Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Morning ❯ Dishes ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yay! I have gotten reviews! Please enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

 

Ryou scrubbed Bakura's breakfast dishes vigorously in the hot, soapy water. There seemed to be syrup everywhere. Syrup and strawberry sauce, peanut butter and whipped cream. Sticky residents from the pancakes he had made for him. Ryou picked up a dish and examined it closely. It seemed to be fairly clean so he put it in the opposite sink to be rinsed latter when the other dishes where done.

 

Light streamed in from the window and warmed his face. He smiled gently at the small pleaser and sighed. Ryou wiped a bit of peanut butter off his hands with the washrag and splashed the rag around in the soapy water. He picked up a bowl and continued scrubbing it as his thoughts moved on.

 

His yami had only recently been obtaining physical form. It would have been nice to have some company around in the empty house but Bakura wasn't exactly the kind of company he desired.

 

Ryou looked up from his dishes and out the window. He wanted his friends back. He wanted to be around them again and not have to fear his yami would torment them. He wanted . . . lots of things but he knew that nothing special ever happened for him.

 

He reached his hand down in to the water and felt around for another dish. There didn't seem to be any so he pulled out the plug and the water started to make a whirlpool in the sink. As he pulled his hand out he cut his finger on something. He looked down at his cut sadly and turned on some water to run his hand under. Soap was not the best thing to have in a cut and it really stung. He pulled his hand out and shook it dry. He brought his hand close inspecting it. A little drop of blood was starting to form. He looked to the draining sink with little soapsuds clinging to the side as the last of the water vanished down the drain. He shivered at what he saw. What was Bakura's knife doing in here?

 

Ryou avoided the knife and left it in its spot as he rinsed and dried the other dishes. As he was putting them away Bakura came strutting in to the kitchen and sat down in a chair at the small table watching Ryou as he worked. Ryou angrily threw the rag in to the sink and stomped in to the living room flopping down on the couch. Bakura got up from his seat and looked in to the sink inspecting Ryou's job.

 

"Hay Brat, what about my knife?!" Bakura yelled in to Ryou.

 

"Clean it yourself!" He yelled back.

 

What had gotten in to him? Ryou had never raised his tone to him like that. Bakura smirked knowing just how to handle him. He picked up his knife and peeked in to the living room. Ryou was curled up in a big fluffy light blue blanket staring blankly at a wall sucking on the tip of his finger. Yes . . . something was defiantly odd about his light. He stepped in to the living room sneaking up behind Ryou silently. He stood there for a while waiting for Ryou to look up but he never did. He sat down on the couch next to him startling Ryou a bit who pulled his bleeding finger out of his mouth and looked up with frightful eyes.