Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Omi's Gift ❯ hide and seek ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: the psychics and kitties do not belong to me. and I am going to throw a tantrum if anyone tries to remind me of it again…

Author's note: since it's the hols, and someone actually reviewed this ficcy, I'm in an extremely good mood for another chappy… come on… if the story's nice at least take a little effort to review right? Don't be lazy, give the girl al lil' bit of encouragement okay?

Hide and seek

"The kitten's asleep again brad. I guess he must be exhausted… the poor thing…"murmured Schuldig gently. Nagi snorted. `Since when did you have such a thing called compassion? Schu?'

`Well, nagikin's since I found out that he's a fellow psi… kiddo.' Schuldig answered back. Nagi snorted even louder. Brad cleared his throat.

"Okay, what are we going to do with him now? We can't possibly keep him in farfie's room forever right? But on second thought, he might escape if we put him in one of the bedrooms." Brad stated thoughtfully.

"True, Bradley, but this way we are like keeping him captive…" the redhead argued. The oracle nodded. Nagi sighed and went to his room in silence. `Must've been tough ne? Being a telekinetic? Omi, from this point on, the only thing I can do now is wish you luck. May Kami-sama bless you…' wished Prodigy.

`I know that I am not in an asylum… hardly. Schwarz is here. When can I escape from this wayward world? I know that I am not suicidal. I will not die. I speak of killing as such an easy thing. Hell, I am an assassin afterall. By killing them I am setting them free from life. I'm helping them. Personally I have no issues about dying. I am not a afraid to die, but, I am afraid of the aftermath of dying. Where will I go? Will I roam the land as a spirit? Will I go to hell for committing so many sins? Will I still hurt after death? I don't know.' Omi felt himself drifting in space.

`Darkness everywhere. Is there any light? Who will be my light? In weiß I am everybody's light. The optimistic little genki fellow in koneko, but am I really like that? No. Then would the word `pessimist' suit me better? No. I am a weird mixture of both. Just like everybody else is a mixture of both. The question is which is the dominant factor? For me, most probably `pessimist'. I wish I could just die; there is no light in the world. Just vacuum. Like this place.' The blond boy thought in earnest.

`What am I escaping from? My power? No, myself. My power is part of who I am… so am I trying to escape from myself? Most probably. But I want to be normal! Hold on… what did I mean by `normal?' being human? I'm human… aren't I? Yes. I'm normal. I do not have telekinesis. But dear old Omi, who are you trying to lie to? You know very well that you have TK, so why hide from it… just use it. And be like Schwarz? No way, I'll bury it deeper. Then I'll never see it again. Not ever. Best to sleep. Stop thinking. Just dream.' Omi tried to convince himself. But there is a saying…' you can run, but you can't hide.' Sighing to himself the little brunette buried himself deeper from reality.

`Yep that's right, I can stay in this place forever. Quiet and peaceful and there's only me. But am I alive or dead? Is there anyone who can tell me? Nah. I'm alone right? Yeah, I'm alone. Boku…boku… daisuki na…zutto hitori sa. But do I really enjoy being alone? Is this really what I want? For now, the stifling silence is so comfortable, but forever? Can I do this forever? I wonder how is Ken-kun, Yohji-kun, Aya-kun… … I wonder how they are. But there is no way of finding out, at least not here. Shut up, Omi… you shouldn't be thinking about them ne? They did not understand me. But, I enjoyed their company didn't I? I don't want to be alone. No… not alone… I'm bored, there's not even the cyber to entertain me. Should I stay here? wakaranai… … … the silence is nice… I can sleep here forever… I can think forever…'

`I don't really want to be alone. How long have I been in this state? Neither living nor dead? If the world is really boring, shouldn't I simply escape to the netherworld to seek chance that it is more interesting there? But wait! Do I even exist after death? Not even thinking would be the worst fate that can ever befall me. I will stay either here or the living. What is my decision I am wasting away my `life' by doing this. Maybe I should just wake up. My nakama, no, friends, need me. I need the uncertainties of life to fill my life with colour instead of the void black here. I'll return… just linger a while longer, I should return.' Omi decided. He twitched about the thought of more pain, but it was better than simply vacuum. Definitely better.

"Hey kitten, wake up… come on… don't sleep, you've been asleep for almost a week already… please wake up…" Schuldig sighed. After a long week, there was still no sign of the kitten arising. Personally, he wondered if the weiß kitties missed the Bombay kitten.

A stirring of the kitten's mind brought Schuldig's mind to full power. He might not be able to `read' the kitten, but he certainly could sense vaguely the state of his mind. `Bradley, Nagi, the kitty is waking up! Quick come! Hurry!' Omi had been transferred to Schuldig's room after the redhead's insistence that Omi will need the comfort and volunteered his room and bed.

The blue orbs of Omi's eyes were seen. They looked pretty glazed over, but that might be attributed to the week-long sleep. The eyes blinked several times, unused to the idea of light. `Oh yeah, right, at least there is light in `life' there is darkness, but there too is light, hope amidst despair.' Omi reflected happy when he noticed the white ceiling of Schuldig's room.

Pounding footsteps upon floor reminded the blond to notice his surrounds. As he turned his head, there was the sound of the door opened roughly. `Schwarz' Omi observed.

"Oh, Schwarz…" the brunette murmured with no sign of interest. At that time, he couldn't be bothered with mundane emotions such as fear. However one fact disturbed him. He's on a bed! Why would the enemy give him a bed?

`Hey Crawford, I think his mind might be a little muddled, he's not afraid of us.' Schuldig told brad. He shifted uncomfortably.

" Yeah, hi Schwarz, um… thanks for taking care of me when I zone out. May I go home now?" Omi asked politely. It wouldn't do to make the enemy angry now, chances are they are going to interrogate him with torture or something similar… so be it, he could simply zone out.

A cold hand placed itself on the blond's forehead. "Nope, not a fever, might be concussion, we'll check him out. The broken ribs and wounds have healed, hey that's fast, but there might be a chance of concussion." Schuldig told the leader of Schwarz.

"Is there anything wrong? Schuldig… I'm perfectly fine if not for the fact that I'm in the hands of the enemy." Asked Omi a little annoyed. He displayed a customary pout, of course merely a display; afterall he is innocent, sweet and `cute' Omi ne?

author's note: sighs… one more chappy, mu muse must be working overtime… the next chappy will most probably feature Omi surviving in the Schwarz household.