Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What Might Have Happened ❯ 6. Dueling Identity ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

~*^^*~

6. DUELING IDENTITY

What's wrong now, you look so sad

Losing your soul doesn't feel that bad

Those you love have told me so

And soon my friends, you too will know

Let's play the game

I'm sure you all know how

But watch yourselves my foolish friends

You're all in my world now

Face up, face down

Attack or defend

Face up, face down

This battle's to the end

Face up, face down

Stay on guard

Face up, face down

Play your strongest card

Face up, face down

Attack or defend

Face up, face down

This battle's to the end

Face up, face down

Stay on guard

~*^^*~

Yugi Motou vs. Mai Valentine:

<<The multiplying Harpies Lady's leaves terrible results and the Mirror Force trap isn't helping.>> Yami thought to himself as he glanced at his cards. The Shadow Eyes trap was not helping improve his look on the duel, it was making the Pharaoh rather peeved. "I play the Mystical Elf in defense." she announced placing the card down as the female elf appeared, apparently unaffected by the other trap that caused others to attack.

"Damn." Mai muttered, remembering that flaw in Shadow of Eyes. "I play Monster Reborn to retrieve my Harpy Lady's Pet Dragon." she stated bringing the dragon out to play, play to the point were their attack points were at 2900. "Attack the Elf."

The Harpies then destroy Yugioh's only defense.

<<Shit.>> Yami growled as the annoying twitch returned.

"Avoid throwing shit at the fan." With a deep breath she drew a card and glanced at it, a small smile spreading on her face. "I place the Swords of Revealing Light." she declared sitting it down as the swords appeared around her forces. "Three turns, Mai, three turns."

<<I need the Black Luster Ritual in order to win, Ra please let my faith be true.>>

Such a risk to take with only three turns.

Yugioh put then decided to put out cute Kuriboh, successfully getting laughter from the few watching. <<Of course, mock a creature that is stronger then you think.>>

Mai draws one card then ends her turn, seeing she can't do much with the Swords blocking her monsters. /Might as well, Yugi's going to be gone./ she mused with a knowing smirk.

<<Monster Reborn, perfect.>> Yami stated playing the card, which would bring out the second part of the Ritual. So she revived Gaia, the Fierce Knight. <<Two turns left, all I need is the Ritual Card.>>

/Has Yugi lost her mind at long last?/ he mused snickering about the foolish strategy that Yugi was trying to use to win.

Mai then draws her card for the turn, she drew her second Harpy Lady card. /Perfect! In one more turn I can play her and knock Miss Attitude out!/ she gloated as her smile widened. /Poor Miss Attitude, she'll be so crushed./

With another Harpy Lady on the field the combo would be nearly impossible to beat with the power of 3200 attack points.

"I end my turn." she stated with a laugh.

The then Swords fade away releasing their control over Mai's monsters, but it was Yugi's turn.

A small spike of power made Pegasus's eyes widen, seeing the power was Ancient and was powerful. Yugioh drew her final card and took a deep breath, cracking her eyes open to see something shocking.

Black Luster Ritual.

<<Thank you Ra.>> he said with a laugh.

"I play Black Luster Ritual and sacrifice Kuriboh and Gaia the Fierce Knight." Yugioh announced as Mai and all gawked.

Powers of light and darkness combined, the Gates of Chaos opened and the Black Luster Soldier emerged on to the field.

"Attack, Black Luster Solider." Yugioh declared with a hint of triumphant in her voice as Mai's knowing smile fell to one of an open mouth of surprise. With one attack Harpy's Pet Dragon was gone- reducing dear Mai's life points to 750.

Silence had taken over as all in the room were shocked beyond belief.

/No! Without the Dragon her Solider is to strong.../ she thought glancing at her hand. /If only I had another turn!/ She then placed her hand over her deck, a sign of defeat for those that don't want to go on. In her case she didn't want to see her Harpies destroyed.

"You are a good duelist, Valentine, but always remember to put your trust in more then your Harpies Ladies." Yugioh stated with a nod and turned to go.

"Winner is Yugi Motou!"

!*^^*!

Joey Wheeler vs. Bandit Keith: Joey Wins, no need to Explain?

!*^^*!

Joey Wheeler vs. Yugi Motou:

Black Skull Dragon.

That was Yugioh's bane at the moment, but not for long. <<Time to use my favorite combination to bring down this boy's confidence.>> Yami mused as he decided to put down his two cards. "I play Dark Magician in Attack with the magic card Magical Hats." she stated as the Magician appeared and then the hats over him, the hats then moved quickly to hide her Dark Magician. "Take a shot, Blondie, you have a quarter of a chance to find the right hat."

"Dragon, attack the middle right." Joey stated as the powerful black dragon destroyed the hat, only to reveal that it was empty. "I now play Gerusies in attack mode." the monster appeared, being used as bait to get her to attack.

<<Not a snowballs chance in hell!>> Yami mental declared as she pulled another needed card with a smirk. "I place this card face down under one of the hats and end my turn."

"Seeing your Magician is somewhere under those three I will attack the one on the far left." Joey declared as the hat was destroyed- yet also another empty hat. He cursed as she laughed at his frustration.

"Poor Joey Wheeler, can't even make the right guesses." she taunted with a smirk as he growled. "I end my turn and leave you with a fifty-fifty chance of taking out my strongest monster on the field."

"I attack the one on the right." he declared triumphantly as the hat was destroyed, showing the Spell-Binding Circle.

"Well then, that lowers your attack of course." Yugioh stated as the high attack dropped to 2500.

"I switch Gerusies into defense mode." he stated turning the card. "That ends my turn."

"I'll play the magic card Book of Secret Arts, giving my Magician a power boost to 2800, and now I'll let him show you those Secret Arts." she stated as the Dark Magician attacked and successfully destroying Joey dear dragon. "I end my turn."

/Damn! I have no good cards./ Joey cursed as he sat Baby Dragon down, expecting laughter from his opponent which didn't happen. "Baby Dragon in defense mode and one card face down." he declared ending his turn.

"I'll take a long shot then." she declared putting the Time Wizard down in Attack mode. so he attacked. "Time Wizard, let's see if luck is on my side." she declared as the monster started the Time Roulette.

<<Come on, Ra help me.>>

/Don’t work, don't work!!!/

"Success!" Yugioh stated as the field was aged one millennia creating Thousand Dragon and Dark Sage in it's process and taking out Gerusies in the process. "I end my turn."

Thousand Dragon is told to attack, but was blocked by the magic effect of the Dark Sage. That effect let Yugioh play any card in her deck during all turns. Joey wasn't happy. "I use Mokiou Mist to stall your next attack, and then Reborn the Monster to bring back Black Skull Dragon."

"Oh no!" Joey stated in shock.

"Black Skull Dragon, duke it out." Yugioh stated as that attack finished the duel.

"Yugi Motou is the winner and will duel Mr. Pegasus in one hour."

~*^^*~