Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twelve
 
What happened last time?
She nodded at my suggestion and at the same time we apologized to each other. And then, as we sat together on the plane back to America, we held each other not thinking about where we were going, and what would happen once we got there.
 
Bella's POV
When the plane finally landed we rushed off of the plane and we quickly got through security. We didn't know where we were going to go. We both came here to find the Cullen's and for them to kill us. But now that we were together again we couldn't, and wouldn't die.
“ Are we going to go to them?” I was about to ask when we both smelt a similar scent. Alice Cullen. We looked around, Jasper had his arm around my waist, and we spotted her in the crowd. She looked the same as usual, but some how even more sad. Sadder then the last time we saw her. The day of his death.
“ Whitlock's.” She growled to us. How did she know we were married? How did she know that we changed our names to Jasper's original surname?
“ Cullen.” I growled back. Jasper was hissing at her, and for the second time in my life I saw Jasper's aura change to the fiery shade of red, blood red. Hate. That was a relief, he hated her and obviously wouldn't go back to her anytime soon. I smiled small before my face turned into a scowl. Emmett and Rosalie were walking towards the three of us, both of them with a warning sneer on their face. Carlisle and Esme were nowhere to be found, maybe still at home.
“ Isabella. Jasper.” Rosalie hissed to us. I closed my eyes briefly and breathed out. I reopened my eyes to see Emmett restraining Alice from attacking. Their emotions varied from anger to sadness all the way to joy.
“ Emmett, why are you so… happy?” I asked delicately. They all froze. And I forgot that they didn't know of my power. I decided it was best not to tell them. “ It's obvious what you're feeling, but I can't place why.” I lied. Emmett's aura changed to a clear, sheen like color. He was embarrassed to be caught. “ Don't feel bad, I just want to know why.” I felt Jasper's arm tighten around my waist.
“ I'm glad you came back. Both of you. It's not quiet as fun around here nowadays.” He whispered. Rosalie slapped his arm and bustled off. Alice on the other hand stayed still and watched Rosalie walk away.
“ Aww, thanks Em.” I used my old nickname for him. Jasper loosened his hold on me, but still held on. “ How has Esme been?” I asked seriously. I really wanted to know, even if she did want me exiled. She was my mother after all.
“ She's been fine lately, but the first fifty years were hard for her. She has finally just started talking about you guys again. It still hurts her to heat your names but other than that Carlisle is trying to help her…cope.” He paused only a second and took a hefty glance at Alice before talking again. “ So you two are you know.” He suggested rudely with a fluid movement of his body. I cracked a smile and I heard Jasper laugh under his breath.
“ Yeah. For almost a hundred years now. We are Mr. and Mrs. Jasper Whitlock.” Jasper said proudly. I nodded my head and smiled up at him. “ So do you think Carlisle will allow us to stay for a couple of days? Just till the next flight back to our home?” He asked, serious again.
“ I don't know. He was his first reborn son. It still hurts him to this day. And he did exile you. But you were like children to him.” Emmett said calculating. Then Alice, who had been quiet since Rosalie left, spoke up.
“ I fore see great joy in our home in the near future.” She said cryptically, and then she smiled at me. “ Oh do come home!” She said joyfully. She walked over to me with a bounce in her step and as she took my hand in her own I got an electric shock from her touch. I hissed and pulled my hand away from her. Jasper instantly stepped between us and was tending to my burnt hand. When I say burnt, I mean fire burnt. My hand was smoking and black with burnt skin.
“ Are you okay?!” Jasper asked in a scared voice as he hurried me to outside of the airport, which we were still in, and we were lucky it was a cloudy day. Some people were watching us in a weird manner and as Jasper fussed over my hand I thought I saw Alice grin with victory.