to do that, Son Goku?" a new voice said from the doorway. They all turned in surprise.
"Oh, Homura," Hakkai said surprised. "Concerned for my health?"
"Hardly," was Homura's simple response and he turned to Goku. "How do you plan on helping him?" Homura asked.
"I don't know," Goku said and looked at his feet. "But we have to think of something." Homura laughed.
"Don't worry, that blond is very resourceful," Homura looked at Goku. "He will get out."
"How do you know?" Hakkai asked.
"Because," Homura stopped, debating to tell them or not. What he was about to say next would start everything into motion. "He helped build it," the raven haired man finished quickly and walked out before the three had a chance to ask questions. He knew it would only be a matter of time before they would remember their past lives.
"What the hell was he talking about?" Gojyo yelled.
"Couldn't tell you. I'm surprised he took the time out to talk to us," Hakkai said and put this splitting head back on the pillow. No matter what he tried, the pain just wouldn't go away. Before Goku could say anything, the signal for breakfast rang.
"Bye, Hakkai," Goku said and quickly ran out of the infirmary to catch up with Homura.
"Aren't you going Gojyo?" Hakkai asked when the red head sat in the chair nest to the bed.
"Are you kidding me! I'm not leaving you alone." Gojyo said. "Penalty be damned." Knowing there was no way to change his lovers mind, Hakkai just smiled.
"I love you, Gojyo," Hakkai said and held out his hand.
"Love you too, 'Kai," Gojyo said and tightened his grip on the other's hand. "And I will find a way to make that man pay. It's only a matter of time before we know his rules."
"Yes, I just hope that Sanzo's all right," Hakkai whispered.
"Me too."
"I just feel like it's my fault, he didn't do anything."
"The nice shiner on the son of a bitch's face says other wise," Gojyo smirked.
"You're kidding?" Hakkai asked surprised.
"No, Sanzo stuck up for the monkey, and punched him in the face," Gojyo grinned.
"Perhaps all hope isn't lost," Hakkai whispered.
"Yea, and to think that our hopes are held by an arrogant blood and a monkey. That's irony for ya?" Gojyo said bitterly.
"Better than no one at all," Hakkai said while drifting off to sleep. "All there is to do is to pray," Hakkai closed his one eye. "And hope," he finished as sleep over took him.
"Just to pray and hope," Gojyo echoed as he watched his lover sleep.
xXx
Somewhere there's a pond with beautiful lilies flouting around. Where a goddess sits in her chair looking into the pond with great amusement.
"So it finally begins. Do keep it interesting dear Konzen," the old goddess said with a voice dripping in amusement.
"Merciful Goddess!" Jiroushin yelled and ran to his mistress staring into the pond. Kanzeon chose to ignore the other god for a few more seconds before he came into view. "Merciful Goddess, your nephew has just been sent to the labyrinth."
"Yes, I know already," she said, not looking at him.
"What are you going to do?" Jiroushin asked.
"Hum," she said and stood while pacing in front of the small pond. "Perhaps," she put her finger to her chin. "Perhaps it's time for me to make an appearance," Kanzeon smirked.
"Merciful Goddess, if I may, what are you talking about? Make an appearance?" Jiroushin asked the goddess of mercy.
"Yes, I'm going to earth to see to things personally," she smirked.
"But how!" Jiroushin practically yelled.
"You worry too much, Jiroushin," she looked at him. "Besides, when I'm gone, you'll take my place." She sat in her chair.
"But-"
"Quite, and stop worrying. This has turned out to be quite an interesting day. Let's see how much enjoyment was can get out of it," She smirked and continued looking on the pond.
xXx
Author's note:
Well, that was another short chapter, but it was sort of a the second part to the last chapter.
So, how'd you guys liked this chapter? Did, you figure out what the labyrinth thing is about? Clue: Homura said it in four words.
In the next chapter we take a look at what Sanzo's doing, some more journal entries, and of coarse the second round of the battle league commences.