Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What would you do? ❯ Mission assigned ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

What would you do?
Chapter 2
By: Ldychaos
Co-authored by: Azriel Anarick
&
Seth Haruta
 
Disclaimer: Due to unfortunate monetary circumstances, we do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho
 
The days of peace and slumberous clam are fled.
John Keats
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
A portal opened in Koenma's office. Yuuske and Kuwabara walked in. Hiei and Kurama looked from Koenma back to Yuuske and Kuwabara.
 
“So what took you so long detective?” Hiei stared at Yuuske with a cold expression.
 
“Glad you haven't changed Hiei. Thought you might have gone soft with Mukuro,” responded Yuuske.
 
The fire apparition did not viscerally react to the spirit detective's taunts. But images of how to use the detective for target practice did run through his mind. He smirked at the image of Yuuske impaled on his claws.
 
“At least when Mukuro brought you back, she made you taller.” Smirked the detective, as he looked up and down at the now 5' 6” apparition.
 
“You little fuck bag!!!” Hiei lunged at the detective. He slammed his fist into Yuuske's smirking face.
 
Yuuske backed off in pain, then looked up and smirked, “Hey I'm not the little one here.”
 
Koenma looked at the two with an annoyed expression, “Stop this at once children! I have an important assignment for the four of you, now listen.”
 
Hiei gave the smirking Yuuske a disdainful look. He backed down, crossed his arms and looked off into the distance. Yuuske continued to smirk and wiped the blood from his mouth. He turned to Koenma, “So what's up toddler?”
 
Koenma glared at Yuuske, “You will cease to call me by that name detective. This is serious business.”
 
“Don't get your diaper in a bunch. We're here aren't we?” He crossed his arms and leaned against the office wall.
 
“There has been some activity in this area by the Makai border,” Koenma pointed to the map on the monitor. “As of yet we have been unable to detect unusual energy. But youkai have been breaking through the border to get to this mountain. As soon as they appear on the sensors, they disappear. Something is going on and I want to know what it is! Yuuske, Kuwabara I want you to go to this area in the Ningenkai and find out all you can about what is going on. Hiei, Kurama I need the two of you to go into the Makai and find out what the youkai want with this mountain. There is something that they know that we need to know. Gentlemen this is a reconnaissance mission; try not to kill too many youkai. We may need them later. Botan will be assisting you on this mission.”
 
“Koenma, is there anything else we should know about this mission before we go out into the Makai and risk our lives for you?” Said a highly suspicious Kurama.
 
“At this time this is all that we know; Botan assist them to their destinations.” Koenma turned back to the computer punching in various commands into the system.
 
`There is more to this than he is letting on Red.'
 
`I know Youko. I have a real bad feeling about this one.'
 
`You done talking to yourself yet, Fox. Or do the two of you need some time alone?' smirked Hiei.
 
`What I wouldn't do to have you alone for one night, apparition,' Youko licked his lips figuratively and gave Hiei a come-hither look.
 
`You wish Fox.'
 
`It would be my pleasure apparition.'
 
`Time to go gentlemen, if you are done playing with my head,' stated an irritated Kurama.
 
Botan opened a portal to the Makai; she turned looking towards Hiei and Kurama expectantly. “Sometime this century guys.”
 
The partners stepped forward into the portal. They disappeared into a swirling mass of energy.
 
“Now for the two of you. I can't open a portal on the mountain; you risk walking into a situation that you are unprepared for. I can open one in the area around the mountain.” She turned from Yuuske and Kuwabara and opened a portal leading to the base of the mountain. The guys walked into the portal leading back to the Ningenkai.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
“Is everything in order?” A dark and ominous voice spoke from the darkness.
 
“Mew… Yes mi lord,” said an innocent child like voice.
 
“Good my pet.” He patted her head with a sickening white hand. “Everything is falling into place. Soon they won't have the strength to stop me.”
 
“Will I be able to play with them mi lord?” She looked at her master with a hopeful expression.
 
“Of course my dear. After all my most loyal follower must be rewarded.”
 
“Mew…” She wagged her tail and rubbed her head against her master's hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
“The time is arriving. The spell shall soon be completed.” Said a deep masculine voice.
 
“Yes it is. Hopefully we can hold out just a little longer. How are the others holding up?” The gentle feminine voice turned to the other.
 
“They are holding on as best as they can. But they are losing hope of ever winning this war.”
 
“So many have been lost and many more have been turned to the other side. What are we to do? I just wish that I knew if I made the right choice? Did I save them only to condemn them to a horrible death caused by us?”
 
“This is not our fault. We have to find out who is behind all this occurrences.”
 
“There is someone who is playing both sides of the field.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Author's notes:
 
Many thanks to Qarry and EvilLilVixen for reviewing the last chapter.
 
We worked very hard to get this chapter out; I hope everyone is happy with this chapter. The next chapter is already in the works. Hopefully it will be out by this weekend. Enjoy!
 
Ldy Chaos