Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Morning ❯ shower mists ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ryou stepped out of the shower and in to the misty fog that hovered just feet above the tile floor. The mist seemed to swirl around his body as he walked through it. He came to the counter and picked up the towel laying near the sink and buried his head deep in to it drying his face. As he inhaled the soft sent of lavender filled his lungs.

 

"Mmm…" he let a soft moan escape his lips. His eyes felt heavy as he blinked droplets of water out of his eyes. Though it was still early in the day he just wanted to curl up on the couch and sleep until Bakura got home. Ryou took the corner of his towel and wiped some mist off of the mirror in front of him. He smiled softly when he saw his bright eyes looking back at him. His wet, dripping hair framed his face in an unruly manner. He thought that it almost reminded himself of Bakura. He looked down at his pale chest and flushed. He couldn't imagine what Bakura would look like though if he just stepped out of the shower. Defiantly not as frail as he. More mist was collecting upon the mirror again and so he wiped it away once more with the towel's corner. He looked more closely at himself this time. At his fetchers and how smooth his childish face seemed. What was wrong with him? He looked down at his chest again. Little white hot scares littered his body. Tears came to his eyes as he ran a hand over his new accumulated scabs. Five dime sized holes… they to would become white hot looking and heal with just a feint scar as well. If only he wasn't so weak. So pathetic as his Yami stated it just this morning. Then maybe some one would want him. Like this he was just nothing but a vessel. And who would want a body like his? So torn up and damaged.

 

He turned away from his reflection ashamed. It was all his fault really. If he could have been just a little bit stronger. Or not make Bakura so angry. Or just have chosen the right words at the right time. If he wasn't so damn skittish and shy. May be then…

 

He wrapped his towel around his hips and tucked the corner down so that it would stay in place. He was just going to open the door and slip around the corner and enter his bedroom to get dressed.