Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What happened last time?
“ I love you too, Jasper.” Bella replied. They smiled at each other, before taking each other's hand and together they ran for the South.
 
Chapter Four
It took only three days to run from the north of Canada down to the south of America. They arrived in Texas around eleven pm. Bella was excited about being in the war state in the middle of the night, but Jasper on the other hand was on guard. He was tense and looking everywhere at once.
“ What are you looking for Jasper?” Bella whispered to him. They were near the capital of Texas, Austin.
“ I'm not looking for anything, I'm looking out for more of our kind. Human drinkers though. It's night and that's when the battles are fought.” He whispered back to her. Bella shivered and moved closer to Jasper. He wrapped an arm around her waist.
“ Where are we going to go tonight? We can't stay out side all night, can we?” Bella asked.
“ We can, but I don't think we should. We can go to a hotel and get a room.” Jasper suggested, not really listening anymore to their surroundings.
“ I don't have any money though, do you?” Jasper felt around before finally pulling around a wallet.
“ Yes, I do.”
“ Good.” Bella replied and gave a quick peck to Jasper on the lips before running of into the woods. Jasper only paused for a millisecond before running after her. He could here her giggles in the dark of the night. But before he could follow them more closely he felt her fear and then he heard the growling of his love and three others. He rushed toward where the growls were and he saw the scene that was unfolding.
Maria, and three newborns were surrounding Bella. Bella, who was more than a hundred years old, was cowering in fear. She knew how strong newborns were and she also knew that she was no match for one of them, let alone three. Jasper hissed at the three attackers.
Bella looked at Jasper and he felt her relief at the sight of him.
“ Jasper!” She called out. This got Maria's attention. Her eyes darted at him and she gasped.
“ Well, Jasper Whitlock as I live and breath.” She called out. She didn't call of her newborns, so they closed in on Bella. Jasper growled and ran toward Bella. He bowled through the newborns and took Bella into his cold arms. She hugged him back and started hissing slightly, now feeling that the odds were better than before.
“ Stand down. Stand down, I say!” Maria ordered her newborns. The newborns looked at Maria like she was crazy, but they did what they were told nonetheless. They sauntered back to where Maria was located, not twenty feet from Jasper and Bella. Jasper and Bella still felt like there was a threat, and they kept on hissing.
“ Jasper I mean no harm to you or your…friend. It's just that this is my territory and she came running through.” Maria explained. Jasper relaxed his posture and stopped growling. Bella did not, so he had to relax her. He sent calming waves to her.
“ Thank you.” Bella whispered fast to him. He nodded at her and smiled slightly.
“ Maria, we have actually come to see you.” Jasper explained.
“ Then maybe we should talk in private. Follow me.” Maria looked at the newborns in a side-glance. She took off running the newborns ran behind her and then went Jasper and Bella, again holding hands. They ran for two minutes, till they reached a mansion like house. But once they got closer they noticed it was actually a fort. Four other vampires, three males and a female greeted Maria, Jasper, and Bella.
“ Welcome home, Mistress.” The female vampire said.
“ Sarah these are very important guests and they have access to the entire fort. You and Peter will be serving them for their stay.” Maria ordered the vampire called Sarah. Sarah nodded and bowed to all three of them before Maria walked away.
“ If you would please, sir and madam, come this way.” Peter, one of the male vampires, led Jasper and Bella down a long hallway and then up two flights of stairs. He stopped at a large door on the third floor of the fort.
“ This is the room the sir will be staying in.” Peter said and he threw open the door. Jasper shook his head at Bella when she frowned. Were they going to have to stay in different rooms?
“ Please, madam come with me and I'll show you to your room.” Sarah tugged on Bella's arm. Bella, who doesn't like being touched by someone she doesn't know, gasped and pulled back. Jasper growled at Sarah and snapped his teeth in her general direction. He took a stance in front of Bella and hissed with all his might. Sarah dropped her hand to her side and narrowed her eyes. Peter then took a stance in front of Sarah, it was now obvious that they were together.
Jasper hissed again, and Peter responded with a growl.
“ Jasper. It's all right.” Bella put a hand on Jaspers shoulder and rubbed circles.
“ It is not alright Bella.” He said in a sad voice to her, but when Peter pounced on top of him he started growling again.
“ Jasper!” Bella screeched. She, herself, was about to intervene when Sarah attacked her. The first thing she felt were the other vampire's teeth sinking into her shoulder. The burning in her veins started and she gasped out in pain. But what was actually worse than the burning fire was the ripping and tearing that Sarah was doing to Bella's skin with her venom coated teeth.
Jasper got Peter down on the ground before he started feeling the pain from his love. She was badly hurt and he could feel everything. He howled in pain and he attacked his loves assailant. Soon he noted that Bella wasn't moving. He couldn't feel her emotions any more and he froze in fear.
Peter joined his mate and attacked Jasper.
“ Stop!” It was Maria. She came running down the hall with six newborns that tore Sarah and Peter off of Jasper and took them outside to exterminate them.
“ Jasper, are you okay?” Maria crouched next to him. He wasn't looking at her though, he was looking at Bella. She was still down, and he still couldn't read her.
“ Bella.” He rushed to her side and grabbed her into his arms. He was in hysteria now, going absolutely crazy with her death. Or so he thought she was dead.
“ Jasper, darling. She's not dead, in the sense of the word.” Maria said carefully, rethinking his relationship with the young girl. At first they didn't seem like mates but now that she noticed how protective he was of her it was so obvious that they were.
“ How can you tell?” Jasper asked desperately. His voice was strained and rough.
“ Look at her eye lids. They are moving, so her eyes are moving. She's alive, but she is unconscious.” Maria pointed at her eyes while talking.
“ Vampires don't faint.” Jasper said.
“ She'll be the first then.” Maria thought for a moment before talking again.
“ I have an excellent vampire doctor on my staff. Perhaps you would allow him to take a look at her?” She suggested.
“ Only If I'm there with her.” Jasper finally looked away from Bella and he looked at Maria.
“ Okay.” She told him to stay put and she ran to the doctor. Jasper looked back at Bella. He did see her eyelids flutter. He sighed with relief and he kissed her lips gently.
“ Don't leave me Jasper.” She mumbled, yet her eyes were still closed. Jasper didn't know what to make of it, was she awake or was she still unconscious? “ Save me from Edward.” She mumbled again. She stopped after she said the latter. Maria came back with a tall and lanky vampire.
“ Jasper, this is Dr. Mirff, Simon Mirff. He's going to check your mate out and see if there is anything he can do to help her.” Maria explained in a calm voice. Jasper looked at the doctor and then at Bella. “ But he's gonna have to have you leave.” She said fast, afraid that he would lose it.
“ No! I will not leave her side.” Jasper yelled. Maria rolled her eyes at him and snapped her fingers. Thirty or so newborns came out of nowhere and dragged Jasper away from where Bella, Maria, and Dr. Mirff were.
“ Bella!” He called out to her, hoping she would awake and help him.
Jasper struggled the whole time, every time he would get away from one another would come and grab him.
Maria helped Dr. Mirff take Bella into a room. They laid her on the bed and started the examination.