Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: My gosh, please if you're gonna review make it a good review. Not just `update' or `creepy'. Please say more than one word. I would love flames and anything you don't think is good, please tell me!
 
What happened last time?
Thirty or so newborns came out of nowhere and dragged Jasper away from where Bella, Maria, and Dr. Mirff were.
“ Bella!” He called out to her, hoping she would awake and help him.
Jasper struggled the whole time, every time he would get away from one another would come and grab him.
Maria helped Dr. Mirff take Bella into a room. They laid her on the bed and started the examination.
 
Chapter Five
Jasper was taken down to the basement, well more like the dungeon. He was locked to the wall by reinforced steel. He was struggling the whole time. He had killed three newborns on the way down but he was still angered by the fact that Maria tricked him. It wasn't that he was shocked, `cause he wasn't, he fully intended her to trick him. But not this way. He was angered because of the humor her felt from her. She was enjoying his hurt.
He was down there, in the dungeon, for three hours before Maria appeared at the top of the stairs that lead up.
“ How is she?” Jasper asked right away. “ Do you know why she fainted?” Maria walked down the stairs at a slow, steady pace.
“ Jasper, why does she have scars all over her thighs?” Maria hissed at him. She thought he did it to her. “ Only a monster would do that to someone so innocent as she.” Maria slapped Jasper at this time. The sound was like a thunderclap.
“ I didn't do it!” Jasper hissed back at her.
“ Then who did? The only other time I've seen so many scars from venom was the time I saw your arms!” She pointed at his un-covered arms. There were scars scattered and clustered everywhere on them.
“ It was her first mate. My brother.” Jasper growled. Just the thought of Edwards teeth puncturing Bella's soft, delicate looking skin made him mad.
“ Your brother?” She asked unsure. “ I don't believe you. I won't do anything to you, yet. But the girl will pass judgment on you when she awakes.” Maria ran up the stairs leaving Jasper alone, hoping that Bella was okay. Wishing for her to awake soon.
Three hours soon turned into three days, then three days then turned into three weeks. Bella was still unconscious and not responding to anything. Jasper was sick with worry. All he thought about was Bella. What would he do without her? When would she wake up? And more importantly, would she have anything else wrong with her?
Then on the fourth week Maria ordered someone to take Jasper up to the third floor, where Bella was finally awake. They dragged him up the stairs, still in chains, and pushed him through the door of the room.
“Jasper!” He heard Bella yell his name. He looked up, from where he laid on the ground, and saw her run from the bed to his side. Before he could speak she was kissing him.
“Oh thank god Bella! I thought you were dead!” Jasper said into Bella lips. They only stopped when Jasper was forcefully ripped from Bella's grasp. She instantly started to hiss at his captor. It was Maria.
“ Bella, is that your name?” She asked her.
“ Yes.” Bella growled at the woman.
“ Why do you have those scars, on your body?” She demanded. Bella's face turned from anger to shock. She was shocked that they would look at her legs, she only fainted.
“ That's none of your business.” Bella stuttered. Maria sighed and threw Jasper against the wall. “ Jasper!” Bella screeched. She was about to run to his side when Maria snapped her fingers and she was restrained by two large newborns.
Jasper had hit the wall with such velocity that when he hit it, it smashed. He looked up to see Bella sobbing and trying to get away from two newborns. He instantly went on the defense.
“ Let her go!” He hissed at Maria.
“ No. Not until she tells us where she got those scars. I need to know whether or not you gave them to her!” She hissed back. Bella gasped with disbelief.
“ Jasper? Doing that horrible thing to me? Never!” She yelled. “ It wasn't Jasper, it was my first mate.” Bella choked on the last words. “ His brother!” She hissed.
“ I will no longer be the victim. I will not let her torture Jasper.” She thought.
Maria looked from Bella to Jasper then back to Bella again.
“ What happened to him? Your first mate?” Maria asked wryly. She didn't believe them.
“ He's dead.” Jasper filled in for a taken aback Bella. “ And Bella will never be treated like he treated her ever again.” He said passionately. A small smile lit Bella's sad face up. Maria still looked skeptic.
“ Maria. We came to you, to the south, because we have been exiled from our former coven. We had nowhere else to go.” Bella said in a begging voice.
“ Why were you exiled?” She said harshly.
“ We told you, my first mate is dead… murdered.” Bella whispered. Jasper and Bella took the time to explain that entire, ENTIRE, story to Maria.
They thought it was bad before, when they were attacked, but now that Maria knew what happened she had a power over them and she would use them for the next fifty years.