Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ To the South We Go ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What happen last chapter?
They threw the matches and when they hit his body, the purple smoke rose quickly. It was done. Jasper looked at Bella, and Bella looked at Jasper. They smiled and shared the relief of joy for the first time in sixty-five years.
 
 
Chapter Two
 
Alice called Carlisle right away. Of course once she told him of what Jasper and Bella did to his eldest son, Carlisle rushed there from France. Esme had called Emmett and Rosalie and they were just as shocked as Carlisle was. They all came to America in a matter of hours.
“ What has happened?” Carlisle demanded from Bella. They were all situated in the living room of the house. Bella looked at Jasper, who was looking at Alice.
“ I- I mean Jasper and I have…we have…” Bella stuttered. She was in a joyful mood but at the same time she didn't believe that Edward was dead. Gone forever and it was all because of her. Jasper felt her emotions flaring and took over.
“ I lost control over my power, and it affected Bella. We killed Edward.” He said slowly. He was afraid of how Carlisle would react. He expected Carlisle to be hurt and angered by the situation but he did expect so much anger.
“ You did what?” He hissed at them.
Bella shrunk away from Carlisle in fear and Jasper had the desire and the need to protect her. He hissed back at Carlisle and took a stance in front of Bella, protecting her from Carlisle's harsh gaze. Carlisle narrowed his eyes into little slits.
“ You cannot protect her from the inevitable. Jasper you have committed a murder. Not just any murder, but a murder on a family member. A brother, and a husband.” Carlisle's voice raised octaves with each word. Jasper's eyes did the same as Carlisle's.
“ You obviously do not know the entire story.” Jasper growled. Bella gasped and put a hand on his shoulder.
“ Please, don't tell.” She begged him in a soft whisper. “ Please. Jasper.” Jasper reveled in her soft voice, but the fantasy shattered when Carlisle cleared his throat.
“ The whole story? Do tell. Tell us why it was so important to kill Edward!” He growled once again. Bella started to cry, tearlessly. And Jasper felt her sorrow. She was afraid to lose her only family.
“ Carlisle. Please don't be disappointed in me. Please, I can't handle it!” Bella cried out.
“ How can I not be disappointed in you? A murderer. After a hundred years you killed. It's hard not to be disappointed in you.” Carlisle's voice was overpowering and it was full of shame and hurt. “ I will deliberate with the other members of the coven to decide your fate. Both of you will wait here while we go to my study.” Everyone left up the stairs to Carlisle's study. Bella broke down once they were left alone. She collapsed into Jasper's arms.
“ Bella!” He carried her to the couch and lied her down on it. “ Bella are you okay?” He whispered in her ear. She slowly opened her eyes.
“ I'm scared Jasper.” She mumbled. “ I don't want to lose our family.”
“ We won't lose them.” Is what he wanted to say, but he could feel the emotions rolling off the others. They were all terrified and angered by their actions. No, instead Jasper took Bella's face into his hands and looked into her deep gold eyes.
“ I can't promise you that we won't lose them, but I can promise you that you won't lose me.” He whispered to her. Bella breathed in his breath, loving the slight scent of blood that lingered there. She wanted to kiss him. Jasper felt the lust roll off of her and he remembered the feeling he had before the murder. The overpowering feeling to kiss her. She was feeling it now, too. They moved in at the same time, totally in tune to each other's emotions.
Just as their lips met they had to pull apart. The others made up their minds and were walking down the stairs. They all stopped at the bottom of the stairs, Carlisle and Emmett were in the front.
“ We have made our minds up.” Carlisle stated. Jasper and Bella waited the verdict. “ Exile.” Carlisle hissed at them. Bella wailed. Jasper just stayed where he was, feeling numb for the first time in over three hundred years.
“ Please Carlisle. Rethink it. Please!” Bella screeched in anguish. She got off the couch and ran to Carlisle. She grabbed his arm and collapsed onto the floor.
“ Please.” She begged.
Carlisle closed his eyes. “ Let go of me Isabella.” He murmured to her. Bella did as he said, but she soon made her way to Emmett.
“ Emmett. Please tell him to rethink it.” She now begged him. She felt so distant from everyone. Emmett wouldn't even look at her, let alone touch her. Bella gave up on him and moved to her mother, Esme.
“ Please. Mother, tell him to rethink.” Esme's eyes rimmed with tears that just wouldn't fall. They would never fall. “ Mommy.” Bella whispered to her.
“ Get off of the ground Isabella. It's time for you to leave and never come back.” Carlisle answered for his wife. He could feel her defenses fading away. Bella wailed again. Jasper blinked and finally took in his surroundings. His heart broke at the sight of Bella sobbing on the ground.
“ Bella.” Jasper whispered. She looked at him, but kept on sobbing. “ Let's go. Exile is exile.” He whispered again. He walked over to her and picked her off the ground. She clung to his neck and sobbed into his chest as he carried her away from their family. He walked down the long driveway.
Esme watched from the house, and she sobbed as she watched her two children fade into the night.
End Chapter Two