Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The 8th Millenium Item ❯ Revalations and Confrontations ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Yugi awoke in cold sweat. What a nightmare. Makarra she was murdered. He knew this had to be a piece of his Yami's past. He closed his eyes and concentrated hard.
answer.you awake?/no answer.you're awake./to you.//this is serious!/is it then Aibou?//had a dream again. About Egypt./was about a girl Yami. A girl named Makarra. She claimed to be your fiancé. I,I mean you, went to her room and well she was-/'m sorry./'s ok Aibou. It happened a long time ago. I'm over that now. You should get some sleep. You have school tomorrow.//Yami. Goodnight./little one.//

Next day

She looked out her window at the land that was slowly appearing in her sight. Soon she would be landing Japan where he was. She had taken control of her Aibou's body for the trip. She fiddled with her bracelet nervously. 'I should have never agreed to keep this. It's what caused my own undoing,' she thought. 'But it is also what has helped me all this time,' she added in her mind.

"I'm coming Yami. I'm coming," she whispered to herself.
few hours later in Japan
wake up! You'll be late for school!//
"5 more minutes grandpa" Yugi muttered in his sleep.grinned mentally at his Aibou. How could such an innocent being be so stubborn? Teá is here.//
"Huh? Teá ? Where?" he asked as he sprung out of bed. His Yami chuckled mentally at him. Knowing his Aibou's feelings for the girl was an advantage.funny Yami but I'm not feeling so good today. Could you go to school instead?/ 'll never wake you up in the middle of the night again!/that is tempting. But still no.//I also promise to do all your chores for the next month!/you're talking, Deal.//you Yami!/the deal.//didn't reply. He was already fast asleep. Yami separated himself from Yugi's body and walked down the steps toward the kitchen.
"Good Morning Yugi- Oh Yami you surprised me. What happened to Yugi?" Grandpa asked as soon as Yugi's other side entered.
"I'll be going to school for Yugi today, Mr. Mutou. He seems to have become sick," he said before grabbing Yugi's schoolbag and lunch and walking out the door.

30 minutes later

"Hey Yugi. Oh sorry Yami. What's up with Yugi?" Joey asked Yami when he sat in Yugi's usual seat behind him.Yami could answer the teacher spoke up.
"Class, calm down. We have a new student joining us. She has come all the way Egypt. I would like to introduce you all to Makarri Mihoshi," she stated as a girl walked into the room.
'Makarra!' Yami thought incredulously. The girl sure looked like Makarra though. She had the same long raven colored hair and tanned skin but the only difference was the soft chocolate eyes she had. Around her wrist was a glimmering bracelet. She met Yami's gaze and smiled at him warmly.
"Makarri why don't you take the empty seat next to Yugi," the teacher said pointing toward him.
"Yes Sensei," she said. Her voice was silky soft. walked over to the empty seat. The boys of the class drooled at her beauty while the girls pouted all thinking the same thing, Great, More Competition. Yami gulped as she slid down into her seat.
"Ok class open your math books to page 67 and" the teacher droned on and on. Yami had half his attention on the girl next to him and the other half on the teacher's lecture on fractions. The period went very slowly frustrating Yami. Oh how he wished Yugi was there so they could switch.

"UmmYugi?" a soft voice asked from next to him.snapped out of his thoughts and turned his head ever slightly at Makarri. It pained him to look at someone who resembled his lost love.
"Yes?" he whispered back.
"Could I borrow a pencil?" she asked shyly. smiled one of his rare smiles before fishing for a pencil in Yugi's messy book bag.
"Here you go," he whispered as he handed her the pencil.
"Thank you," she whispered in return.
"Is there something you would like to share with us, Ms. Mihoshi, Mr. Mutou?" the teacher asked.
"No Sensei," they said in unison. Both were blushing slightly from embarrassment.
"Detention for both of you after school. I'm especially surprised at you Ms. Mihoshi. It's your first day and you're already getting detention," she said before returning to the lesson.
Makarri bowed her head down in shame while Yami looked a little shocked. Two hours alone with her. This is going to be a long day.