Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay… I know my chapters are short and kinda weird, but I have to keep them short or they will all run together and they won't make sense. The way I'm writing this where there are times where it's going to be skipping over. If you have a problem with it don't read. P.S. Please review for every chapter you read…. Thanks…. Oh one more thing I would love, LOVE, it if you could review with more than one word. Merci
 
What happened last time?
Jasper and Bella took the time to explain that entire, ENTIRE, story to Maria.
They thought it was bad before, when they were attacked, but now that Maria knew what happened she had a power over them and she would use them for the next fifty years.
 
Chapter Six
 
Maria used Bella and Jasper for many things, mostly managing the newborns, just like Jasper used to do before he joined the Cullens. Jasper was depressed, and the only thing holding together was Bella. Bella was having the time of her life, she loved being able to have a life full of action. They had given up the `vegetarian' life style and have taken to the traditional life style. Jasper was only doing what Bella wanted, but if she wanted it, he wanted it. No, he NEEDED it. He needed her.
Bella, who in the last hundred years had no special ability of her own, was finally showing signs of an awesome power. When she was a human she was unsusceptible of the abilities of vampires, but only ones that influenced the thoughts of her mind. That was carried over from her former life to her newer life.
The other one is harder to explain. Reading people was one of her higher skills as a human. She can now see the aura's of people, vampire or not, and they will actually change color to match which ever emotion that particular person is feeling. For example say Bella is looking at Maria, she will see the dark dray of hatred and the fiery red of war. Or in simple context, evil. When she looks at Jasper, she sees the pink of passion and the blue of sadness.
When it first happened she had feared insanity, but she soon found it was the opposite. Jasper was thrilled by her discovery yet at the same time scared she would find out he hated it there. She did find out and she tried to talk to him about it.
“ Jasper, why are you so unhappy here?” Bella asked one day. They were sitting on their bed on the third floor of the fort.
“ It's not that Bella. I'm happy where ever you are. It's just that I miss our family so much.” He lied about the last part. Bella saw the flare of purple.
“ You're not telling the truth.” Bella accused. After a short silence Bella spoke again. “ Jasper, love, you can tell me. Maybe we could leave. I just need to know why you're not happy here.” Bella had begged and Jasper gave in.
“ It's just that being here, and doing my old…work,” He shivered here. “ It's bringing back painful memories that I never wanted to remember.” He paused, trying to regain his composure. “ Bella those memories are all of hatred, war, and murder. There is no room for love in a place like that, and yet here we are, loving each other and murdering.” Jasper took a deep, unnecessary breath.
“ Is that it love? Why didn't you tell me this sooner?” Bella laughed lightly.
“ I didn't want to ruin the experience for you.” He said dully, now knowing how absurd it sounded.
“ If you want to leave, we'll leave. No matter what.” She promised him. They hugged and then kissed deep into the night as a way of tying the promise.
For the next couple of months they planned and strategize a way to get out. Maria was holding them captive and she wasn't going to let them just get up and leave. They were going to leave in the middle of the day, Maria would be in a meeting compromising a treaty between her army and another vampires'. It would be the opportune time to escape. Maria had trained the newborns to not go outside in the daytime. She was terribly afraid that a human from the town they were running would see them and flee from the town, lowering the numbers of the feast. The only thing they needed to figure out was where they were going to stay.
Jasper had brought up the Volturi, seeing as they would protect them from any southern wars, but Bella shot that idea down with the fact that the Volturi made the laws for vampires and it was clearly understood that they were exiled from a coven that Aro, one of the leaders of the Volturi, was particularly fond of. Also the fact that they would have to join the guard in order to stay in the town was enough to turn Bella off that idea.
“ Why don't we just make our own coven,” She suggested the night before the escape. “ There is no law that stats we can't, is there?” She went on. Jasper agreed with her completely. A coven all there own, they would run it and live eternity together whilst doing it! There was nothing better in Jaspers mind.
“ Let's do it.” He grasped her hands in his own and they stayed like that all night, staring in each other's eyes. In the morning they followed their usual duties. Bella went down to the newborn chambers, where at least thirty through forty newborns resided in the day. Jasper and Bella had converted three of them into their way of thinking. Bella silently opened the large metal doors to the chambers. Inside the chamber were vampires, of course, and then a hundred or so bunks. The bunks were for marking territory not for sleeping.
“ Are you all ready? Today Maria has a very important meeting that will help decide the fate for all of us.” She started out. All the newborns gathered around her. She scanned them quickly, noting where the three were that was to join her and Jasper. They were all male, the ones that were coming with them. And strangely enough they all had a…thing for Bella. Which is most likely why they were going with her.
Jason, the eldest of the three, was located in the back of the group. Lucas, the youngest, was next to her right arm, and the last, Greg, was standing next to his bunk.
“You all must stay indoors, like usual, and you are to keep in this room. If you leave, so help me mother of God, I will murder you.” She hissed at them. She wouldn't take the risk of them wandering around and seeing her and Jasper getting away. They all looked at her with fear. They knew she could do it and they were terrified.
“ Greg, Jason, and Lucas, I need you all to follow me. We need to have a little talk.” She hissed at them, trying to keep appearances up. In reality she was taking them so they, all four of them, could meet Jasper at the exit point.
“ Bella are we leaving today?” Greg asked anxiously. Bella sighed with annoyance. Did they really have to bring them? She could care less about them, but Jasper believed it would be better to take some…guards.
“ Yes we are. The meeting is today, and the sun is out. Perfect for leaving.” She sped up, and the boys rushed to keep up.
“ But Maria said we aren't allowed outside. That we'll burn in the sunlight!” Lucas whispered scarred.
By then they had reached Jasper and Bella was about to yell at the stupid boys, but Jasper touched her arm and spread cooling calmness in her body.
“ Maria is a liar and a cheat. You won't die in the sun.” Jasper encouraged the boys. They didn't believe hi and they shrunk away from the open door that Jasper was next to. Bella growled and rolled her eyes. She took a large step into the sunlight and her skin glowed. The boys all looked at her in awe and sighed. Jasper smiled at her and walked to her, with his arms wide open.
The boys hesitantly walked in to the sunlight and within three minutes they were all running from their prison to a new life.